main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Special Editions

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by NorwichJedi, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I understand that many fans did/do not like the special editions. I, however, did not mind them and enjoyed seeing Ian as Palpatine in Episode V. My question is, if Lucas decided to go back and release Special Editions of Episodes I, II, and III, what would you like to see added or removed? You cannot just say Jar Jar or Attack of the Clones, that would be too easy. Mine are:

The Phantom Menace:
    -reinsert the scene of Anakin fighting young Greedo, it shows that Anakin has a temper and is yet another link to the Original Trilogy
    -reinsert the scene where Qui-Gon discovers the sith probe droid, it explains why they are running in the next scene

Attack of the Clones:
    -end the picnic scene after Anakin says "Well, if it works." The frolicking is silly and it gives the scene a chill
    -reinsert the Padme confonting Dooku and the trial scenes, it makes no sense for Anakin and Padme to be captured and wheeled out to the arena five minutes later
    -have Yoda walk instead of fly in his chair when he is talking to Mace and Obi-Wan, it just looks silly

Revenge of the Sith:
    -Yoda landing on Dagobah, do I have to say anything?
    -Qui-Gon's voice over, the additional training came out of nowhere
    -Shaak Ti needs to die somewhere in the movie, they aluded to it throughout Clone Wars
    -show Quinlan Vos get shot, throw the EU fans a bone
    -Padme and the Rebellion, they are good scenes and make and one of shows growing mistrust between Anakin and Padme

These are some ideas and I would like to hear more. Also, I would like Anakin to vanish after he dies in Episode VI. Oh, and no stupid posts from Nick.

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Okay, I'm game, but my thinking is unorthodox here...

The Phantom Menace -
    1. Intro scene with Darth Sidious and Darth Plagueis. Plaqueis has just told his "trusted" apprentice he has done the impossible and created life from the force. Sidious gets jealous, sees his days are numbered, and of course, kills Plagueis and puts his evil plans in motion to bring the sith back. You could have Mark Hamill play Darth Plagueis. Luke and Plagueis look alike? Plagueis creates Anakin from some of his genetic material and his ability to manipulate midi-chlorians. Somehow we find out that Plaqueis' real last name is Skywalker.........:eek:

2. Show Sifo Diyas making deals with the Kaminoans to create a clone army because he sees the coming Phantom Menace. Sifo knows it's Palpatine, so Palpy recruits Dooku after he leaves the Jedi Order disillusioned to sabotage Sifo and plant Jango Fett as the clone template and weaving Order 66 into their loyalty code. We also get to see more of Jango's Mandalorian background.

Attack of the Clones -
    1. Show the full scene of Anakin slaughtering the sand people. No camera cuts. It'll show his cold rage and anger and that he is capable of atrocities we couldn't dream of. Show a close-up of his face with a look of shock and dismay at what he can unleash. Have him be absolutely confounded at how he could possibly contain such hatred and dark evil.[face_devil]

2. Create a scene with Yoda and the Wookies on Kashyyk that establishes his background with Chewbacca and Tarfful and what he did to earn their loyalty and trust. Something like he rescues embattered Wookies from Trandoshan slavers, who also, coincidentally have captured an 8 year old boy travelling with his smuggler owner and wookie nanny. Little boy Han Solo. Yeeeeees. Even throw the Millenium Falcon in there looking all shiny and new. Chewbacca takes a liking to it and Han and Chewie strike up a little friendship, which helps later on when Han sees Chewie as a slave onboard his Imperial ship as a newly graduated lieutenant and rescues him. That way the battle scenes and wookies won't feel so out of place in ROTS and there would be a reason to put Han in ROTS as an 11 year old street urchin on Coruscant whom gives Yoda intel about the separatists plans on Kashyyk. It would even give a background to who owned the Falcon before Lando and Han and why Han has such a beloved attachment to her.
    Nice, huh? You can tell I've thought about this alot.8-}

3. Show a scene with the Khaleesh General Grievous fighting against invaders of his planet when he is involved in the shuttle crash that destroys his body.He's found by Wat Tambor and rebuilt by the Banking Clan and given as a gift to Dooku. Give us a few scenes of him as his organic self and then, you know. Just have these scenes so Grievous doesn't suddenly just show up out of nowhere in ROTS, you know whadda mean?

