main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Spider-Em and Zack vs Agent Sniff" MOVIE is now ONLINE! Very Funny!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by thagerty, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    I've been on this board for a couple of years now.... so i figured it was time to show my movie to the rest of you!

Here is the link to watch the movie:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3913251140182920769&q=spider-em&hl=en-CA

A brief description of the movie:

I made a "Matrix/Star Wars/Spider-man" spoof movie with my kids for fun. It's 20 mins long and is called "The Amazing Spider-Em and the Incredible Zack Versus Agent Sniff." It's meant to be funny and silly. Not made for any kind of profit.

It is done with a lot of CGI using Lightwave (most of the movie) and music from the movies. It also has a lot of Star Wars, Spiderman, and Incredible Hulk spoofs in there too!

Its about Spider-Em (my 5 year old daughter) battling against the MANY Agent Sniffs (me dressed like an Agent) with the help of her 1.5 year old brother Zack. You see her swinging through cities using her webs and super strength to fight.

There are alot of Matrix moments in there like:

Matrix 1 - Bullet Time - Emily dodges laser blasts

Matrix 2 - Burly Brawl - Em fights many Sniffs by hand and then with Lightsaber!(Instead of a pole) More bullet time stuff during the fighting but cooler!

Matrix 2 - Car Chase - Ferraris, Machine Gun and Rocker firing Hummer, and a very young driver!

Matrix 3 - Final Brawl - Em fights the One Agent Sniff (while the others watch) but "Cannot Beat HIM". Involves car throwing, plane smashing....

Its full of Star Wars lasers, Lightsabers, music and sound effects.

It all ends with the most unique and gross ending ever!

Please give your comments and rate it at Google Video! Let me know what you guys think!

2. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    at first i was like "meh" but It has its own style and was fun to watch after it got going, VFX needed alot of work but this was a just for fun thing. I am curious how you went about doing your "bullet time effects" especially the part where she has the saber out and is spinning around the guys in the air as the camera is moving.

3. v12auh

v12auh Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    that was very good, alot better than i expected, the animation looked quite rough but I bet it made the kids happy, keep it up.

4. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    I will have a "Making of" video up soon, that shows this...

In the Matrix movie, they had the actors surrounded by cameras for the Bullet-time effects. For my movie... i had my camera always still, but my daughter and i did the spinning! She stood VERY still on a "sit and spin" while i slowly spun her around in one spot. For me, I (insanely) stood on top of one of those metal spinning things you see at parks.

Then i would take these videos ( after manually rostoscoping them... NO blue-screens!) and place them in Lightwave 3d in my City scenes and have them stay in one spot. BUT.. they would always be facing the camera in Lightwave as it would rotate around. They also had to use the exact same angles as the camera while spinning.

So otherwords, the camera moved around these Smiths and Spider-em in an outer-circle like movement... while the Smiths and Spider-em stayed in one spot but doing a 360 to match the camera exactly.

It's kind of the same way they did it in the Matrix movie... the filming part was just different. They also had only 2 people at most to put in...whereas i had to do dozens...manually! Matrix:Reloaded used CGI for its characters in the bullet-time scenes.

For the scene where the lasers fly by her in slo-mo... i just had her lay on a picnic table, then i walked aroud her with the camera in hand... no dollys here...heheh. Then i had to STABILISE that frame by frame.

Wait till you see the "Making of" video, I look like a crazy idiot!

5. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Yeah... i wasn't going for pristine looks... more for fun. They love the movie!

Keep in mind i had NO blue-screens! EVERYTHING had to be manually rotoscoped..and that took forever! I admit i took some quick fixes for the animation... but i wanted this movie done. I was VERY happy about the Bullet-time stuff...as i have seen no-one else do it like this at all. (Besides the pros of course!)

For me to make it the way i would love... would have taken years to do.... (ie. taking weeks just for a 2 second shot,etc...)

If i do another one... i'll now have a faster system with more memory...which makes a big difference for detail and render times. I also make it in High-Definition too, (except the camera stuff until i get a Hi-def camcorder) while this one was made for DVD, and looks much better than this Google video one!

6. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Here is the "Making of" Video for "Spider-em and Zack vs Agent Sniff".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7707225826608173337&hl=en-CA

Now THAT is funny....

7. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    This was freaking awesome, and I commend you sir, in every way, on a finished product that kicks ass and has it's own style. Very ambitious, very cool. Good work.

8. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    That made me laugh several times. Kudos to you sir.

9. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Wow, I echo everuthing that Fig said. That was amazing.

10. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    someone buy this guy a good greenscreen to make his life easier.

FANTASTIC!

11. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    This brings back really fond Mortal Kombat memories. Hee.

12. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Hehe..that's exactly where some of the fighting bits were inspired from... only i had to tone it down.... ALOT! HEHE!

13. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Nice, I'm sure your kids loved it too.

14. v12auh

v12auh Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Im quite shocked that you didnt use any chroma keying, all hand rotoscoped, bloody hell, talk about hardships, I made a movie ages ago called sith city, still havent finished it because im just lazy, no other reason.

again well done to you, thats one of the best pieces ive seen on this website, will have to show it to a few friends lol.

15. thagerty

thagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    I have tried various different blue-screen....etc methods, but my camcorder would give crappy results that would give me almost as much work to do to clean it up. By doing it by hand (using rotoscoping software i might add), i knew what i would get as a result because i controlled it...

That's the only part i didn't like doing... i felt the pain for those MATTE artists for the KING KONG movie!!! Talk about tedious work....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.