main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Specific Jedi deaths in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darkwish, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Which Jedi deaths do we know will take place on screen in Episode III?

There is only two that I can think of:

-Mace Windu: Is killed by Anakin when the young Jedi finally makes his choice to turn his back on the Jedi order and follow Palpatine and the dark side.

-Shaak Ti: Is executed on screen by General Grevious in the first portion of the film.

What other Jedi do we see die on screen? Perhaps some of the following:

Billaba, Depa
    Fisto, Kit
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Koon, Plo
    Koth, Eeth
    Nu, Jocasta
    Offee, Barriss
    Pablo-Jill
    Piell, Even
    Rancisis, Oppo
    Secura, Aayla
    Swan, Bultar
    Tiin, Saesee
    Unduli, Luminara
    Yaddle

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Bezo

Bezo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2003
    Billaba, Depa (Killed in the clone war)
    Fisto, Kit (Strangled to death by his own hair)
    Ki-Adi-Mundi (Overgrown head tumour finally pops)
    Koon, Plo (Gives up Jediism and goes on tour)
    Koth, Eeth (Slain by Grievous)
    Nu, Jocasta (Dies of natural causes)
    Offee, Barriss (Killed in the clone war)
    Pablo-Jill (Dies during a tragic limbo accident)
    Piell, Even (Undead Jedi)
    Rancisis, Oppo (Killed by Grievous)
    Secura, Aayla (shot by Boba Fett, Aurra Sing and General Grievous, as well as one of Padme's handmaidens)
    Swan, Bultar (Becomes the next Queen of Naboo)
    Tiin, Saesee (killed in the clone war)
    Unduli, Luminara (Arms torn off by insane wookiee)
    Yaddle (Falls into a vortex)

3. Darkwish

Apr 26, 2001
    Fisto, Kit (Strangled to death by his own hair)
    Ki-Adi-Mundi (Overgrown head tumour finally pops)
    Koon, Plo (Gives up Jediism and goes on tour)
    Pablo-Jill (Dies during a tragic limbo accident)
    Unduli, Luminara (Arms torn off by insane wookiee)

LOL

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yaddle was actually killed a while before AOTC, when she threw herself on top of a grenade.

Depa Billaba went half-insane with the Dark Side and AWOL, forcing Mace Windu to track her down around six months following Geonosis. As of the intervening years between Episode II and Episode III, she's been incarcerated (of sorts) at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, for rehabilitative purposes. Don't know if we'll even be seeing her final fate onscreen, or not.

Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon are both strong likelihoods, however, considering that both play a fairly major role onscreen in the final Clone War battles that we'll be experiencing, replete with -- gasp!! -- actual (somewhat extensive) dialogue. Ki-Adi-Mundi in particular has been a fan-favorite for a number of years, having been featured in several solo stories between the movies, and it's likely that Lucas will send him out in a blaze of glory.

It's rumored that Kit Fisto dies in the opening minutes of the film -- reportedly aboard the Confederacy flagship during the rescue attempt for Palpatine -- when he's killed in some gruesome fashion. (One early synopsis had him falling down a pit just prior to making it onto the bridge.) We'll see.

5. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't want Kit to die. :( He's like the big brother everybody wishes they had.

6. Darkwish

Apr 26, 2001
    Kit Fisto is cool.
    But my favorites were always Plo-Koon and SaeSae Tinn.
    I hope they all have good deaths onscreen.

I never really thought Sigmund Freud conehead Ki-Adi-Mundi was that cool. But I'm sure he will die onscreen somehow.

7. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I hope Pablo Jill goes out like a champ. That dude is cool and he knows it.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/pablo/pablo_jill.jpg] [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/pablo/pablo_jill1.jpg] [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/pablo/pablo_jill2.jpg]

8. StarWarsFreak2006

StarWarsFreak2006 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2004
    Eeth Koth died in Episode II when his Republic Gunship was shot down on Geonosis. We saw this onscreen, although Koth couldn't be seen on it because of the distance it away from the camera view. Also onboard was Sora Bulq and Tarados Gon, both who perished.

(Do NOT even think about telling me Sora didn't die, he joined the Separatists. He could not have survived a fiery explosion and then fallen hundreds of feet to the ground and then joined Dooku.)

9. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004
    Ever notice how much Pablo Jill looks like one of the hunters from "The Last Starfighter"?

