main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Specific pet peeves about Trailer #3

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ZeroFett, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroFett

ZeroFett Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2015
    Not sure if this is supposed to be merged into an existing thread but I wanted to find out people's specific issues they had with the trailer.

Here are mine:

-The piano single note tone opening. I don't recall anything other than wind/strings/chorus used in past star wars films bu the piano made it feel too much like any current day blockbuster Hollywood Drama. What's next guitars? A damn Spaghetti Western trumpet? lol

-The obvious use of JJ's signature lens flare in the Kylo Ren / bridge scene. Come on dude, we get it; you have your "style" but could you at least have a distinct flavor for the Star Wars franchise? This definitely looks like the director of Star Trek is the directer of Star Wars; which obviously he is. But I can't stand the cross-pollination of of the style.

-Going along with the above, I get it ....it's 2015. Most movies are going to have that distinct look of a modern film, but this trailer pulled Star Wars right into the "in your face" Hollywood big franchise glamour fest in typical Marvel/Disney fashion. A million things going on in the background and CGI used in every nook and cranny.

-"the Force is calling you"..."let it in". So are we doing away with the whole Midi-Chlorian bull****? Can anyone become a force user now if it "calls" them? What are we throwing out and what are we keeping from the OT/PT?

...ok that's all. lol...not hating... just some random pet peeves.

And I was curious on yours....

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I foresee this thread lasting as long as Fantastic Four did in movie theaters.

3. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Not enough Poe.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, this can all be discussed in the existing Trailer #3 threads... locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.