Revenge of the Sith -
    1. I know this is pure evil on my part, but I personally need to see Anakin kill at least one or two younglings. Have one of them fight back and be gravely wounded but survive and grow up to become Mara Jade. Hmmmmmm? Damn, that would be sweet. :D

2. I agree with you Ian, Shaak Ti has to bite it hard against Anakin. We need to see Cin Drallig die as well. Give Nick Gillard some props for doing the most amazing work on the lightsaber duels.

3. Quinlan Vos needs to be seen on screen at least twice. First time he's talking with Master Yoda about the coming darkness on Kashyyk and the next time is when his EU ass is getting blown off of his tank. And yes, he survives. Chewie and Tarfful assist him in healing and escaping Kashyyk. As most EU fans know, he had a mistress who was pregnant at the time. You could have him make it back to her, go into hiding and raise his daughter (Mara Jade anyone?) It would explain her amazing force abilities and all around bad attitude and predisposition for darkness.[face_praying]

4. Yoda on Dagobah training with Qui Gon. Qui Gon admitting he honestly hadn't thou

3. rudydarthg

rudydarthg Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2004
    That was good Marselles. I would like to add more Maul (Have Maul toy with the Sand People[face_devil] ) and maybe another Jedi death[face_skull]. Just my 2 cents.

Rudy G.

4. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    A scene with Dooku and Sifo Diyas in Episode I would be cool. After the Jedi Council says that Anakin will not be trained, Qui-Gon could consult his former master in the Temple. Dooku and Diyas would be having a conversation about the defense of the Republic when Qui-Gon walks up. Dooku, obviously still a Jedi, would tell Qui-Gon to listen to the living Force, that the Council's decree is a symptom of the faltering Republic. Dooku: There is a gathering darkness within the Force and the Republic.

5. PurpleBarriss

PurpleBarriss Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Ooooh, that would be good!

My plug nickel:

One scene I wanted to modify from day one was the tender scene between Anakin and Padme that takes place on her Couroscant apartment balcony, and not for the reasons one might think. =D

After Padme informs Anakin that she would like to have the baby on Naboo, she turns around and her hair and makeup look kinda funny. Don?t get me wrong, I think Natalie is gorgeous, but in that scene her hair is pulled back weird and her face looks freshly scrubbed without makeup. All that?s missing is the mud mask and curlers! =0

She doesn?t look that way in any other scene, and (if it were ME ;) fixing her for that scene, I would have made her look more like she did on the Naboo apartment(?) balcony in AOTC. Perfect hair and makeup! Boy, have I got nerve. I?m only being petty and silly. LOL. But this has been an ongoing joke.

AND?

One time I was thinking (and laughing hysterically out loud by myself) what if: In the midst of his ?reign of terror? at the end of ROTS, Anakin decides to take a detour from his warpath to cross some names off his list?makes a pit stop at Tattooine so as to open up a can on Sebulba and Watto for jackin? him up when he was a kid. =D LOL. At first I thought maybe he could "wipe them out", but I like them too much to have him do that, so I felt it would be equally if not more amusing to have him haul them in and turn them over to the empire on some bogus charges just out of spite. =D

Of course Sebulba and Watto would both be muttering at the same time under their breath a whole bunch of stuff in each of their native languages, getting on Anakin?s nerves. Anakin would then REALLY start losing his marbles and say ?SHUT UP! I need to think! You should both be thankful you?re still alive. Remember when I told you I would be the most powerful Jedi someday? Well, that day is TOday. You?ll both pay for your lack of vision...?

6. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Niiiiiiice! Ian, that would be an awesome scene. You could even have Sifo confiding in Dooku about his formation of a clone army and that all he needs is a clone template to start. Wonder what Dooku would do with that info, mmmm? Manipulating the jedi from the very start before they even had a chance. Mwa-hahahahahahaha!!![face_devil]

7. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    What if Lucas modified the original trilogy again? (Come on, it's bound to happen when they release all six movies together.) Aside from fixing the lightsabers once and for all and the whole Han & Greedo thing, what else would you add or subtract?

