main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Speculations - A Null ARC fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ObsessiveFantasy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. ObsessiveFantasy

ObsessiveFantasy Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2010
    Summary: Ordo sighed and looked over at Mereel. As far as he was concerned, they were just scratches. But Jaing and A'den seemed peculiarly fascinated by them. Null ARCS have some downtime in the gym, and Mereel has new scars.

Mereel's been a naughty boy...and Ordo is a bit naïve... ;)

Speculations

"My guess is it's a Zygerrian."

"Don't be such a di'kut. It's probably a Farghul."

"I thought they were xenophobic?"

"True, but Mereel's such an or'dinii he could probably get round one of them."

Jaing chuckled to himself, bringing the treadmill to a slow stop before stepping off and wiping his face with the towel his brother had just handed him. A'den had a point, in some respects; Mereel didn't exactly call himself a swinger, but there was no doubt he was the most adventurous of their family. And he had new scars to show for it.

Sipping his water, A'den smiled and tilted his head, trying to get a better look. "You know, I think it could be a Cathar. Or one of their more near-human subspecies. They're pretty deep."

Jaing made a non-committal noise. "Could just as easily be a Zygerrian, like I said."

"Maybe, but I didn't think they were Mereel's type. Too primitive."

"I never knew that to stop him before." Jaing laughed. Mereel's stories were almost unbelievable at times, at others simply amusing. But never boring. No, never boring. Mereel seemed to take pride in the fact that he had done these outrageous things ? though whether or not he had actually done them was another matter entirely. In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise them if he had.

Ordo, who was lifting weights nearby, rolled his eyes and put down the equipment, reaching for his bottle of water. "What are you two di'kuts on about now?"

A'den, arms folded, leaning against a treadmill, nodded his head towards Mereel, who's bare back was facing them. He grinned.

Ordo looked over to Mereel and sighed. As far as he was concerned, they were just scratches. But by the looks on Jaing and A'den's faces, there was something he was missing. They seemed peculiarly fascinated with them.

Jaing, who was sitting on the treadmill he had previously been running on, gave Ordo a sly grin. "Mereel's been a busy man."

Ordo looked again. The scratches were quite visible, not deep, long gashes like those from a vibroblade, but not shallow enough to be from some sort of rough material. It looked as though someone had drawn their hands down his back, from the top of his shoulder blade down to his bottom ribs, where they curved out a little. Whoever had done it had had sharp nails, that was for sure, and they couldn't have been human.

Ordo sighed, mildly exasperated. "Who do you suppose how got in a fight with this time?"

Jaing and A'den exchanged knowing glances. "I don't think 'fight' is the right word, ner vod..." Jaing looked again, mimicking A'den's earlier action of tilting his head in curiosity.

Ordo knew he wasn't as socially aware as his brothers. So the fact that they both seemed to think he was missing something usually meant he was. Lying back on the bench, he put his clasped hands on his forehead and exhaled slowly.

"Mereel's business is Mereel's business,vode. Let him do what he wants."

Jaing ignored this remark. "So who do you think it is?"

"Like I said, it's probably a Cathar."

"Ha! That's a joke. I told you, it's more likely to be a Zygerrian. Or even a desperate Theelin."

Something clicked in Ordo's mind. He cringed inwardly at his earlier naïvety. If his vode had been more explanatory, he might have saved himself from sounding like a complete idiot, as they now obviously thought he was. Though he was impressed he had caught on so quickly. It usually took him a lot longer.

"Or a Twi'lek." He sighed.

Jaing and A'den looked at him. "Twi'lek? Why do you say that?"

Ordo sat up again, taking another sip from his water. "Twi'leks have sharp nails. And they're considered extremely attractive. So...a Twi'lek."

Jaing and A'den looked at him, then at each other.

"I suppose that makes sense." Jaing shru