main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Special Request - March 1st

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by GreyPauldron, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyPauldron

GreyPauldron Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    I recently received a special request from a local fan who saw us with her family at one of our recent parades. Her son is having a Star Wars-themed birthday party on Saturday March 1st and she wanted to see if a couple of us could make an appearance.

Knowing our reservations about accepting such invitations, I explained to her that we avoid such events because we can't accomodate every request, that any appearance would be considered an unofficial representation of SW characters not endorsed by either the 501st or Rebel Legions, that kids lose interest after about thirty minutes, and that it would be nice but not required to make a donation on our collective behalf to a local children's charity for making the appearance.

She replied by saying she understood and agreed with all of our concerns and that she would have no problem at all making a donation if we appeared at the party.

So, I'm asking for any volunteers who might be interested in joining me for the event. All she's looking for is a handful of characters, non-specific, to troop for thirty minutes only. Her son will be turning 6 years old. They live in one of the new, high-end neighborhoods near James River High School off of Robious Road in Midlothian, called "Riverton".

Feel free to send me feedback at tk1255@comcast.net. Thanks!

-Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.