main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Specific Jedi deaths in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darkwish, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Caliginous

Darth_Caliginous Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2004
    Isn't it at least implied that, other than Obi-Wan and Yoda, by the end of the movie ALL the Jedi are dead?
    (NOT counting EU, only canon)

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Do you mean air support? If so , in what way? Like flying in to save a rebel fighter?

Yeah, I meant air support. But I don't know in what way, that was just the way I interpreted Plo Koon spoilers thus far. That he is shot down in his fighter over Cato Nemoidia. However, I was under the impression it was an atmospheric battle due to the concept art of the planet. That doesn't necessarily mean that my guess is any more valid than yours since I really don't know for sure how he dies.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Isn't it at least implied that, other than Obi-Wan and Yoda, by the end of the movie ALL the Jedi are dead?
    (NOT counting EU, only canon)

In a nutshell: "no." Not all of the Jedi were with clonetrooper regiments in the film anyways. Plenty left for the Empire to hunt down betwixt the movies. And a few remain alive into the Rebellion era.

(There are a couple other threads in here where that's discussed.)

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes , but this thread may be my favorite.

In a nutshell: "no." Not all of the Jedi were with clonetrooper regiments in the film anyways. Plenty left for the Empire to hunt down betwixt the movies. And a few remain alive into the Rebellion era.

Yes, I agree, but my gut feeling is the main jedi will get death scenes and we will be left to ponder what happened to the remainder of the jedi. A great hint to look for will be what battles the jedi will actually win or if you will be able to spot a jedi heading for safety.

5. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    The graphic novel shows Barriss Offee on Felucia being killed in an explosion caused by the tanks firing at her. I'm assuming either someone else played her other than the girl who played her in AOTC (Nalini Krishan) or they just used footage from AOTC to put her in the film.

6. JediMaster05

JediMaster05 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    It is offical!!!
    Plo Koon has dialogue and gest killed fighting a one on one duel with the most powerful sith lord i saw the actor who plays plo koon and we chated for a min. and he said he gets killed fighting the most powerful sith and e says the suel has alot of dialouge

7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    OK, judging by the fact that no one (especially Plo_Koom or MasterP has responded to this thread makes me wonder about the last post. I can say the newbie has a spelling issue making me wonder some things, but If you did indead run into the actor playing Plo Koon, then what is his name? And if it is true then...............hellelluia!!!!!

8. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Now I dont how reliable this is but ogilbvb's sig says Grevious kills Plo koon and Ki-Adi_Mundi

9. JediMaster_koon

JediMaster_koon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2005
    first of all if u had anysense ppl in th efilm arent allowed to leave unless they are doing another film because of that reason. they cant leave until its reales to go to the premier to prevent future leaks. and beside he dies in space and that is confimrmed but he does die over Mygeeto.

10. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    It is offical!!!
    Plo Koon has dialogue and gest killed fighting a one on one duel with the most powerful sith lord i saw the actor who plays plo koon and we chated for a min. and he said he gets killed fighting the most powerful sith and e says the suel has alot of dialouge

For some reason I don't believe that.

11. LexLuger

LexLuger Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    This probably has already been said, but on the first post you've listed Yaddle (female Yoda look-a-like! ;)), but she died even before AOTC, so unless they do a glimpse at the past, as one of the reasons Anakin turns, you won't see her die (kill her self! :p)...

Also, a few Jedi are supposedly killed off screen at the beginning, as I heard something about Anakin and OB1 being sent on a mission at the start of III, to which they find a pile of dead Jedi at!

CHEERS!

//Viggo Vickers

12. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I could have sworn Shaak Ti was going to die in the Clone Wars cartoon.

13. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    I hope Ki fights and takes down a planetful of clones until the very end, when a death star test takes him out...

14. Jedi_Heretic

Jedi_Heretic Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Greetings

reading everyones posts I think there is something true from all. I think that GL has done a great job telling his story and according to his story the only two Jedi that survuve the purge are Yoda and Obi Wan, please read before going haywire on me. The Jedi as we know them have their own academy there own way of teaching things, no one can be a Jedi unless Yoda or the council agree upon it, we can all agree with this since Yoda says in EP 5 my council i had on who was to be a Jedi or something along those lines, so with that said Luke is the last Jedi he is the last one to receive any form of training that mirrored the old ways. Now there may have been force adepts or people who could use the force but were not Jedi. People throw the term Jedi around like it is a blanket meaning for all people who use the force. Anakin before he was trained was extrmely gifted as far as he and other people were concerned, it was not until he was trained that he became a Jedi. Other things from the movies can support this when Vader says to LUke, but you are not a Jedi yet, this goes on to mean that he must be something other than Jedi, so he at that point is a student or a force user. Finally, when Yoda says to Luke then and only then a Jedi will you be, meaning that once he faces Vader or whatever meaning you wish to imply there, he will be a Jedi. So in my opinion, all the Jedi die in EP3 and the 16-19 year gap that spans until EP4 after all Vader has since hunted them all down and erradicated them.

15. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Does anyone know how Oppo Rancisis dies

16. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    ^^^ rumour has it he is killed just before the events of ROTS..sad really, i was hoping we'd see him fighting clones.

17. darthjimm86

darthjimm86 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    What happend to plo koon?? when the council has a meeting his and another jedi just have holograms in their chairs!!!

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Oppo apparently joins the Choir Invisible in Republic #76 (or #77) directly before the film, out on Saleucami in the Outer Rim.

Plo Koon is reported to be flying a Jedi fighter over Cato Neimoidia right as the movie opens, then is later seen leading ground troops on some world when the clone jackboot drops.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Plo Koon is reported to be flying a Jedi fighter over Cato Neimoidia right as the movie opens

In what way is he shown at the beginning? That seems like it would be out of place. Battle being joined above Coruscant cuts to Plo Koon off by himself over Cato Nemoidia?

20. Master_PloKoon11

Master_PloKoon11 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Kit Fisto - Gets owned by Sidious, and loses his head.

Mace Windu - gets chunked out of a window by Anakin

Plo Koon - Hopefully gets his mask ripped off by Greivious after an intense duel

Agen Kolar - Also gets owned by Sidious

Shaak Ti - Got killed by Greivious in the CW cartoon

Ki-Adi-Mundi - receives a massive blow to the head from Greivious, killing him due to his fragile head frame

Saesee Tinn - Gets his *** handed to him by Sidious

This is my personal take on things, based off of the spoilers.

21. MatamFowas

MatamFowas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Master Plo Koon,

Are you CRAZY!!?!?!?! Shaak Ti doesn't die in the Clone War cartoon. Take a look at it again!

22. LegendKiller

LegendKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    'Shaak Ti - Got killed by Greivious in the CW cartoon'

That's odd. Then who is my red skinned Jedi EP III figure?

And, um, who is it that Mace puts in charge of the Temple when he goes to smack that bitch mofo Palpatine around?

Gee willikers, you got me there.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Nor does Anakin throw Mace out into the Coruscant street and nor do Plo or Ki-Adi-Mundi encounter Grievous in the film.

24. Master_PloKoon11

Master_PloKoon11 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I guess the CW cartoon probably isn't canon anyway... And what's this about Anakin being put in charge of the temple? I think I'm a little behind on the spoilers...

25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    And what's this about Anakin being put in charge of the temple? I think I'm a little behind on the spoilers...

Shaak Ti is left in charge; not Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.