main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Speculation] You heard it here first - Ahsoka Tano will die in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by clone3131, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Ahsoka Tano is a pivotal character in The Clone Wars and now Rebels. But, she is nowhere to be found in the OT. So, this means she must die.

I dont think she will die in the kid-friendly Disney led Rebels.

My theory is she will meet her maker in Rogue One. Dying in a heroic stand against Vader - which is also showcased in the Rebels trailer. They are building up this clash in which Vader will win.

-C

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    There's a typo in the thread title. I think it's supposed to read:

"You heard it here for 27,000th time."

You're welcome.

:)

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Uggh, just kill her in Rebels. Get it over with. [face_devil]

4. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    YES.

She's dumb.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm a fan but I don't want to see Ahoka's story climax by buying a ticket to Rogue One. She's going to have a big throwdown with Vader, in the animated format she began with.

6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Laura Dern says don't be too sure... :p

Zikri and Darth_Articulate like this.
  7. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
  8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It bears repeating: there are no Jedi in this film.

And don't tell me "but Ahsoka is not a Jedi anymore" crap because I doubt the filmmaker would care about Filoni's lies.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  9. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't think they'll put TV show characters in the live-action films. It's always OK to include live-action characters in TV shows, but not the other way around. It's too confusing for moviegoers, and to be honest it doesn't make any sense.

Just imagine the average moviegoers reaction to seeing Ahsoka popping up in Rogue One saying "I was once the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker," they'll be like "Who the HECK is that?".

10. 357hermon

357hermon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Personally; the catalog of Darth Vader's notoriety was over hyped in a sense. We don't see anything come close to what he's been capable of in the OT. That is in part due to the OT's time of filming of course. So, what I would like to see is Ahsoka in a glorious battle with him, be killed off but somehow damage Vader enough that his skills in the force are damaged. We don't see anything like his Rebels skills in the OT, so let's see some balance transition. It would be silly to see Vader so elegant in the dark side in Rebels but transition to some form of modesty in the OT.

11. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016

why? She started dumb but she is now the best character in Rebels??:(

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

^ This, so much this.

13. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

I just dont see anyone dying in Rebels. I mean, they barely show bucketheads getting killed. Its too kid friendly to kill off a major character.

-C

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember when Disney said there will be no Jedi in this film? Yeah. That.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Would work better if its tied to the climatic two parter ending season 2 of Star Wars Rebels so we learn she died holding Vader's attention so the Rogue team can infiltrate the Death Star or whatever and retrieve the Death Star Plans escaping as Vader returns realising he's been fooled!

Not necessary to film her death just mention it in the novelisation like they did when explaining when Poe survived in Episode 7!

So to those that care they get to cheer knowing their idol did make a difference and those that don't, don't have to sit through the wrong kind of action from their viewpoint!

Sorry but that would be the ideal way to handle this!

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Considering the title of the season finale of Rebels is called Twilight of the Apprentice I think it's very likely it will be the end of Ahsoka. I like her but she doesn't really belong in Rogue One.

Enkei, Shamear, AndyLGR and 1 other person like this.
  17. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    I'll use the "Ahsoka left the order" excuse on this one...

Very interesting....but the Apprentice is probably Ezra. Or, could be Maul?

-C

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I believe the Disney quote was something along the lines of "There is no God to save them" i.e no Force user (which is what they explained it meant)

So yeah, moving on....

19. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Sorry but I think that's a bit backward. I feel that modernity has overpowered the Force users. Sure, in the 80's we didn't see every ability or the full potential of the Force but we also witnessed quite a few missed opportunities to show us what the Force could do. One example is that when I was growing up, I assumed that you couldn't use the Force to levitate another person. Otherwise, why would Vader allow Luke to fall to his death* on Bespin? Surely, an unwilling Luke would be more valuable than a dead one. This is a conversation for another place though.

More on topic, I have liked Ahsoka much more since season three of TCW and think she has a place on Rebels but I like her as a cartoon, not live action. It would feel to me like she were there only be be a character who could be killed. It would be like waiting for the Han Solo thing to happen.

*Yeah, he would have died if certain things hadn't played out the way they did and that was Luke's intention.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Didn't happen.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Very observant.

Locking.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.