main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Sparks in the Park, a successful Sithly event.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotstrooper

Scotstrooper Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    Hey! My apologies...RAFP= Royal Air Force Police...OSI= Office of Special Investigations...and for my wife, ANG= Air National Guard.

Cheers, Gordon.

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Sparks in the Park will be Saturday April 22.

More details to come at the April meeting which will co-incide with the Movie night at Otisdodge's place on April 8.

ForceConduit and myself will be in Boston that weekend at the Star Wars exhibit at the Musuem of Natural Science. So, we won't be making this one. But, I hope that it goes well.

Bacon

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks to Tracy for getting this info. The two of us were in a race to see who got it first, and darn it if he didn't win...

Directions to Tyndall Park Benton
    From I-30 west take Exit 117
    Stay right up hill between Denny?s & Waffle House

Veer left to red light, go over bridge.
    Go through 1 stop light(facing Chamber of Commerce)
    At next stop light you will be facing Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Go through that light (you are on East Street)
    At next light take a left onto Sevier Street
    Follow Sevier to end
    At stop sign take a right
    You are on 4th Street
    Take the first left
    You are at the PARK!!!!

Right now, we are good to go to do the parade.
    Meeting place will be @ the park, and they will have a place for us to change.
    The parade should start at 10:00 am and they want us there at least by 9:00 am-
    the parade route is around the park, and will not be very long.

4. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Between a Denny's AND a Waffle House? OMG I may not make it to the event...

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Upping this, because it's less than two weeks away. For those of us participating in the parade, line-up starts at 0930am, so we need to get there early enough to get our costumes straight...I would say between 0830 and 0900.

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Alrighty, so only a few days to go. How many of us are going to be there? Anybody?

7. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    STORMTROOPER 0280 AND FAMILY REPORTING FOR DUTY!!! TO HOT FOR VADER..LOL!

8. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh son of a gun, you're right! It felt like doggone July today. High of 94. I'll have to be sure to bring my Peppermint oil. Provided I do, anyone who's not allergic to Menthol will be welcome to put a drop on their palms or the bottom of their feet. I'll certainly do that myself.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

9. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey the three of us will be there.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    lavender
    ForceConduit and I aren't going to Sparks in the Park
    We'll be out of town.
    In Boston at the Star Wars exhibit.

Just wanted to make sure you knew.

11. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm planning on being there.

12. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh shoot! How many times have you told me that and I keep on forgetting. Honestly, I'd forget my doggone head on my pillow if it wasn't attached. I am so sorry (stupid idiot me!). Well, I believe I'm hooked up anyway and have a safe trip. I'd like to see pictures.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

13. Scotstrooper

Mar 20, 2006
    Hey folks,

I won't be able to make this one because:

1) My new armor hasn't arrived yet, (about another 2 weeks or thereabouts, then however long to get it built!)

2) Gonna be out of town with Leslie celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary, of all places at a Scottish Festival...her idea, not mine! :D

Those who are attending, be sure and have fun...and try to stay cool!

Cheers, Gord.

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    1st Anniversary, huh? Woo hoo! Enjoy that Scottish festival (where are they holding that?), and tell those shippers to hurry their butts up before their butts look like the one on that chocolate rabbit [face_laugh] .

@};-

15. Scotstrooper

Mar 20, 2006
    The Scottish Festival is being held at Lyon College, Batesville AR. Events are on from Friday 21st through till Sunday 23rd. I've been to many a Highland Games in my time and the odd Celiedh now and again, but all back in my homeland...never in the US! So it should be an interesting time, looking forward to it. :)

Apologies for the OT!

Cheers, Gord.

16. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Nyborg and I went to the Scottish festival a few years ago. It was interesting, we even got to march in the clan parade.

17. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    GORD! CONGRATS BROTHER!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO TROOPING WITH YA BRO! HAVE FUN ON YOUR SPECIAL WEEKEND!

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Scotstrooper, I didn't know you weren't from around here. You're from Scotland? How long have you been here? And the rest of ya, can't wait till Saturday.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I may not be there after all. Something has come up. I will see if I can work it out.

20. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    work won't let me off so im out :(

21. Scotstrooper

Mar 20, 2006
    Shadowscout...cool! Sounds like you guys enjoyed it then, glad to hear it. We're both really looking forward to the weekend away, not just because it's our anniversary, but because we don't get that many weekends together as it is...some quality "together time" is always good. ;)

Jeremy...thanks bro! Look forward to trooping with you too...sooner rather than later!

Lavenderrose..."hello" :) Indeed, I am from bonnie Scotland. I moved over here about 18 months ago..."here" being Sherwood. Really enjoying Arkansas so far...I would REALLY love it if it didn't have: nasty spiders/snakes, tornadoes and 94 degree heat in April! Scotland doesn't see 94 degree heat ANY time of the year lol!

Cheers, Gord.

22. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Most of Western Europe doesn't. Sheesh, I miss Germany when it starts getting this hot....

23. Scotstrooper

Mar 20, 2006
    Well, that would depend on what part of Germany you are in...I was stationed in Germany for 9 years and most of the summers there, particularly in the south, were VERY hot...just not as humid as over here. The six years I spent at Ramstein, I never had a bad summer. The flip side of that was, the winters could be very harsh...I only had one *mild* winter in those 9 years. Where were you in Germany? Military...student...travel??

Scotland does/can get very good weather, the thing is, there just ain't no guarantee of it. Summer came on a Tuesday last year apparently.:p High 70's/low 80's are the norm for the summer season, but rain is usually never far away. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Cheers, Gord.

24. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I've just had it confirmed that the paper will be there to write an interest piece on us...

25. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    strong are you with the force barriss! but it will take our combined strength to face of aginst that star spangled boyscout superman. july first at the twisters game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.