main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] Will Rogue One have sequels/Have it's own franchise?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Thorin Oakenshield, Feb 11, 2016.

1. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I'm guessing he hasn't seen the reactions to Clone Wars and the hope for what may be in Rebels. One of my cubemates at the office is a huge Maul fan and it would be cool if his story isn't done yet.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Ditto on Boba Fett. The whole "minor characters who don't do much becoming unexpectedly popular" thing is hardly unusual in SW.

3. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    "Rogue Two: Bothan Bloodbath"

4. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    Me. I know. The answer is another Death Star. Many Bothans died...yadda yadda. That could be a movie, tho.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If it is a huge hit, be happy you can tell and sell a Star Wars story away from the Saga, and go make more new stories.

Krueger likes this.
  6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Yep. Set the sequel after ANH, when the Rebels are scattered across the galaxy and reference Luke finding Hoth and the alliance hiding out there, but have Felicity Jones and a new team (or some surviving members of R1) on another dangerous mission. Maybe instead of the Empire it involves gangsters.

Then finish the Rogue trilogy with a film set right after ROTJ, largely on Coruscant to show the fall of the Empire and give more hints and details of the direction the galaxy is headed that leads up to TFA.

7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    As much as I think i'll like R1 more then TFA (God willing) i'd rather Rogue One as a One&Done film. Because if we get a "Rogue Two" that means less of a chance of a Fett movie, Han movie, KOTOR era movie, etc, etc.

However if our Heros in R1 act good I wouldn't mind them in other spinoffs.

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Rogue One - Steal the Death Star plans.
    Rogue Two - Find a new base for the rebellion.
    Rogue Three - Many Bothans die.

9. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    Exactly this. Was thinking that R2 dealing with gangsters would be the best way to introduce Boba Fett. I imagine the empire putting a huge bounty on the R1 surviving characters and Jabba sending his best to get them. Boba and the R1 crew find themselves on a planet and forced to work together to survive. They earn Boba's respect and he fakes their deaths[disintergations!] as a thank you. A theme of this movie would be about the crew feeling they made a mistake by stealing the plans because they are fugitives and unable to return home. So when Boba fakes their deaths Felicity's character tells them to go home but they decide to stay with her and save her family. This sets up R3 which would start after ROTJ and have the rebels trying to take Courcant and the R1 crew breaking into a prison to rescue Felicitys family[they were taken prisoner because of her theft of the plans]

Rodie likes this.
  10. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Shoot, you could have Luke offscreen (r2 delivers a "CG" hologram message or we hear Luke over intercom) ordering the Rogue team to collect Jedi relics/information from the Jedi temple during the chaos the ensues on Coruscant post-Endor. They could be the ones who recover the partial map to the first Jedi Temple and facing off against the Emperor's top guard in order to steal this stuff and yes, free some captives the Empire has been holding in a high security prison (a young Lor San Tekka anyone?)... This would be the perfect bridge between ROTJ and TFA.

Also, didn't Lucasfilm develop a new Rebel/Rogue logo for R1 which is a variation of the Rebel Alliance logo? That would seem to indicate that they are looking at a longterm marketing/branding strategy for Rogue One, and why would they do that if this was definitely going to be a one-and-done movie? If R1 is just one more, why not just slap the regular Rebel Alliance logo on it? The new logo is proof enough for me that Lucasfilm is leaving the door open for a Rogue sequel if they want.

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Would a sequel to Rogue One be Rogue One Two?

12. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    And keep it going with Rogue One Two Three and even Rogue One Two Three Over.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Me guess it will be one off. Not sure Disney will go down the path of 'mini-trilogies'

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think it would be cool if they did a large number of spin off movies about x-wing series, But then again we are going to see a lot of them in future movies. Rogue one should not be a trilogy, if anything they should give and put the characters in different spin of filmf if that is they want tell more stories about them.

I mean new characters.

15. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    My idea was Fet would be the bad guy in R2. I think he works better as a bad guy anyway

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  16. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed. I don't need to see Boba Fett's apartment.

17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    His apartment is Slave 1.

18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    FTFY ;)

19. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I think Rogue One is a call sign. Like "Red Five" or "Gold Leader". It could be the moniker for Felicity Jones' character. I don't think Rogue ONE is in reference to the first movie of a series, so the sequel if there is one would never be ROGUE TWO. You'd have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (to establish the brand), followed by a sequel with a different subtitle, like Rogue One: Corellian Captive.

20. DarthBorealis

DarthBorealis Jedi Knight

Jan 30, 2013
    What if Jyn becomes a fan favorite? Maybe we'll see more of Jyn and how her story progresses throughout the events of the OT?

Not anything cheesy like, "she was at the Battle of Hoth the whole time!" though.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I could see them do spiritual sequels to Rogue One, the way I see this movie it's like "Mission Impossible"(but with war). I also doubt the Death Star plans are the only extremely risky/dangerous missions during the entire SW timeline. I'm sure there are plenty more missions.

22. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I wasn't so sure about it at first, but others here have warmed me up to the idea.

I think there are lots of ways they could go. Follow them through the other movies, have one run alongside one of the other movies, or just all new adventures elsewhere.

Assuming any of them make it out [face_devil]

23. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Rogue II: The thing about ESB is that after Hoth, the film becomes very focused on personal struggles (Luke vs. Himself, Luke vs. Vader, and the Falcon being chased)...and pretty much the grander conflict of Rebels VS Empire is dropped. This makes for a great opportunity to set a Rogue Sequel right after the Battle of Hoth!

The rebels that escaped reconvene with Mothma and Jyn and their cell of Rebels, and Jyn and a new team are sent on another dangerous mission that occurs while Luke is training and Han and Leia are on the run and at Cloud City.

Rogue III: Mothma mentions "many Bothans died to bring us this information" about the Emperor's whereabouts...there's the stolen Imperial shuttle...Several things in ROTJ could be dependent on Jyn's team.

I like the idea that even within the rebellion she's basically undercover and a huge secret. Like Black Ops. And that would explain why she's not mentioned or seen in the OT. Jyn is TOP SECRET.

24. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, the Galaxy is such a big place and there is sure to be some other risky and massive assignment that these guys from Rogue One will be asked to do... Resulting in R1 becoming the first of yet another series of movies linked to the OT and TFA but in different periods of time!

And I see Jyn as becoming something like Ilsa of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - a master spy for the good guys and able to infiltrate the enemy lines to obtain vital Intel, while avoiding suspicion!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

25. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I really hope they don't make a sequel, does every film need a sequel now.
    Better to spend the time and resources on another spin-off in a period we know less about.

11-4D likes this.