main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] ROGUE ONE -- Trailer ideas

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by MotherNature's SilverSeed, Jan 4, 2016.

1. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    • [The Rebel special ops team (the team who will carry out the mission to steal the Death Star plans) are being briefed by an alien commander. He/she explains]: "There are three officers including myself who have knowledge of what I'm about to tell you. What you will hear is top secret. If you leak this information..." [pause] "...you will never be seen or heard from again."
    • [cut to show other scenes, then return to the briefing]
    • "Early this morning, the sole survivor of an off-the-record reconnaissance mission returned from deep within Imperial space. This pilot recovered images of the long-rumored battle station."
    • "This battle station is more massive than anything ever constructed." [Two members of the team slowly turn to look at each other. The commander looks downward, forlorn] "It is...the greatest threat ever to face the Rebel Alliance."
    • "The Empire have named it...'Death Star.'"
    • [cut to show an impressive and pivotal scene from the movie, then return to the briefing, with a close-up of the commander's face]
    • "Your mission is to obtain the schematics of this battle station. Your lives will be in great danger. You are our best operatives. You are team Rogue One."
    • [show title screen "Star Wars: Rogue One", "May 20th" or whatever, etc.]
    • [Music stops--Screen goes black]
    • [VO] "You are our only hope."

Spenno and The Regular Mustache like this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that they may pull some footage/dialogue from ANH. Like for example, Vader's line to Leia about "plans being beamed aboard this ship from Rebel spies." Then they transition into the actual "heist team."

Dewback likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I like it but I'd like it better if when they reveal the name of the Death Star they cut to one of the pilots rolling their eyes and then the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme kicks in.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I just want to see X-wings. Lots of classic oldschool X-wings.

5. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    It was astutely suggested in the original thread I posted this in that Vader would have to appear, so I think where I say "cut to show an impressive and pivotal scene from the movie...", that's where you put in a silhouette of Vader and the sound of his breathing apparatus.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I was really hoping to get a teaser during the Super Bowl but I read an article the other day that said it would probably debut with Captain America Civil War.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I still think we get one with the Super Bowl, Do you remember what publication you read this in?

8. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I think the trailer will have to somehow make it blatantly clear that this movie takes place BEFORE Episode 4, or there will be plenty of people thinking this is a sequel to TFA. So they may need a voice over specifically stating something like, "Before a hero could rise to save the galaxy..." (show footage of Luke from ANH during the trench run), "an underground group of operatives had to pave the way..." and then it could go into showing footage from Rogue One.

jc1138 and The Regular Mustache like this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Lots and lots of Stormtrooper vs Rebel Kung Fu action.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Exactly. If people don't realize this is a prequel there's going a ton of people in the theater watching the trailer thinking, "ANOTHER DEATH STAR?!?!?!? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!"

Hell even though I know it's a prequel I'm very Death Stared out. It really doesn't matter where in the timeline this takes place, Rogue One is basically going to be a movie featuring what's basically a FOURTH Death Star. Yeah, yeah it's technically the original big ball of destruction but for all intents and purposes it's Death Star Number 4. Let's not kid ourselves.

11. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013

I hope right, you are.

I found it, don't know if this is a reliable source though.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-captain-america-civil-war/

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Some old-school X-Wings. Some old-school stormtroopers. A few shots of our new characters doing whatever it is they do. Just a sampler taste of new planets, locations, ships, things, etc., just enough to get us hungry for more.

Oh, and maybe a brief snippet of footage of good 'ol Dark Lord Vader, or at the very least his iconic breathing playing over the title card at the very end.

EDIT: Unrelated, I just realize Darth is likely the contraction of Dark Lord of the Sith.

LANDO_ROCKS and Sarge like this.
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    May seems to late in the year, Rogue One comes out In December?

14. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    Rouge One comes out Dec 16th 2016

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    TFA came out December 18 2015 the teaser came out Thanksgiving Black Friday 2014 ?

SUPER BOWL I would bet the farm on it if I had a farm!!!!!!

16. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
    VO: 'You are our only hope.'

Nice, a perfectly fitting link to ANH. Gets my vote!

17. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    My guess is trailer comes out with Captain America and at the latest SW Celebration though I'm hoping we get some Ep 8 news as well but with only 6 months of filming I don't know how likely that is

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Quick shot of Vader at end!!!

19. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    *Lucasfilm Logo* The sound of blasters firing can be heard in the background. "This is Storm Leader, we're hacking the firewall now. Hostiles inbound!" "Acknowledged, Storm Leader, ETA two-minutes..." "Hostile reinforcements!"
    You hear the rumble of engines as a boxy looking black transport rumbles above the water. Blaster shots ricochet off it's hull as it flares just over a beach and it sets down. Instantly stormtroopers rush from the craft onto the beach, before a dozen fall from a burst of concentrated blaster fire.
    A bunch of rebel soldiers are hunkered down beside a boxy building, firing at the onrushing stormtroopers. Overhead TIE Fighters scream in on strafing runs.
    Radio crackled, "We're getting hammered here!"
    An AT-AT wades up onto the beach, it's head swings toward the collection of commandos. Then it suddenly explodes just before a T-65B X-wing soars past.
    "Thanks Rogues!"
    "Roger that!"
    The camera slowly pans upward to reveal the Death Star in the background as the TIEs and X-wings fight over the beach and the title appears. STAR WARS: Rogue One

Sarge likes this.
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I know this is slightly off topic but, when do you think trailer descriptions will start rolling in? usually when we start to get trailer descriptions we are getting close to a trailer!