main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] Several transmissions were beamed to this ship...

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by JabbatheHumanBeing, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've never understood the need to explain any of their absences from the OT. Just because they aren't shown doesn't mean they had no part to play in the other battles. We have a lot of other mediums where their part can be explored if they want to so it doesn't just have to be in the films.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "if someone is not onscreen, they do not exist."

[​IMG]

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Well-played! It's the truth. Many fans are extremely pedantic, and suffer from tunnel vision. They unfortunately do not heed the words of Jedi Master, Carl Sagan: "An absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Seriously. The gif of them running toward the AT-ATs makes you wonder if they're going to make it after beaming the information.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  5. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    All the speculation on this tower seems like it was set up in the Rebels series with Ezra using the comm tower to get their word out.
    The scene just looks amazing...I can't wait!

6. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    As the line in ANH is about "several transmissions", I'm wondering whether it means the Death Star plans are such large files that they have to be sent in several pieces.

Either that, or Jyn's team makes multiple attempts during the movie to send the plans, some of which are interrupted by the Empire.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Something I never thought of before, the dialogue says "several transmissions were beamed to this ship". So what or who could've been transmitting to Leia?

1) Jyn's and the only one we know for certain.
    2) Bail?
    3) The X-Wing squadron?
    4)Jyn repeats her transmission?
    5) Someone else?

May be it's something that will lead directly into why Tarkin orders the DS to destroy Alderaan.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Great thread folks. Very interesting and definitely builds up the intensity of the third act etc.

9. Dark Mota

Dark Mota Jedi Master

Nov 9, 2012
    Good

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Don't forget that Death Star plans were on datatapes and apparently had a very low resolution also:p So maybe there was just some transmission errors because of such an old-fashioned technology:cool:

Freelancer257 likes this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe Vader will use his sorcerer's ways to conjure up those stolen tapes :rolleyes:

vncredleader and GunganSlayer like this.
  12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Leia will be somehow involved I would say. I look for her name to be surely mentioned. I would also like to see Bail Organa involved in her mission.

I wonder who Vader will be after or who be considers the biggest threat?

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm thinking about the soundtrack, and wondering if the Journal of the Whills was perhaps one of the several transmissions beamed to the Tantive IV. If Saw serves as a sort of grail knight protector of the Journal underneath the temple on Jedha (speculating here), then perhaps he feared the Journal was at risk of being destroyed when the Death Star arrives, or stolen by troops. Saw may have handed off to the Rebels an inconspicuous backup of the Journal. R2 might still be in possession of it, and Luke and Rey are able to access the Journal on Ahch-To, now that it is in a location deemed safe to read. The Guardians of the Whills Suite might serve as a bridge between Rogue One and Episode VIII, and perhaps we'll hear it again in VIII.

whostheBossk likes this.