main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Speaking of Shore Leave.....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    For those of us who won't be there on Friday and are going to miss the meeting to decide on where to meet for the next meeting on Saturday (did that make sense? :confused:), we'll just wander into the lobby area every hour or so and see if we can hook up with you guys.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I might not be there by 8 Friday night, depends on when I can leave work. If not, I can probably call someone's cell to see what's up for Saturday.

So who will have their cell?? :D (And I'm sure whoever that is can hook Bruce up with the number, too. ;) )

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Traditionally, there is a big whiteboard and/or a big pad of paper that people can write stuff on to meet up with their friends down by the registration area - so we can post things there. Also, people stick flyers on the escalator - maybe we can put something there as well. My cell is spotty at best - and I won't have it on Friday night - but someone will have one that works!!

And for those who come late on Friday, you know where to find me....

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    And for those who come late on Friday, you know where to find me....

I have NO idea where you could be talking about. Nope, none at all.

5. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Oh yeah, cell phones! :oops: All I have to do is get someone's cell phone number and then I can call them and find out where everyone will be meeting on Saturday. Yes sir, that ought to do it. Isn't technology wonderful?!

6. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, unfortunately, my boss scheduled me to work Friday and Saturday, so I won't be able to make it to Shore Leave when the main stuff's going on.

Looks like I won't make it to an event this month.

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, I put together a new flier that I thought we could have out for shore leave. Here's a pic

http://www.geocities.com/chlillie/GSflierF.gif

I printed out a copy tongiht and... well... it ain't gonna be as pretty as it is on the gif, but it should still be effective nonetheless.

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It wouldn't let me see anything.... We have the old fliers at home as well. But I'm sure yours are lovely. the more the better, I say.

And for the curious, the weekend schedule is up on the Shore Leave website.

9. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that geocities thing. If it doesn't come up a first. Just highlight the URL at the top and hit enter.

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Sweet! Make copies!!

11. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Ok, so what's the deal with the meet up? Friday at 8 at the white board? Is that the plan?

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

12. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    I thought it was Friday at 8 in the front lounge. (scratches head)

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    How's about Friday at 9 in the lounge? Or, for those of us who looooooved BJ and the Bear (or Tek Wars, which I guess is why he's at Shore Leave), how's about 8 at the Greg Evigan panel? Or 8 at the lounge, and I'll come after BJ is done.....

And for Saturday arrivals, let's say 2 pm in the con suite? (the 50's place across from the ballrooms)

14. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Oops, sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. Ok, the Lounge, but is it 8 or 9? 9 probably is better, lets people eat and chat and shop and see Greg Evigan and what not.

I vote 9.

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I also vote 9. On account of I loved BJ as a child. Pity i don't have any real questions to ask outside of "What was it like to work with those blonde twins?" - a question I don't think I want to know the answer to.

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Saturday at 2 is no good for me, I have a garrison luncheon to attend at 1:30.

So I guess we'll just bump into each other at Shore Leave at somepoint.

I won't be too hard to miss, I'll be the Royal Guard being lead around the con by Jeff!! lol

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, that's what you get for having friends besides us. ;)

Nice thing about cons this size - you can usually find whoever you're looking for.

18. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok, for those of us arriving on Saturday, we should look for you guys in the Con Suite. Right? Actually, we'll probably run into some of you before that as we should be arriving around noon. Anyone up for lunch around 2:30/3:00, or does everyone already have plans? Let me know...

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Looks like I won't be making it, after all. Have fun, you guys! Be sure to get the gratutious bar picture!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.