main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sparks- updated 8/8!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bobilll, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Thank you for all your support guys... finals have finally gotten here and it just so happens that I have a cold... might take a while to update...

2. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    Excellent story! It has a very original storyline, and I like that. One thing though: Your title says three children battling through the occupation of Naboo. I've only see 2, unless I missed someone. I can't wait to see the third one! :D

3. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
  4. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Nice. Unique idea.

5. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    grr, I'm so sorry for not updating... only one more week to go and then I'll be free of these darned finals...

6. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  7. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    FINALS IS SOOOO OVER!!!!! Okay, so that means just a little while before the next post!!! I'm back in the game!!!!

8. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, I can't wait! :D

Up!

9. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    You guys must hate me by now. Sorry for taking so long... just can't seem to think of ideas anymore, summer melted my brain. Maybe it's better finishing a story before posting it...

Well, here's the next post... hope I can get the next one up sometime soon.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
    Naboo?s rich green grass did not blend well with yellow vomit.

It wasn?t a really funny thought, and didn?t bring much of a smile to Asucah?s grim lips. After all, seeing his master sprawled on the ship?s floor didn?t really get the young apprentice into a humorous mood.

He had stared quietly at the ship?s interior wall for what could have been hours before finally leaving the ship, his legs slightly wobbly, in search of someone to help him. The afternoon sun brought beads of sweat all over Asucah?s face, and the tall grass prickled his legs uncomfortably. But Asucah didn?t stop, he kept trampling through the thick fields, his eyes glued to the ground below him.

If Asucah had paid more attention, he might realize how deserted his surroundings were. The fields that he cut through did not support tall grass, a sign of recent grazing. Here and there, an empty nest lay on a tree branch, and there were droppings everywhere.

Yet there was not even so much as a single sparrow present.

The nearest settlement drew nearer, and Asucah found himself reaching into the Force, an instinct that three years of training with Master Yan had punctured into his subconscious. Silently, Asucah waited for the Force to answer, whether a sharp tug warning danger, or the deep calm signaling peace.

Expecting to feel one of the two feelings, Asucah was quite taken back when he felt nothing.

Confused, Asucah?s left hand fingered his master?s lightsaber that was hooked to his belt. His own lightsaber had broken, and realizing how unsafe it would be to go out into Naboo unarmed, he had taken his Master?s. As his master was quite larger than Asucah, he found the lightsaber to be bigger, heavier, than his own. It felt strange to his palm.

Without any warning, a large beast charged toward the boy, knocking him swiftly off his feet. Thinking fast, Asucah ignited the lightsaber and plunged it into the animal?s heart. As he shoved the animal off his body, Asucah suddenly felt very dizzy.

What?s wrong with me? he thought to himself. I should have sensed it. Why couldn?t I sense it? He had always been able to reach the Force, to feel it warn and guide his body. But just now, when he had opened his senses so thoroughly, he was sure he had sensed nothing, only to have a beast charging after him a second later.

What did that mean?

Deep in thought, Asucah did not see the shadow creeping behind him, and was completely unprepared for his second attack.

"Who?s there?"

Asucah recognized its mechanical voice box the minute he heard it. Panicking, he clumsily grabbed his lightsaber, and instinctively reached for the Force. A moment too late did he remember he could not rely on the Force anymore. His reflexes were not fast enough, and were unable to block the dart which struck his forehead squarely, blanking out his world.

10. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    K I added a few changes, sorry Sobifan for not waiting for your beta before, but now I put in the changes, glad to know you're still with me!

11. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Ack, poor Asucah! What's going on? :( He can't use the force anymore? I wonder why... strange. Anyway, the descriptions in this post are great, bobill! Well done. :)

Looking forward to more!

12. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Interesting how he walked off in search of someone to help him. Usually Jedi go in search of someone else to help. But hey, he still very young. :D

I'm guessing his lack of Force-contact is due to some kind of shock reaction or something... **shrugs**

And may I say that the opening line was... attention-grabbing. ;)

13. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I loved the new post, Bobill! :D

A moment too late did he remember he could not rely on the Force anymore. Hmmm, I wonder why...

Fabulous post! :D I can't wait for more!

14. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Aww gee you guys are all so patient and everything! (hands out cookies to everyone)

Yeah, Anyanka, Asucah doesn't quite have it easy now w/out his Force powers, but hey, Jedi are people too, they ride way too much on their Force powers sometimes. Besides I like torturing him :p

hehe Sache8, I'm glad you liked the opening line! And yes, Asucah still doesn't get the helping others thing yet...

Aww thanks Monica!!! Glad you liked it! (hands out more cookies )

And thanks again Sobifan for betaing this!!!!