A New Hope:
    -Just before Alderaan is destroyed, cut to a scene of Bail and his wife looking up at the sky. The Death Star hovers in the atmosphere. Then, BOOM!
    -Before cutting to Ben on the Falcon, show Yoda wince in pain as a thousand voices cry out in terror.

The Empire Strikes Back:
    -Add the scene where Yoda is drilling Luke on his lightsaber skills, the one where Yoda throws out metal bars and Luke has to cut them in half.

Return of the Jedi:
    -Have Boba Fett put up a fight! After he falls into the pit, have him fly out blasting only to be pulled back down by one of the tongues. Then he will at least have a cool last stand, not going out screaming.
    -Anakin needs to vanish on screen!
    -Fix the scene on the Death Star where Vader is holding Luke's saber.
    -Many people will not like this, but I would not mind seeing Qui-Gon on Endor. None of the saga would have happened without him, and I think he would look good next to Anakin with a "See, I told you so" look.

These are just a few ideas. I also think it would be cool if Yoda called the Emperor "Sidious" just once in the classic trilogy. Also, have Temuera Morrison record a line or two as the stormtroopers.

Let me know what you think about these or the prequels.

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Ian, stop it man! You don't know what you are doing to me bro!!!

Okay, here goes:

A New Hope-
    1. Have the scene like you described with Bail and his wife looking up at the Death Star in orbit, but add him saying something like "I pray that Yoda and Obi-Wan were right about those two. May the Force be with You, my beloved Leia.."
    2. Have a scene in the cantina where Obi-Wan first sees Chewbacca and he tells him, "Yoda recommends you highly. He owes you his life and sends his regards." Now that would be cool....
    3. Han shoots first. Nuff said about that.
    4. Insert a scene where Vader finds out what planet they are above when the Tantive IV was captured and that the droids escaped to Tatooine. I could hear him say, "This planet curses and mocks me with its very existence." He could ask Palpatine to use the Death Star to obliterate Tatooine just to make him feel better. Palpatine would then say, "Lord Vader, a sith does not focus on the past. Do not let your damaged memories limit your vision."

Empire Strikes Back -
    1. Put the Wampa Echo base attack scene in the movie. Wishful thinking since it was never fully filmed but digitize it or something!!!
    ESB was so good, I can't think of anything else!!!

Return of the Jedi
    1. I know it won't happen, but have the Death Star orbiting Kashyyyk instead of the Endor Moon. It would make sense. The Death Star would be there to annihilate the planet to eliminate the wookies cause, well, Palpatine doesn't like them. WOOKIES instead of Ewoks!!! It would mean the wookies would get their revenge finally. You could have an elderly Tarfful lead the attack and die like a hero. Yes, they would have to reshoot the entire movie, but it's my fantasy, so pffffft!!!!:p
    2. Just a little more Leia in bikini action. Juuuuuust a little.....[face_hypnotized]
    3. Add Qui Gon's voice to the climatic scene where Palpatine is giving Luke the lightning. Vader would be standing there trying to decide what to do and then you hear..."Follow the living force Anakin, follow your heart, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE." Then Vader lunges for the Emperor and gives him the toss.:_| Tears, baby....

9. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Ok, here are mine:

I agree with most everything yall are posting so far but here are a few that I thought of.

Prequels: Less Jar Jar, show the scenes that were cut but we saw snapshots of them, such as in EP1 where Obi Wan wasn't able to fend off the Battle Droids when they first landed on Naboo cause his saber wasn't working and Qui Gon saves him and tells him to be more careful about having his saber on under water.

86 the Midichlorians, when I was young, the Jedi Order had more of calling to it, not because you're infected with a virus that makes you levitate crap.

Make the Sith fodder a lil more badass, for example, Grievous was smokin 5 Jedi in the Clone Wars but against Obi Wan and Anakin, he bails out like a wuss. And let's not forget Dooku, he owned Obi and Ani and gave the Green homie a run for his money in EP2 but in EP3, SLICE - DONE. AND DON'T EVEN MAKE ME GO THERE WITH MAUL, didn't Maul have the HIGH GROUND over Obi???? Instead we have Obi doing this graceful flip over while force calling his master's saber and all the while, Maul is standing there with a Scooby Doo "DOH" Look on his face. For all intensive purposes, Obi should be WITHOUT LEGS and an arm in that scene, BUT NO - He sticks the landing and puts Maul in two parts but not PART TWO. So messed up.

