main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Speaking of Shore Leave.....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The pre-reg deadline is today - June 15. Your form just has to be post marked today, not received - and it's $10 cheaper than at the door. If you're arriving on Saturday, may want to try this or be sure to get there really early - it generally sells out on Saturday.

Ok, you can go back about your lives now.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ack! Thanks for the reminder. Despite the fact that I've typed today's date quite a few times, I didn't realize today was indeed the 15th. :D

3. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Well I knew it was June 15th... My best paycheck of the year so I never miss that one :D

4. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm not exactly down with the whole east coast con scene; what's Shore Leave all about? And why is it named using military terminology?

5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    For anyone interested, I still have space for one more person in our hotel room (so far, it's me, Ken2 and his wife). Right now we're at the Embassy Suites, which is walking distance (or staggering distance depending on what kind of night you've had) from the convention, but we are on the waiting list at the Hunt Valley Marriot, so there's a chance we might be there, too. Anyway, PM me if you're intertested.

Zak, to answer your quesiton, Shore Leave is a convention up in Hunt Valley, MD (just north of Baltimore). It's name is taken after an episode of the original Star Trek series. Officially, it's a Star Trek convention, but it pretty much runs the gambit, and the Star Wars people have been taking over, lately.

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
  7. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    A.M. Hall cancelled this one too?! BAH!

I shall bring my pitchfork and torch. O_O!

8. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I cannot go I am back from vacation on the 9th and I am working 12 hour shifts

9. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll be in North Carolina that weekend. :D

10. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Crap on a crap cracker! I would miss the pre-reg deadline by a mere hour! :(

Oh well, I'll just take my chances Saturday morning, but if I can't get in, I'll be mighty angry. And they won't like me when I'm angry! ;)

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So, who all is going for sure?

And when/where should we meet up?

12. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm thinking maybe the lounge area in front of the main lobby around 7 or 8 on Friday. That way, we can at least all touch base and figure out who's, when's and what's of everything.

13. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    I'll be there. Have had my room since last october. I'm all up for meeting on Friday evening. This ought to be fun!

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I should be there sometime early Friday afternoon - friday evening in the front area sounds fine to me!

15. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Woo hoo! I got a room at the Marriot. :D (how come they don't have a triumph grin or something like that?) Some rooms opened up. I'll be getting there early afternoon, as well.

That extra spot's still open, too, if anyone's interested.

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Jeff and I will be there on Saturday only. All we really could ask for is to use someone's room to get into our Snowtroopercostumes in. :D

17. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    We're going to try to make it up there Saturday since that's the only day we're all free at the same time. If anybody wants to meet up at some point Saturday afternoon, let me know...

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    You're welcome to use our room for costume changes, Wendy.

And getting together on Saturday's a great idea. Mini-meeting! If I can even get a functioning sewing machine in the next week, I'll have some sort of costume. Madness.....

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Getting together Saturday is a must. After all, we'll have to celebrate (insert random background SW character here)'s birthday!

20. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Why don't we plan on meeting in the lobby at 2:00pm on Saturday the 10th and we can grab some lunch somewhere. We can always drive over (or walk over)to that shopping mall that's across the street from the Hunt Valley and reign havoc on one of the unsuspecting restaurants there. Sound like a plan?

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It's a fine plan - barring some incredibly interesting panel or something. For once I actually have an interest in a guest there!

22. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Are we still meeting that Friday? Maybe then we could coordinate when to meet on Saturday in case there's some conflict with the programing. (Yes, a meeting to decide about a meeting. And they say we never get anything done. Hah!)

23. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    My garrison is having a multi garrison luncheon on Saturday so a lunchtime meeting is out for me.

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I'll Event Coordinate....

Friday night - those of us there can meet up. Let's say 8 pm. In the "lounge" area. Then we can decide when to meet on Saturday - as we will have a schedule by then and we can avoid meeting at the same time as BJ or Harmony are doing their q&a session....

25. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Sounds good to me, I'll be there.

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.