~*~*~*~~*~*~*

Boien hated being locked up. When she was a child, her father used to lock her inside cabinets when she talked too loudly, and usually forgot to let her out for days. Now, it looked as if she was in a similar situation, surrounded by an electrical fence guarded by mechanical devils.

All the prisoners had been designated a camp site, and were expected to stay there for the majority of the day, save for trips to the latrines. The camp sites were noisy and crowded, though, and Boien frequently made trips to the latrines as an excuse to get away from the camp. Now, on her way back to the camp site, she found herself stalling, not eager to go back to the sweaty place.

?Move along, now,? a droid ordered, obviously annoyed with her slow speed. She only sneered at the droid and continued going at her snail pace.

She didn?t even notice the droid approach her from behind, and with one swift stroke, shoved her to the ground. ?Get on going!?

Boien glared at the droid. Picking herself off the ground, she spat out a mouthful of dirt.
    She had been shoved by her father many times, but to be shoved by a droid in public was far more humiliating.

As if the situation couldn?t get worse for the girl?s pride, a soft snigger sounded behind her. Red faced with anger and embarrassment, Boien whirled around to see a lone boy walking behind her, watching her interestedly. Furiously she approached the boy and swung her fist at him, knocking him to the ground.

?Don?t you ever laugh at me?? she stopped, noticing the thin braid that hung down his shoulders. Her glare intensified, if possible. ?Jedi scum!? she cursed.

Boien felt a jerk on her arm as the droid picked her off the boy. ?No fighting,? it said in its monotonous voice. ?Any rebellious behavior will be punished.?

Before she realized what was happening, the droid had pinned her on the ground, and scraping the hair off her neck, jabbed a thin needle though her skin, injecting a something into her vein. Boien screamed as white-hot pain seared through her body. She squeezing her eyes shut in efforts to block out the agony, just as she did during one of her fathers beatings.

?Are you okay??

Boien groaned, realizing that the needle had been drawn out of her neck, her punishment over. Shoving herself off the dusty ground, she worked to balance on her wobbly knees. Ignoring the boy?s attempt to help, she weakly stood and worked her way over to her designated camp site.

?Sorry for getting you in trouble.?

Boien looked up at the Jedi boy and snapped, ?I don?t need no apology from you, Jedi. And next time, keep your mouth shut.? Before the boy could answer, she broke away and took off towards her camp site.

The camp site was perhaps the noisiest and smelliest area Boien had ever seen. Makeshift tents were set up everywhere, and were filled with screaming babies and sick cripples. All the healthy people managed to stay outside, escaping the sweaty interior of the tents. Boys mud wrestled with each other, while their mothers screeched death threats in hopes of making them stop. Everywhere, people were arguing, about the occupation, about the chance of rescue, even about how to cook the meager food supplies they had.

That is, those who had food, of course. Only a few families would eat tonight, and those were the families who had brought food from their own homes, as the droids distributed nothing. Plopping down on a rock, Boien played with the thought of whether or not to steal some food from

15. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I hope they can become friends!! They both seem to need someone.

Wonderful post! :D

16. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  17. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY Monica! So glad someone is stil reading this!!! Again I say, YAY! you're so loyal :D

Anyway, you'll hafta see!!! A short little posty...

~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the other end of the camp, Reghoir Pate spat furiously at the dirt ground. Who in the world did these Federation Droids think they were locking him up like that? Didn?t they know who he was? Or rather, didn?t they know who his father was? What would the Baron Turun Pate do, if he knew the atrocities these battle droids were doing to his only son?

It was bad enough when the droids were simply blockading the planet. But even then, with all his wealth and connections, Reggie had at least managed to buy a few fizz drinks every now and then! It was outrageous, it was unthinkable, it was?

?shiny? Curiousity overwhelmed depression as Reggie spotted what seemed to be a plastic can inside the droid?s junk pile, along with all of their broken weapons and comms.

Reggie had seen very few weapons or comm units that were cylindrical shapped.

Reaching over, he picked up the metal object and quickly tucked it into his shirt. There was no reason for the droids to know of his new discovery.

After trotting across the camp to a more isolated area, he pulled out the object and studdyed it closely. It was made of permasteel, with a bit of rubber, carving grooves for fingers of what seemd to be an adult hand. At the tip was a red button.

Reggie grinned. He had read enough books and watched enough vids, and didn?t need to press the red button to know what it was.

Tucking the lightsaber back into his shirt, he whistled innocently and looked back toward the camp, wondering which one of the prisoners was a Jedi Knight.
    ~*~*~*~*~

18. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    oooh, he found a lightsaber?! :eek: Wow, I would've never guessed that!!

I wonder what he's going to do with it... ?[face_plain]

Great post! :D

19. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Awesome, bobill! I love your writing style! :)

Naboo?s rich green grass did not blend well with yellow vomit.

