main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Speculation] Darth Vader - Possible Spin-Off Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rickleo123, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    As long as Han doesn’t see Vader using the force, it’s not an issue.

La Calavera likes this.
  2. RyanjohnN

RyanjohnN Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2017
    Of course, but I'd prefer no Vader in the Han movie to be honest. But if it is going to happen (and we still don't know if it will), then my preference would be Vader not to actually be seen by Han. And if Han sees Vader dominating with the lightsaber than it takes away from him telling Luke that, "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side". That way ANH is the first time he's actually seen him, and ESB is his first face to face interaction.

But as someone else suggested the other option is Vader interacting with other characters, as in Rogue One where he didn't engage our heroes directly.

ZY-Fighter and Gigoran Monk like this.
  3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Or he sees Vader using the force but brushes it off as a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense, like in ANH. It's implied that he has indeed heard or seen a force user.

B3 likes this.
  4. RyanjohnN

RyanjohnN Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2017
    I don't see Vader using the Force in such an insignificant way that Han could just wave it off as tricks and nonsense. He's getting around choking people not doing card tricks.

I don't know if it's implied he's seen a Force user before, that may be your interpretation but it's not mine. If he has it's not in the sense of the Jedi or Sith but maybe someone trying to swindle Lando at gambling or something like that. Hence a belief that it's all just tricks and nonsense.

To quote ANH: "Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    It's definitely implied, but now only works in the context of ANH. All Force powers we saw were enhanced reflexes and whatnot. Nothing as undeniably real as force jumps, pulls, and lightning. But I guess they could work around that.

6. A "Vader movie" could work only if Vader has a relevant role in the plot
    A story similar to The Force Unleashed could work

Of course the movie will not be called "Vader the movie" but Vader would have to be an important character in the plot

I doubt very much that the appearance of Vader in Rogue One is the last
    So sooner or later we'll see Vader in a new movie

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    So, I see you've been promoted to Admiral Obvious. Congratulations. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.