Man, I love that movie. Everytime I beat the hell out of an arcade game I cross my fingers that Centauri is on his way. :p

EDIT: Oh yeah- I think every Jedi in the movie except Yoda and Obi-Wan will die. Including Anakin. That's about as specific as I can get.

10. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Nota bene, here:

Forgot to mention that Eeth Koth was aboard that gunship that Mace and Yoda watched getting wasted in midair while flying alongside them, in the second film.

(Which means he's also officially out of the running, as it were.)

11. Darkwish

Apr 26, 2001
    Pablo Jill's head is upside down.

12. OGOneKenobi69

OGOneKenobi69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I just hope Kit Fisto gets a smiley face from ear to ear.

13. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    I thought that it had been stated on this board or on TOS that the gunship that was destroyed onscreen didn't have any Jedi on it.

14. Bezo

Bezo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2003
    All the gunships had Jedi on them, though. Plus I know I saw lightsabres, so unless the Clonetroopers are better equipped than we thought...

15. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Actually there were only two or three gunships that dropped in to rescue the survivors. They then joined the rest of the wave going into battle. But you know what this is not the forum for this.

16. hicks

hicks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Billaba, Depa ( Became jaba's slave girl before Secura, Aayla, he ate her after 3 days)
    Fisto, Kit (chokes on his own tentacles)
    Ki-Adi-Mundi (his brain tumor finally got the best of him)
    Koon, Plo ( he was cleaning his own light saber & ignited it by accident)
    Koth, Eeth (left the jedi order to persue dream of being a pod racer only to end up being target practice for the tusken during his race)
    Nu, Jocasta ( when the Jedi temple get's raided an explosion occurs & Qui-Gon's statue lends on top of her )
    Offee, Barriss (Her Jedi training books were overdue Jocasta showed her the true meaning of the darkside )
    Pablo-Jill ( Sufered a heart attack when he found out about how much tuition was to train at the jedi temple )
    Rancisis, Oppo (clone troopers used him as a human piniata hoping candy would gush out of him once the cracked him open)
    Secura, Aayla (shes jabba's slave girl in ROTJ)
    Tiin, Saesee ( he cant die his satan )
    Unduli, Luminara (she got run over in a DUI incident outside a bar in Coruscant)
    Yaddle ( runs away from the Jedi order only to appear in countless bud weiser commercials)

17. darth_zellers

darth_zellers Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2003
    I hope we get to see a lot, but doubt that a huge number will get to be killed on camera.

18. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    The only one I really want to see is Shaak Ti's. In fact, I'm working on fan art of the scene right now.

HC

19. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Plo Koon better not go out like a sissy. He and Ki-Adi Mundi better show some sign of good fighting when the clones turn on their Jedi Generals!

The deaths of Jedi that I know are here:

Mace will die by Paplpatine and Plo Koon & Ki-Adi Mundi will die on Utapau. Anakin get's OWNED by OB1. And Shaak Ti is murdered by Grevious.

That's the only specific Jedi deaths that I know.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    i think its possible Anakin takes out Plo Koon or Ki-adi Mundi or some high ranking jedi, or whoevers in the temple when he decides to kill them. The only jedi who can stay with Anakin are Kenobi and Yoda.

21. Wrath_Of_Windu

Wrath_Of_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2003
    Billaba, Depa

To find out what happens to her, read Shatterpoint. Like the one poster said, she pretty much goes AWOL. Plus, it's been confirmed that she in fact won't be in Ep.III.

22. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    What happens to Depa Billaba??

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Check above, about closer to the top of the page, for a more detailed explanation.

24. Wrath_Of_Windu

Wrath_Of_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2003
    It goes like this, Mace sends Depa to Haruun Kal to settle some dispute. Depa is gone for a while with no updates or anything. Then they get some hologram photos of a slaughtering of some people with marks identical to a lightsaber. They feared Depa had done something terrible so Mace offered to go and rescue her since she was his apprentice at one time. Stuff happens and when he finds Depa she's different. She lost a lot of weight(she was already small to begin with so imagine her smaller), and travels with a group of people(I forgot their name) at war with another group of people called the Balawai. Depa believes in this jungle law now, and says the jedi's rules are unfair or something like that. In the long run, she turned dark jedi and in the end they end up fighting each other, Mace wins, Republic comes to rescue them and Depa in basically brain dead.

It's far more detailed than that, but that was basically it.

25. Darkwish

Apr 26, 2001
    I thought Windu is killed by Anakin, not Palpatine. I was under the impression that Palpatine is in the scene, but just kind of manipulates Anakin to turn on Windu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.