:p Nice opening line!

it was?

?shiny?

[face_laugh] LOL! That was great! I loved that!

And I love Boien! She's such a toughie! :)

~~Sillé Yané~~

20. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Wow bobill, these last two posts have been really fabulous! You described and captured the atmosphere in the camps extremely well, as well as Boien's frustration. Loved the little conversation between her and Asucah too. :) And wow, Reggie found a lightsaber?

Boien snorted. ?Don?t tell me I?m deaf now. I heard you.?

Hee! She's funny!

21. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    OHH will you look at all my lovely readers, all back? Cookies for all of ya!

Monica- Nope, cannot tell, Bobill cannot tell...

Hehe Yane, glad you liked that line! It was sort of a random thingy... Glad you like boien, I like her too ;)

You liked it, Anyanka? You really really liked it? Sobs... another cookie for you! :D

Anyway I've been kinda withholding posts from you guys (don't kill me, I gave you cookies!) to try to get ahead in this fic... so here you go now!!! I had fun writing this one!

~*~*~*~*~*~

A young woman, her exotic gown and powdered face filling the holo screen?

?Citizens of Naboo, I bring unfortunate and urgent news.?

A battle droid, jabbing his blaster painfully into his back?

?Lieutenant, take this boy to Camp 14 A.?

The public radio fizzing and threatening to lose connection as thousands of citizens crowded the shop window to hear the announcement?

?It has come to our attention that the Trade Federation has invaded.?

Row after row of white tents, filled with sickness and hunger?

?Hands up, prisoner!?

Battle ships dropping into Theed, one after one?

?We have limited resources, and will not lose our peace to these warlords.?

A young, brunette girl he had seen earlier, screaming in pain as the droid jabbed the needle into her back?

?Hurry up over there!?

A desperate plea to the people?

?We ask that you remain calm, and please, do not resist.?

A silver starship streaking through the Naboo sky?

?Your Queen is gone, she won?t be back?

An old man trying to fight his way past the droids, a second later with a blaster bolt through his back?

?I repeat, DO NOT RESIST!?

Twin stakes in the middle of the camp, with metal chains wrapped around them dangerously?

?Executions for any who rebel!?

Reghoir Pate?s eyes flew open, his body jumping up from his makeshift mat. Looking around, he wrapped his blanket tighter around his body and gulped down as much oxygen as he could.

?It was just a dream, Reggie, just a stupid little dream,? he whispered to himself, wiping drops of sweat from his forehead. It took a few minutes for his breathing to slow down, and even when it finally did, Reggie knew he couldn?t sleep.

Night at the camps had brought a blanket of peace, as the wailing babies and their gossiping mothers settled down to sleep at last. Yet Reggie wasn?t the only one who suffered from a nightmare. As he looked around, he saw many prisoners moaning softly and writhing in pain.

They were scared, all of them.

And they had a right to be. Any second, one of those battle droids could come in, shoot them all, bury their bodies, and pretend nothing had happened. The owners wouldn?t be upset, it would be much faster than just starving the people to death.

Well, he wasn?t going to just sit here, waiting for death to come. He was Reghoir Pate! A noble! No noble just sat there and accepted defeat.

All he needed was an escape plan. Looking out of the tent, he eyed the electric fence warily. A single touch could numb his entire body. Groaning, Reggie looked harder, searching for some sort of tunnel out of here.

There. By that bench. A sturdy tree branch hung low, just barely missing the electric fence. Shouldn?t be hard to climb over the fence that way, Reggie mused triumphantly.

Now, all he needed was a way to get past the droids. He drew out the lightsaber, and played with the idea of using the weapon to get himself out. Without a doubt, it would cut through the droids easily, if it were used properly. But he didn?t know how to use the lightsaber, and definitely didn?t want to risk losing his prize.

No, he would wait for a diversion. Dawn was approaching, and there had to be someone who left the tent before curfew ended. That settled, he moved closer to the tent flap, managing to get at an angle where he could see the droids, but not vice versa.

After waiting a few hours, Reggie yawned. It was getting lighter outside, and people inside the tent were starting to wake up.

22. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh, Reggie is baaaad! :p Tripping an old man like that just for a diversion! I guess he got what was coming to him, huh? Nice little dream sequence too. I do really like this, bobill! :)

23. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    :D oh bobilll, I had forgotten that you're posting this! Doh! You know I love this story - it's about time someone did something like this :D anyways, keep it up, I love beta-ing for you :)

24. MaroonRacoon

MaroonRacoon Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2003
    Hi-YAH, bobill!!!

It's me, your beloved cousin from Canada!!! I'll be reading soon, but I have to go eat ice cream now...cya.

25. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Darn, he didn't make it!

I can't believe he tripped that poor guy like that! :p Some Noble he is! :p

Great post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.