main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2 Video Game (PS2)(X-Box)(G-Cube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTHWEASEL17, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHWEASEL17

DARTHWEASEL17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2004
    The game is coming out this Tuesday. It is supposed to be a combination of the first game, and Grand Theft Auto.

2. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah, I'm very excited about this game too. Even though it will probably suck as all movie games do, I'm sure it won't suck as hard as the first one, and being a Spider-man fan, I'll probably end up bying it anyways.

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    the first one was pretty fun. i've heard very good things about this one.

i'm gonna wait for a review before dumping my cash on it though.

4. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    IGN had a promising hands-on impressions article. But I still have a feeling that some nasty flaws will be revealed in the final review. :(

5. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    It looks sweet man. Does anyone here remember the first Spider-Man? Or the the one that came out for the N64?

6. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, if you look at it that way it can only be good.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Has anyone seen some of the recent TV ads? The game looks pretty sweet, and the webswinging looks more realistic than on the first game; there you shot your webs at the unexisting ceiling in the sky and on this one you actually have to shoot your webs to nearby buildings. I guess the game borrows a bit from Streets of L.A. where you can do some freelance law-enforcement apart from the story missions (stop muggings and the like) and from GTA in the sense of having a gigantic city as your playground where you can do fun stuff like moonlighting as a pizza delivery boy (makes sense; solo superheroing doesn't pay the bills). I hope you can also do some freelance photo shoots just like Peter ordinarily makes his living.

The graphics -- as I've seen in the grainy ads and videos -- don't seem much different than those of the first game, though. I can only hope once I load the game I'm proven wrong and that, in fact, the game will be far sweeter looking.

8. DARTHWEASEL17

DARTHWEASEL17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2004
    does anyone know if their is a review of the game on the web?

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I've got a post about Game deals here

Not to worry, there ain't any spoilers!

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I haven't went to any store yet, but I put down $5 to get a Free Tshirt at EBGames. Anyone got it? Good game?

Any trailers/stuff on there for the movie?

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The lack of the "magic ceiling in the sky" and the "magic low altitude of death" will make this game much more enjoyable than the first game, which wasn't too bad actually.

>>Does anyone here remember the first Spider-Man? Or the the one that came out for the N64?<<

How about Spiderman: Maximum Carnage on the SNES? (red carts, baby!)

[image=http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/82/605282_full.jpg] [image=http://www.spiderfan.org/software/console/1994_maximum_carnage/images/snes_cart.jpg]

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    How about......

Spider Man For The Atari 2600 :eek:

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

13. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Maximum Carnage rocked my world. I mean how cool is it to have nearly the entire Marvel line-up at your disposel to summon?

14. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    ">>Does anyone here remember the first Spider-Man? Or the the one that came out for the N64?<<

How about Spiderman: Maximum Carnage on the SNES? (red carts, baby!)" Oh yeah!

15. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    "Maximum Carnage rocked my world. I mean how cool is it to have nearly the entire Marvel line-up at your disposel to summon?" Very.

16. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Wow, I got the game today. It is totally awesome. The web swinging is way improved. You can go anywhere, and New York is huge. I still don't know where everything is at. You have to do these tasks for hero points. They're not hard, you just have chase cars, beat up bad guys. It's really cool. I'd give you a more detail thing about it, but I got to go play some more. :p

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Just bought the game today, and I'm already having what I call "Spidey Moments". My favorite one was when I was at the top of the antennae of the Empire State Building, surveying New York City when I was called elsewhere. I just jumped off and the game went into slow motion as I fell towards the ground before I shot a web and made my way to my destination. So far it has been really fun.

18. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Spider Man and X-Men: The revenge of Arcade ! for SNES :cool:

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That one was hard, though not the best Spidey game.

20. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    BartSimpson-SithLord, do you use normal web swinging or easy web swinging?

21. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    E_J, your replies are bit dificult to read. Put a space between your quotes and your answers, like the others do. That way, your answers will be easier to tell apart from the quotes.

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm using the normal. And man is that fun. I love running on the side of a building and jumping off into another street, swinging low and jumping at the end of the swing, doing a flip and catching another web at the top of the jump. Also visited the Statue of Liberty, that was fun...if a little hard to reach at first. The Helicopter to helicopter over the water jump was the hardest.

23. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Does the game follow the movie, or is it a new story?

24. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    It's both, actualoly. It follows the storyline of the movie, but blends in other stuff from the comics as well, as the first one did.

25. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    I'm at the part where you battle Doc Ock at his labratory. I too love it when you go on the Empire State Building and then you jump off. This game is awesome. I like chasing bad guys in their stolen cars. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.