Niagara, ON Special Summer Invitation

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Yebbed-Crage, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a special event for the club. We would like to officially invite members from YJN to my parents? cottage in Wasaga Beach for some summer fun. We wanted to ask everyone up for the weekend of August 26th ? 28th, but apparently that is the weekend of SFX, so instead we have decided to invite everyone up on August 23rd ? August 25th.

Yes, it is in the middle of the week, and we do understand that some of you have jobs, but perhaps there is still time to ask for a couple of days off, or switch some days around. Even if you can only come on the 24th, you can still enjoy some beach time, some floating in the river, some BBQ?ing, some campfire, some games??and the company of good friends.

My parents have given their consent for having everyone come up, but have asked that their property and belongings are respected, and that everything is left in the condition that it was when you arrived.

Since there are not enough beds for everyone, you will need to bring your own tent and sleeping bag, as well as your own food (which can be bought at the store up there). Since Chris and I are already up there on holidays for the week, you must be able to get there and back. It also would be greatly appreciated that those who are coming bring lawn chairs.

Directions will be provided, and Chris is willing to meet those that are driving in Barrie, so you can follow him to the cottage. Please PM Chris or I for the directions and we will send them to you.

I don't want to hinder those that can come, even if it's just for the day, but those that can carpool would be greatly appreciated. There is not a lot of room for numerous vehicles to park. There are some trees that drop sap, so it is suggested that you don't park under those since it may wreck the finish on your car, and then you can't park on the septic tank, so it limits the parking we have available. I am sure there are even some people who want to come but can't drive, so it would be nice if we could find a way for everyone to come up and have a good time.

Short Version

Event: Fun in the sun beach party/camping
    Dates: August 23rd - 25th
    Place: Wasaga Beach Cottage
    Bring: Tent, lawn chair, and anything else needed for 2 nights and 1 full day

2. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am in for sure.

I have a large van and would be willing to take some people; the problem is I am in Brampton. But there is a cheap bus that goes out of St. Cat's to either Oakville or Mississauga and I could meet you there.
  3. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in, I just have to find a way to get there.
  4. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm with the Stephs :D
  5. Java_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got home from CT. Would love to attend, but it's out for us. Have agreattime though.
  6. speederScout Jedi Padawan

Would love to go. Missed out last time and this time as well wife has to work and I've got the kids. :( That and we just got back from Thunder bay 20 hrs in a car with 2 young children. [face_hypnotized] I don't want to do any car trips for a while.
  7. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL!!! Lucky me....Kaitlyn falls asleep in the car.

8. speederScout Jedi Padawan

So did both of mine until they got older.:_| Now being 2 and 7 they tease and taunt and generally drive us crazy and that's just in the car. You have so much to look forward to.:D
  9. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Yay me...so far it's going to be all females at the cottage.

No guys can go? Come on guys, we are talking about going to the worlds largest fresh-water beach, you do the math... ;)

10. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Is there anyone else that is interested???

11. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll check with work this Monday and see if I can get the Wednesday off and work around timing...

Anyonemy wife and I can hitch with if we can go? :)
  12. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you can take the bus to Oakville i can pick you guys up there
  13. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Maybe if you ask Bay or Stef one of them can offer a ride to Brampton, then all of you can ride up with Steph. I can meet you all in Barrie (say at the McDonalds on the 400, by Park Place (AKA Molson Park)) and lead you guys to the cottage.
  14. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Justin has been able to get Tuesday night, Wednesday and Thursday morning off. Justin gets off work at 5 on Tuesday and needs to work again on Thursday at 2. We understand that this may not be possible, but I hope that the times can fit in with someone's schedule, it was the only way the schedule could be changed.

Thanks! :D
  15. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hope this works for you guys if no one else is coming from your way with a vehicle:

You can catch the bus from St Cat to Oakville at 6:10 and I can meet you in Oakville at 7:15 to drive you up (I am there anyway)

Getting home is trickier. There is no way to get you to St Cat from me driving you to Oakville: unless you take the bus

Option #1: Wasaga Beach at 8 am-11:00 am Toronto, then go to the other bus station for the 11:30 bus to St Cat (gets in at 12:55) OR stay at the same place and wait for the 12:30 which gets you in at 1:50 (cutting it close)

Option #2: Leave Wed night on Wasaga Beach bus at 5:10 and get back to St Catharines at 9:50
  16. dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    We would have loved to go to this, but there was not enough lead time for us to get the time off work. :(
  17. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry to hear that Laurie. Would have been nice to have you guys up there!

18. _Superman_ Jedi Knight

star 1
    *ponders if Ford POS can make it to Wasaga Beach* lol
  19. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chris suggested that it may be best for Justin and I to rent a car to get there. The only way we can do this is if we have other passengers willing to chip in for gas/rental. To rent with the extra insurance (because of my age) would be just over $100 in total, plus the cost of gas. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks :)
  20. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will remind Nick and Graeme, they were checking out work
  21. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    I think when Chris was looking at it, it was cheaper for all of you to rent a car and drive up together, than for numerous vehicles to go up. With the cost of gas, that's what kills you. It was just a thought, but you have to get a vehicle that would carry all of you plus your stuff.

22. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's why I posted that price. It was the lowest possible cost for a vehicle that would carry 5 people and their belongings and I figured people would need the price before considering the option.
    Because of my age I have to pay extra insurance and cannot rent anything above a five passenger. It still looks as though the bus is the best choice cost wise for getting home, but if anyone is interested in sharing the cost, again, please PM me or Justin so we can rent the car.
  23. jeigh Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gas is ridiculous. Everytime I pass a gas station I scream. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH SPACE ON THE SIGNS TO LIST THE PRICE!! The signs all say 4.3, 2.8 etc.

grrr.

In other news I would have loved to come but I can't take time off work.
  24. Jedi_Squire Jedi Master

star 2
    What about taking a bus somewhere where you could meet someone for a ride. I think a bus from St.Catharines to Toronto is only $23 for there and back.
  25. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm pretty sure that is the plan already.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.