main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive spartans v.s. elites major harcore war!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by comanderspartan, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comanderspartan

comanderspartan Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2007
    Yo state your name, your rank,race,class,weapons,vehicle,fav. multi player level . Who would win Spartans or elites? give your true statement who would win this war.

name - jt456.980
    rank- commander
    race-spartan
    class-1st class
    weapons- battle rifle and sniper rifle
    vehicle- golden war hog
    fav. multi player level- Zanzibar

2. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Blasphemy! There is no "Golden War Hog"!

I'm telling you right now...this RP is bad. There is no story, it's barely even a game...more like a debate if anything.

3. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Lets try to be constructive, no?

[quote=comanderspartan]Yo state your name, your rank,race,class,weapons,vehicle,fav. multi player level . Who would win Spartans or elites? give your true statement who would win this war.

name - jt456.980
    rank- commander
    race-spartan
    class-1st class
    weapons- battle rifle and sniper rifle
    vehicle- golden war hog
    fav. multi player level- Zanzibar [/quote]

The RPG has more potential then one might think at first glance (E.g. Lightsaber Combat Thread), it merely lacks structure.

[b]comanderspartan:[/b] You just need to do a few things different, is all. Most of the serious Roleplayers on the TFN forums appreciate Three Things: Structure, Grammar and Spelling, and Professionalism.

[i]-Structure:[/i] Your game needs to have a storyline, rules, etc.

There's nothing wrong with an all out war; in my experience, human beings typically enjoy the idea of fighting senselessly (In regards to Role Playing, of course). However, you have to give them something to fight about. There has to be a reason for them to fight (not just "they're at war". Plot and setting are an absolute must.

Also, a set of rules is more than a little important, otherwise you potentially end up with those individuals who claim they never die and get out of everything.

[i]-Grammar & Spelling:[/i] Perhaps one of the more boring parts of middle school, but very important whence designing and participating in an RPG.

Your game title certainly doesn't need umpteen exclamation points, and Versus (VS.) is one word, not two (V.S.).

Also, if you intend on starting a serious Halo based game, it's probably best if you use terms that apply to the game, not terms that simply sound similiar. (E.g. War hog vs. Warthog)

Also, capitals at the beginning of sentences and on nouns do wonders. This is creative writing, not poetry. [face_wink]

[i]-Professionalism:[/i] This usually comes as a shock to most newer players in the RPF and NSWRPF. Grammar and spelling is again a big part of this, but also, I've never seen a successful RPG start off with the word 'yo'.

[hr]

These are only my thoughts, of course, but for more information on Role Playing, Game Design, etcetera, check out the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_resource/b10757]Role Playing Resource Forum[/link]

Good luck to you in your future Role Playing! [face_happy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.