main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] Will Rogue One have sequels/Have it's own franchise?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Thorin Oakenshield, Feb 11, 2016.

1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Just because you've seen it doesn't make it inherently bad. We've seen all of SW through different lenses throughout history. That's exactly what Lucas was seeking out to make.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    As amazing as this movie looks, I don't want any sequels or prequels. I feel like they would just come off as forced.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I doubt it will have any direct sequels. Considering it's supposed to lead directly into ANH, there's not many places they could go, unless they skip past the events of ANH (which would seem weird) or focus on one specific character, ignoring the rest of the goings-on of that time (which wouldn't be nearly as much of a draw). Either way it would seem like that would be unnecessarily muddying the waters, so to speak, in terms of the events of the Saga timeline.

Besides, let's move on to some other great ideas-it's a vast universe. Why lock up resources just to keep focusing on one specific storyline when they could explore all different kinds of ideas?? That's my thinking at least.

4. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    If Hollywood makes a hit, there will be a sequel. We won't know until the end of R1, but if Jyn survives (big if), and the film does well, they've more than likely already talked about what a possible sequel would look like. It would be the second chapter of her story, and that could literally lead anywhere. Same goes for the Han Solo flick, if it's a box office success and the fans accept the new cast, they will surely make more.

Avnar likes this.
  5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    No stand alone is exactly what it means.....

6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This. And if Rogue Two does come around it could have surviving members having other adventures between ANH and TESB for e.g...

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So, live action Rebels. But fun.

8. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    But its too obvious that they're trying to make a female Han Solo in that case. It's not bad, it's just a bit tasteless. And what do you mean with "different lenses"? A character arc is a character arc, no matter through which lenses you see the film.

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I hope not. This is essentially a done in one tale; they can live on in other mediums but I think one film about this crew and their mission is more than enough.

10. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Doubtful its too close to the main movie timeline. Nor do I expect most of this cast to even live. This should just be a one off.