main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation: Chiss - Yuuzhan Vong connection (minor Outbound Flight Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vongoid, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongoid

Vongoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2002
    IIRC
    - Chiss are a little taller than the humans in the GGFA
    - have blue skin and red eyes
    - mature accelerated
    - seem to have superior eyesight (quote from Outbound Flight excerpt included in TUQ: "We place spotters here to track enemy vessels and other possible threats, and to co-ordinate some of our line-of-sight weaponry.")
    - are organized into ruling families
    - their homeworld Csilla is an ice planet
    - the Chiss developed Alpha Red against the Yuuzhan Vong
    - in the recent EU there aren't any force sensitive Chiss
    - the Chiss don't attack unless provoked
    - theit technology isn't very advanced
    - Thrawn (and the Emperor) seemed to know about the Yuuzhan Vong

- Yuuzhan Vong are a taller than the humans in the GGFA
    - have blue skin (look at my shaperbabe icon)
    - are organized into castes
    - their spaceships look like asteroids, sometimes covered with ice
    - theit technology didn't evolve significantly while cruising through the void

Attention, wild theory. *drumsticks*

Thrawn seems to have two obsessions - clones and the unnamed threat from the UR. Because he knows the Chiss are descendants of clones (accelerated maturing like clones, superior eyesight) that were placed on their icy homeworld? Sentient species would have hardly evolved there, and their history could be implanted memories. The Chiss are tampered Yuuzhan Vong - not that ugly, improved eyesight, reduced aggession, ruling families instead of castes. The Yuuzhan Vong the Chiss were cloned from probably reached the GFFA with Zonoma Sekot and were discovered by whoever was Dark Lord of the Sith then. That's why the Chiss, who didn't invent a lot of technology otherwise, so quickly discovered Alpha Red - they share the genetic material of the Yuuzhan Vong. Remember Alpha red was supposed to harm nothing but the Vong - the Chiss had to give it a twist to protect themselves.

The Redoubt - is that where the Chiss are really from, i.e. originally made? And is this why the Outbound Flight had to end there?

Has Vergere ever met a Chiss? Guess why not ...

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    in the recent EU there aren't any force sensitive Chiss

Incorrect.

3. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    I think he means in the NJO + Post-NJO

4. Vongoid

May 5, 2002
    ^ Yes.

5. Mandalorian-Jedi

May 28, 2005
    Sounds like a theory worth of Thrawn McEwok :p

However, the Chiss seem a bit too human. Even without mutilations, Vong are definitly alien, there's no denying it. But it's an interestingly-crazy theory and a commend you for it =D=

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Chiss can be sensed in the Force...

7. Mandalorian-Jedi

May 28, 2005
    Can Waru be sensed in the Force?

8. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    The Chiss invent things. Most of their technologies are comparable to devices of the NewRepublic or the Empire.

Aside from that it is difficult to compete with the brain-power of one million worlds and their universities, colleges, research-centers and so on, if you have only one world yourself.

9. Vongoid

May 5, 2002
    Thank you.

Yes, I guess so can the Yuuzhan Vong after Zonoma Sekot redeemed them. But throughout the NJO there is no force sensitive Chiss, but Jedi from all kinds of species. This implies to me that the Chiss aren't very attached to the force, though they can be sensed by it. Also, they seem to be afraid of the Jedi (Thrawn -> Ysalamari -> Nirauan -> Redoubt -> Outbound Flight)

They didn't have a Navicomputer IIRC, which is a bit strange for one of the major players in the UR. This could imply that they received their start-up technology from someone else and started building from there in small steps. Apparently that someone didn't want them to leave the UR.

The Aing-Ti maybe? Thrawn -> Jorj Car'das -> Aing-Ti

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm not so sure if this "no nav-computers" is evidence of a technical limitation, a screw-up of the article in Gamer5 or just a political decision to keep their population away from contact with inferior outsiders.

Consider the following:

- somehow they must have gotten their navigation-beacons to the places they are,
    - somehow they must get to their enemies once those have attacked. How do they do this, if the nav-beacons would limit them to their own pocket of space?
    - an enemy of the Chiss could force them to a standstill and greatly limit their fleet-movements, should he manage to destroy the net of navigation-beacons. I somehow doubt, that the Chiss are this stupid

Aside from this i don't remember those nav-devices mentioned in Survivors Quest. I have to read it again, but of that i'm sure. Maybe OutboundFlight will shed more light on it.

A last point about the Chiss and the Jedi:

According to Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina there are twenty million sentient species in the GFFA.

Since TPM we know, that there were only 10,000 Jedi (and many of those belonged to the same species (Twi'leks, Humans, Zabrak), so a vast number of species has not a single force-sensitive being among its numbers.

Then there is the questionable idea, if the force is really inheritable by genetics ...

11. Vongoid

May 5, 2002
    ^There's nothing about navicomputers and Survivor's Quest. I wanted to draw a line between Thrawn's fear of the Jedi in TTT (one of the reasons he carried Ysalamari), the surfacing of this fear in HOT (Ysalamari inside the walls on Nirauan) and the Jedi of Outbound Flight in the heart of the Redoubt.

12. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Why do you think there is fear?

In TTT the Jedi are enemies (and without a Ysalamiri Thrawn and Pellaeon would have been killed by C'Baoth on Wayland) and this hasn't changed in HoT.

Thrawn and his followers simply want to reduce the advantage a Jedi gets through the Force.

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

What's the bid geal with Chissy chaps anyway? There's fluting Omwati too.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That was surprisingly lucid for Excellencese...

Did Tarkin pound all or just part of omwat into rubble?

15. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    A specious connection. Just because you don't see Chiss using the force doesn't mean that the potential isn't there. And the fact that there are apparently are not any Chiss Jedi could be simply attributed to their tendency to remain isolationists.

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

However many preteens there were in xux's class, his Vicstar slagged their cliff cities.

17. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Sorry, I just chuckled when I read over this thread. The topic is funny. :)

18. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    The NETGC says that Tarkin's name is a curse in Omwati, which seems to imply that at least some of them are still around.

19. bull-sith

bull-sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    And Twi'leks are also blue ...

20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    And so is George Lucas...

;)

21. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    if that were true, the Chiss vs. the Killiks could be a proxy war between Aing-Ti and Zonama Sekot.

22. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    This could be more a function of other species not being searched as carefully, perhaps being on remote planets that the Jedi don't get to or don't spend as much time on; maybe some species fear the "creepy" powers that Force-sensitives seem to have and kill the young or keep them hidden away; and their populations could be simply so low that they don't get found or don't happen to have young Force-sensitives at the time that the Jedi come to them. (They could have easily had many the Jedi located but deemed too old.)

I don't think there's anything questionable about Force abilities being partly genetic. There are other factors, sure, and besides "random" I don't know what they might be, but I think it's pretty obvious from the EU that children of Force-sensitive parents tend to be also.

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I really son't see why this is a point. After all, Quentin pointed out there is a recorded Force-using Chiss, and just because she wasn't in the NJO doesn't erase the fact that at least some Chiss can use the Force.

24. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Some of those twenty million species might just be subspecies of other sentient species.

I wonder how the Ascendancy dealt with Force users?

25. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

The same way I dealt with Jedi Outcast's Chissy bartender?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.