main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Speculating Ezra's Final Fate and Impending Confrontation with You-Know-Who

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by mshan95032, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    absolutely not. Forget the Snoke part, Ezra would never willfully make an accord with the Empire responsible for the rape of his planet and the death of his parents and friends.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Sometimes you have to put aside personal problems no matter how big - and what happens on Lothal was huge - for the greater good of the entire galaxy. This is bigger than Jedi and Sith. They both have a common enemy that they see clearly in visions of the future need stopped. The vision is further backed up by the mural with the Father, Daugher, and Son. And when Ezra leaves, the way command of the fleet is set up, makes it's more of a Jedi with Clones setup than a Sith Commanding Stormtroopers. Palpatine sees this could be a problem later, but feels it's the lessor of two evils in the now.

And who would think Anakin, that little kid on Tatoonie, would willfully join the Sith, the group responsible for the murder of Qui-Gon?

(All of that said this is totally wild speculation on my part. Except for Ezra as Snoke. Ezra is totally Snoke. :))

revan772 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Ezra will have a final confrontation with Darth Sidious and, while he probably won't die, he may end up cut off from the Force like Luke was in Last Jedi. It's one way to take care of the "Luke Skywalker is the last of the Jedi in the OT" problem.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    My problems with Rebels started in Season 2 when Darth Vader showed up and not a single member of the Ghost Crew died. When Darth Sidous showed up to confront Darth Maul on the Clone Wars, Savage Opress died. Neither Ezra or Kanan should be able to last any longer than Kit Fisto did against Darth Sidious. But Rebels hasn't show us anything to make me think Ezra couldn't have a final confrontation with Darth Sidious and not somehow escape.

Daneira likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Ghost's crew entire strategy with Darth Vader was basically "Run" so I bought it. I mean, they dropped an AT-ST on him fer crissakes and it slowed him down for about 30 seconds.

6. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I think Ezra's confrontation with Palpatine:emperor: is gonna be another dark side halucination challenge that he'll hopefully survive![face_worried]

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That makes the most sense. It's the easiest solution with the least amount of consequences.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is a test, something from the Force Priestesses, and Ezra fails on a massive scale. Leaves the Rebellion and becomes Snoke's first apprentice (we know he had one before Ben Solo)

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I really, really hope there are not heavy TCW elements in the finale. If Rebels wants to claim it was a successful original series the finale needs to mostly be Rebels. None of this The Ones business (minus the mural as an easter egg), none of this Force Priestess business. If Ahsoka must appear then make her have a very minor role.
    Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine and Zeb should be the highlights. Maybe throw Ketsu in there. The Clones and Hondo can be borderline background characters.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and cwustudent like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Luke was not cut off from the force as more he did not use it.

11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Well, Rebels isn't a original series imo. The foundation of the series is Legends, TCW and Rogue One. Season 1 was original, but then came Season 2 with Ashoka, Rex and Maul. Season 3 had Thrawn, Maul and RO connections. Same with Season 4 expect Maul, but now the have The Ones.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The realistic outcome is that Ezra does deal some blow to the Empire and/or Palpatine in some way, but he dies. If he does die, I'll be extremely surprised. Having him escape in some way or just leave the Jedi to make room for Luke would be a bit of a cop-out.

13. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Either that, or Emperor Palpatine wants the Sith Holocron (the one that contains all their secrets) he thinks he still has. That might be a treasure the Emperor would consider worth pursuing the boy for. Oh boy will he be mad if he learns he and Maul wrecked it.

JH24, BigAl6ft6 and MCAdventureCity like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Either way I definitely think we'll get Ezra and Palpatine face to face. In the Second midseason trailer there was the Ezra vs Vader shots which I personally thought was going to be a vision. It turned out that actually happened. I don't think they're pulling our legs here.

15. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Snoke's story ain't getting told in Rebels. He ain't being referenced. Nada. Nothing. That ship has sailed. No surprises are in store. If they ever revisit him - it will likely be in novels that avoid his back story even more.
    LFL is gonna have to double down on this Snoke-less identity mystery or their Rian Johnson trilogy is doomed before it starts. It's one of the main points Rian made in TLJ - no Snoke backstory. How could or would he want to keep at SW if they take that simple fact away from him?

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I have absolutely no clue what Ezra's fate is going to be. Nothing that I can make sense of anyway.

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Does he actually meet him...or does he just have a vision of him??

18. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Post-Kallus/Inquisitor villains are like water and oil.

Little to no personal connections besides being 'oh it's the bad guys from the films/EU, we have to have them'. Maul was the closest thing to a personal connection, which ultimately went nowhere. Now Sidious shows up and kinda does something.

It's just...who cares?

cwustudent and revan772 like this.
  19. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    It's difficult to say. Some kind of "dark side" test would be the safest way but it also makes sense for Sidious to be involved at this stage. He may get his chance to obtain what he was after on Lothal.

My prediction is that Ezra strikes a deal with the Loth Wolves. He will go with them in exchange for their help saving his family. Ezra's selfless decision may also be what could throw a wrench in Sidious' plans.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I thought it was likely after seeing the trailer, but after the latest episode

I say there's an over 70% chance the Emperor goes to Lothal with Thrawn and it culminates with a meeting with Ezra.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Inquistor was actually a good villian.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Just hope the show has the guts to kill him off. It's already nuts that there's a young Jedi running around who's exactly the same age as Luke, & who seemingly has abilities beyond Luke in RotJ let alone ANH.

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Well, my cable company's on demand app has the text for "Family Reunion and Farewell", and it says "Ezra's team takes drastic action to free Lothal, entering Imperial HQ and Thrawn returns to stop them; Ezra must surrender and confront a greater evil."

Well, I think that sounds like the Emperor's not coming to Lothal. He's taking what he wants from Lothal to him.

I dunno, I think Ezra seems comparable to RotJ Luke. Remember, 2018 animation vs 1983 live action capabilities. If RotJ was reshot today, do you think it'd be exactly the same?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Ezra has certainly shown more prowess as a Jedi than OT Luke by S4, but Ezra was thrown through the meat grinder more so than Luke. In addition to Vader, Ezra had to contend with Maul and the Inquisitors, and he's delved into more force abilities than Luke did thanks to Kanan's training and the Sith holocron. Its also an issue of more time in a TV series vs a film trilogy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And nothing really came out of it.