main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Specific Jedi deaths in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darkwish, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_LionelRitchie

Darth_LionelRitchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    Even Piell is a Yoda/Human hybrid...

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    We actually did see Even Piell in the council room in AOTC.

I don't care to see a death scene for him in the next movie, but we should be noted where he is when the clones turn. I just want to see the deaths of my favorite jedi: Koon, Kolar, Tinn, Mundi, Ti(beheaded?), Undula, Offee, Fisto

3. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Even Piell is a Yoda/Human hybrid...

Lol. Maybe Yoda is his daddy. Who's the baby mama?

4. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Will we see Even Piell and Oppo Rancisis in the Council room again? And will we see them in any action scenes?

MP

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Oppo is dead and Even will be CGI'd in for at least one or two Council scenes.

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Oppo is dead?!
    How did he die?

MP

7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes how did he die , if you know to be true.

I was told he would return to the council cgi in ep.3?????

I would like to see all the council members fight onscreen using force powers and saber techniques.

that would be cool.

8. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Yeah, I'd love to see some new interesting Force techniques that haven't been seen before. Its the last chance after all...

9. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    We may not be seeing deaths from Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee and Bultar Swan because now Pablo Hidalgo says they might not be filming any scenes.

10. NeXius

NeXius Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    eeth koth is NOT dead *sigh*.... why is he listed to be in EP3 then.... and he's given orders by mace?? yes he was blown up.. i DONT THINK SO

11. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Jan 28, 2004
    Eeth Koth is dead. He will not be appearing in ROTS, but Agen Kolar, a member of the same species, will be. Although the list of characters used for filming listed him as Eeth Koth, it was just a mistake and Pablo has confirmed that his name is Agen Kolar and that he is sort of a replacement for Eeth Koth. Eeth was killed during AOTC Geonosis aerial battle. Sorry, I know this is hard for you. ;)

12. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    (Do NOT even think about telling me Sora didn't die, he joined the Separatists. He could not have survived a fiery explosion and then fallen hundreds of feet to the ground and then joined Dooku.)

* Warning - flaming another user

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Kit and Shaak won't die at the start of the film - Pablo confirmed this, and also they are both in the Council scenes, which take place after the space battle.

As for which Jedi accompany Mace, Pablo said to look at Mace's posse in a recent comic book. The "Show of Force" comics have Mace, Kit, Saesee and Agen fighting together, so I think that's who is with Mace when he confronts Palpatine.

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry, edit time ran out.

(Do NOT even think about telling me Sora didn't die, he joined the Separatists. He could not have survived a fiery explosion and then fallen hundreds of feet to the ground and then joined Dooku.)

It was believed he was on that gunship, but he wasn't. After he went missing, the Jedi probably assumed he was on the gunship that blew up.

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Correct -- Sora Bulq survived Geonosis, and went on to join Count Dooku, very nearly selling Mace out to the Separatists a few months afterward.

16. Okie_Wanna_Smokie

Okie_Wanna_Smokie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Specific Jedi Deaths in Ep. III???

How about, all of them except for Obi Wan and Yoda?

Does that work for everyone?

17. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Jan 28, 2004
    No, all that's crazy EU for you. That's why sometimes I hate it, because they make characters linger and come up with crazy stories that didn't and couldn't happen. Sora Bulq DIED.

18. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    You would think from the movie standpoint that all major Jedi except for Yoda and Obi would die, so not to leave any open story lines. There will be Jedi that survive but the major ones will die.

19. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000

[b]No, all that's crazy EU for you. That's why sometimes I hate it, because they make characters linger and come up with crazy stories that didn't and couldn't happen. Sora Bulq DIED.[/b][hr][/blockquote]Quit the stupid EU-bashing.

There's long existed a greater universe out there than simply the movies, and Lucas personally empowers it. In fact, the writer of that story has direct access to the [i]Episode III[/i] screenplay and Lucas himself, and it wouldn't have even gotten [i]approved[/i] had George not felt it to be a valid part of the SW universe.

Sora's [link=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sorabulq]Official Site Databank entry[/link]...the [b][i]"Movies"[/b][/i] one, *not* the "Expanded Universe" one:

[blockquote][hr][color=blue][b]Character: Sora Bulq[/b]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sorabulq/img/movie_sm.jpg]

[b]Sora Bulq was a Weequay Jedi and one of the taskforce of 200 dispatched to Geonosis to rescue a captured Obi-Wan Kenobi from Separatist forces. He was present during the deadly arena battle that ensued, and was one of the few survivors of that conflict.[hr][/blockquote][/b][/color]Just because you haven't read a particular story don't mean that it hasn't happened in the official [i]Star Wars[/i] saga.

20. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Ki Adi Mundi is killed by GG in ground combat. Plo Koon is either blown up in space or killed by GG in ground combat. Agen Kolar is killed by a Red Gaurd as Palpatine kills Mace Windu in his office.

21. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Jan 28, 2004
    Sora Bulq was a Weequay Jedi and one of the taskforce of 200 dispatched to Geonosis to rescue a captured Obi-Wan Kenobi from Separatist forces. He was present during the deadly arena battle that ensued, and was one of the few survivors of that conflict.

Read what you just posted. "He was present during the deadly arena battle that ensued, and was one of the few survivors of THAT conflict." He survived the arena battle, yes, which is exactly what the OS "movies" section states. However, the EU claims he survived the Battle of Geonosis, of which he did not, according to the movie. We can see his gunship shot down. Also on that gunship was Eeth Koth and Tarados Gon, both who also perished. There is no way for him to be mistakenly put as a "casualty" when all the Jedi were picked up from the arena by the gunships. He would have been on someone's gunship if he survived, and he was not, therefore he is dead.

EU came up with a very unrealistic story, IMHO. I'm not here to start and argument, believe what you want, but as far as I'm concerned he's dead.

22. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    I apologize for that -- didn't mean to come off sounding quite so much like a ****ehead. Been a long day. [face_thinking] ;)

In actuality, that gunship that got wasted carried a slightly different passenger-load; a friend of mine drew up this list, which breaks it down pretty well:

Six gunships arrive at the arena- four land during the initial evacuation, a fifth possibly rotates in at some point. Unknown if sixth ship landed- was probably flying cover for the other five.

-GUNSHIP #1:

Ki-Adi Mundi (Cerean)
    Kit Fisto (Nautolan)
    Mace Windu (Human)
    Yoda (CGI Puppet)

-GUNSHIP #2:

Anakin Skywalker (Human)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Human)
    Padme (Babe)

-GUNSHIP #3:

Aayla Secura (Twi'lek)
    Agen Kolar (Zabrak)
    Bultar Swan (Human) (presumably here, since she was next to Stass)
    Plo Koon (Kel Dor)
    Stass Allie (Human)

GUNSHIP #4:

Roth-Del Masona ("Nubian Guy")
    Luminara Unduli (Mirialan)
    Saesee Tiin (Iktotchi)
    Shaak Ti (Togruta)

GUNSHIP #5:

Eeth Koth (Zabrak) (presumably was wounded [thus not in circle] and brought aboard after landing)
    ((Sora Bulq (Weequay) (was mistakenly believed to be aboard) ))
    Tarados Gon (Klatooinian/"Barada")

NOTE: It is Gunship #5 that Mace witnesses being shot down.
    He also wrote the following in another thread, dealing with what occurred "behind-the-scenes" and a couple of other factors:

Interesting developments- a new Hyperspace article reveals that it is possible that Saesee Tiin did survive; though we can't be certain if it will actually be Saesee Tiin appearing in Episode 3, as it could be just like the Agen Kolar situation.

The article was about makeup tests, and an earlier Hyperspace article confirmed that even after the Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar thing was explained, that makeup notes and such still referred to Agen as Eeth.

Not to mention a new actor playing Tiin, which is what caused that Eeth/Agen thing to begin with. Though, granted, Tiin's face is less human than Koth's.

[...]

It's even a possibility that Tiin, like Sora, was mistakenly believed KIA, but resurfaced later on. Afterall, SW reference books, such as the POTJ SB (where Tiin's death was first referenced ), are written from an in-universe perspective, so any discrepancies in this case can be, like the Hyperspace article points out, attributed to confusion of wartime journalism. (Which is especially believable in this case, as we know news outlets such as HoloNet News were temporarily shutdown as a result to the Battle of Geonosis).

23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    It's a war fellas. Just like folks here don't know who survived and who didn't out in IRaq, these Jedi are fighting for their lives and some are just showing up later. So expect some confusion.

24. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Who is Cin Drallig? It is an extra played by stunt corenator Nick Gillard. Has everyone for got the most important Jedi...Anakin?

25. NeXius

NeXius Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    eeth koth was just replaced by agen kolar, he didnt "technically" die...i dont believe any jedi were on that gunship that blew up....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.