Info Special Features - How can I do ... ? What is ... ?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara, Mar 18, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Mhm, maybe the list isn't correctly. I need to check that.
  2. Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Master

star 1
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since it's a FAQ I'll give it a go. How come I can't Edit my posts or quote another member's post? I remember being able to do it my first day here, then after that the options vanished. Is it because I'm a new member?
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Ups, I just realised that I haven't posted what I've found out at the day I did my last post in here. Shortly: Nothing. I think it's a mistake, so I need to fix the first page.

@Smile_youS.O.B, this isn't exactly a FAQ. It's more about special stuff of the boards. But nevertheless... you should be able to edit your own posts as long as you're within your edittime, which is usually between 30 and 90 minutes depending on the board you posted. Are you within your edit time? If you're not sure, feel free to do a test post at practice MUC. Quoting another user should work always. How did you do it? What browser are you using?
  4. Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Master

star 1
    @Skiara

Ok, I didn't realize there was a time limit for editing posts. That explains it.

As for quoting, not sure if it's different here but on most forums you can quote a person's post. So far I've had to do it manually. I'm using the most updated IE
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Great. First problem solved! :)

Quoting works here as well. You can see the word 'Reply' on the right side of each post. You need to click that one and the post gets copied into the quick-reply-field. Hitting the 'Reply' button of various posts or multiple times will copy all of those posts into the quick-reply-field. Try it! Best place for testing would be the Practice MUC thread linked above. :)
  6. sbk1234 Jedi Youngling

Dumb question. How do I quote another post in my post? I hit reply, but that didnt' result in the other post appearing in my post. Thanks.
  7. jcgoble3 Bonanza winner!!

Game Winner
    star 4
    I suspect you are using Internet Exploder 11. There is a known issue with that "browser" that prevents quoting from working correctly. The workaround is to use a real browser like Firefox or Chrome (though Firefox has its own issues with editing, but that can be solved by simply opening the edit window in a new tab).
    Skiara likes this.
  8. sbk1234 Jedi Youngling

Thanks for the help.
Moderators: Skiara