More should have been done on Anakin's turn, who knows, maybe an extended edition in our future. Abd He should've fought Mace and OWNED his high and mighty pissiness.

NOW For the ORIGINAL TRILOGY -

EP4 - NO WAY IN HELL SHOULD YODA BE IN THERE, it screws up the story, ESB set his story up just fine, granted we live in a world now where we know who he is and it wouldn't be a surprise for us like it was the first time ESB hit the screen but still, Yoda in ANH wouldn't work.

The scene where Biggs meets up with Luke at Anchorhead was AWESOME and it should be put back in (by the way, if you don't know what the hell I am talking about, than you don't have the Behind the Magic CD Rom). It expanded on Luke and his friend and it also showed Luke as him wanting to abide by his Uncle's wishes.

There's a drawing in the Vader Ultimate Guide (Mars, please don't forget my copy bro :) ) where the Sandtroopers have Lars and Beru in custody, executioner style on a holographic image to Vader and he is giving the order to make them one with the force, THAT WOULD DEFINITELY put the sicko image on Vader that would setup all the Long Distance Force Choking (Reach out across the stars and choke someone to death) that he does in ESB.

EP5 - The only things that I would want to see would be, the scene that they didn't film where when Han, Leia, and Chewie got messed over by Lando (tha punk) were in the dining hall with Vader, that they showed that scene where they were talking, I saw story boards for that somewhere and it looked like it would have been a good scene. The other thing, other than saber training for the Luke-meister would be more dueling with him and Vader.

EP6 - Definitely in agreement on more expansion on Fett, but we should have seen the signs, he dropped out Boba so quick in ROTJ, we should have known that the same would be done for our future favorite badasses from the prequels. I think when the second Death Star got blown up that there should have been more of uprisings on other planets as well, people knew that Palpy wasn't able to handle flight so they partied, they should have shown some more Troops getting overthrown and maybe like the lights in the towers of the Jedi Temple lighting up to signify the birth of the New Republic.

Just a few thoughts that I had with me as I was watching my OT DVD's at the fitness center on the treadmill.

May have more.

Laterz

John

10. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Now, I'm not saying to put Yoda in A New Hope, just have Obi-Wan drop his name to Chewie in the cantina when they meet.

That's why I like you John, you always come up with something different that I didn't think of. The Biggs and Luke scene on Tatooine!! Brilliant!! That would be a beautiful scene. Definitely would flesh out Biggs and not make Luke look so whiny.

I will definitely bring your Vader book to the party. I think it is safe to say that we all love the material so much we could tinker and come up with an entirely reimagined OT and PT!

11. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    I see what you are saying about Yoda in A New Hope. It would disrupt the story. Something hit me when I was watching Empire yesterday, the "other". Now that we know that Obi-Wan was present for the twins' birth, the diologue just does not fit. What if an extra line or two were added?

Ben: That boy was our last hope.
    Yoda: No, there is another.
    Ben: But she has so much anger in her.
    Yoda: Soon will he too.

And since moving the battle in Return of the Jedi to Kashyyyk is a near impossibility, what if Kashyyyk was added to the celebration scene at the end? We could see wookies rise up and throw a stormtrooper or two over the balconies. Just something that popped into my mind.

12. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Good Point Ian, I thought of the same thing too but it may have been that Ben had thought that Leia wasn't as powerful in the force as Luke is, but that does leave alot more to ponder upon.

P.S. - are you back in SA town ?

13. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    I am back in SA briefly. My family is moving to Houston on the 29th, but I will return to SA in the beginning of January before I go back to school.

14. NorwichJedi

Sep 15, 2005
    I got the chance to watch Empire over spring break and something else jumped out at me. Luke comments that Dagobah seems "awefully familiar," but he has never been there. I always thought that the twins were born there but Sith proved that wrong. So what if...

In a Special Edition of Revenge of the Sith, put the scene of Yoda's pod flying to Dagobah back in. Then add a scene of Obi-Wan holding baby Luke watching the pod fly away. Luke begins to cry and Obi-Wan says something along the lines of "There, there little one. We will see him again." And then the film continues as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.