main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Special Effects help!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The_Mathematician, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mathematician

The_Mathematician Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    How would I do a slow motion bullet effect similar in nature to "The Matrix"?

I'm sure this may have been asked before, but the search engine isn't coming up with anything. I have Premiere 6.5, After Effects 5.5, Mainvision 1.1, and Photoshop.

If anyone knows how to do this bullet effect (mainly the distortion of the air following the bullet) or they know a website that can be of assistance, please email me.

If it is important to you guys, I'll give credit mentions to anyone who can help. I have tried to replicate the effect myself, but isn't working.

If anyone knows how to do this effect with other software, email me telling me the software and then the tutorial.

Please help, and thanks.

Email: timothy@underbakke.com

2. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Well, the way to go is to totally put out the extra penny and get Maya, Combustion and 3d Studio Max. Those 3 programs should get you set, post here once you get them.

3. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Vanpuyer, I was just about to marvel at a newbie who actually has everything together and isn't making a fool out of himself, and then you say that. Really think he's gonna go buy those at your whim? All together now:

"Nyyaaaaahh" :confused:

;)

4. The_Mathematician

The_Mathematician Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    Um, you do realize that's a little more than I can afford.

Are all three really necessary? Or could I get it done with one?

5. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Well, the way to go is to totally put out the extra penny and get Maya, Combustion and 3d Studio Max. Those 3 programs should get you set, post here once you get them.

Extra penny? Try extra ten grand.

And you wouldn't need all three, either. You could just as easily substitute After Effects and Photoshop for Combustion, and choose between Maya and 3ds Max. (Of course, the choice is obvious for someone to whom money is a concern.)

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  7. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    That still doesn't help him.

C'mon guys, let's get creative! How could we do this with the programs he has already. Would anyone be willing to do the effect for him?

8. Nath

Nath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2002
    Or might blender be able to do the trick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.