main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Spectre Seven / Rebels, post-finale SPOILERS FOR S4, FINALE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raissa Baiard, Mar 9, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is why I like "Rebels" so much. Two women talking about important things with one another, caring for one another.

I can see Chopper falling in love with the baby already.

As for Zeb, cute & hilarious reaction.

Thanks for making me smiley today. I needed that.

2. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Raissa: Very fun 'fic, and I hope we'll see more (either here or in another story).

Poor Hera ... :( But, if anyone can handle this, I'm sure she can. Not alone, of course. ;)

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Catching up with this at last, with apologies that it's taken so long. My excuse was that I was trying to avoid spoilers for Rebels season 4, but then I found out I had already been spoiled on this particular point, no thanks to Tapatalk and its "trending topics." :p

So here I am... and how glad I am that I'm here, because this is wonderful so far. What a sensitive look at Hera's mixed feelings and concerns at a time when she definitely and very understandably would be "not sick but not fine either"; I've said it before and I'll say it again, you really have an amazing understanding of this Space!Mom. :hera: All the feelings are there as she learns and shares the Big News, and all make sense: a certain amount of joy, a lot of trepidation, a good bit of lingering grief for the loss of Kanan. Also one that it's a little harder to describe, but that is a common one for moms-to-be even under much easier circumstances: the feeling of not wanting to be treated as "sick" or "weak" or "incapacitated," even by close friends who care for her. But I know this pregnancy and this child are not going to turn Hera into a weakling of any kind, whatever else they may lead to. I'd like her to remember that, too! @};-

Zeb, Chopper, and Sabine of course shine as true and caring friends—not that I thought they'd be anything but. [face_love] Zeb is so cutely funny with his counting of weeks, awkward questions, etc. (which remind me a bit of some of my dad's at the same stage... "was this planned? Do you know the sex?" :p ) But it all comes from true concern for the well-being of his Space!Mom!Figure—and I could totally see him being quite the giant, fuzzypurple mother avian given half the chance. :D I love seeing this very perceptive and sensitive side of Sabine, too; I know she'll be at Hera's side all the way, as will the Chopster, of course, in his own distinctive way. And once little Spectre Seven shows up (and yes, I agree, there will always be a One and a Six), I know these three will make an amazing aunt and uncles.

Great start on a tender, poignant story of a big turning point for Hera and her remaining Spectres. =D= Once again, thanks so much for sharing—and of course I would love to see this continue whenever you can. @};-