main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2 Video Game (PS2)(X-Box)(G-Cube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTHWEASEL17, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I thought there was a manhole you could jump down between midnight and 3am or something, i'm working up to 50,000 to.

2. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    So how much of the game have you finished up to now? I've currently completed 81% of the game. Anyone found all the tokens yet? I still have a lot to find.

Haha. The other day I stopped this car-jacker, and the owner of the car showed up and yelled "what have you done to my car?!" Then Spider-Man goes "Hey, I got your back. Some people are so touchy about every little scratch..."

:p

3. Bite_me_doughboy

Bite_me_doughboy Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    the game rocks, i rented it, but couldnt get past the helicopter chase before i had to return it. the statue of liberty is cool too.

its fun to jump off the emp state building, and swing a web just before you hit the ground. if your moving alittle bit foreward, you swing is circles.

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    To anyone who has finished the game (X-BOX version), how do you enter the Fight Arena? In one of the Purchase Stores I bought the Fight Arena, and the instructions say when it's unlocked just go to Shocker's Warehouse.

I've completed the game, but I can't find Shocker's Warehouse, and I'm not sure how to unlock the Arena to fight in it. Anyone know?

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    It's marked on the map. It's by the shore. I think it's by the west shore.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It's marked on the map and it is on the lower west side shore. Just go inside and hit the token/icon to start the Arena matches.

7. geodizzle

geodizzle Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    i know u guys are talking about higher levels, but im having trouble with the second level (in the bank) ive beaten up all the thugs but i dont get how to get into that security room...the arrow points 2 it but he said i have 2 find another security gaurd that has the key wen i swear one just gave me one :s

anyone know how to pass this bit?

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I started playing this a few weeks ago, but I got bored with it quickly. Sure, web-swinging around the city is mighty cool and all, but it was pretty boring.

9. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Agreed. It has that "WOW" factor for a few days but then gets old real soon.

10. geodizzle

geodizzle Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    uh.....can i get sum help with my problem? i think the PC version is quite different

11. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    So is it good fo PS2? Good enough to buy at premium price? Or worthwhile picking up at the discount a year from now?

Soundtrack?

Playability and replayability?

12. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    geodizzle, you kinda sound like your describing the Spider-Man game that came out in 01, before the movie. It was on PC, PSX, N64 and Dreamcast. If you have the Spider-Man 2 PC game, I haven't played it, so I could be mistaken. :p

Hudnall, I'm not sure how well the controls work on a PS2, but I have the Xbox version and I love it. I've beat it twice now, and working on a third. IMO, being able to swing through New York is worth it all. :p

13. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Hudnall,

I purchased it but think it is only worth a rent. It is definately fun swinging through New York city but the story missions are mostly very easy and you can probably finish the game in a few solid hours of gaming. It needed to have at least twice the missions.

The hero missions are repetitive and you'll find yourself rescuing the same person over and over with the same animation introduction. After awhile, you realise that the game was only about 50% finished. It's like if the makers of Grand Theft Auto put all the effort to design the cities and only made 15 missions to complete. Sure, it would still be fun but not fun for long.

Don't buy!

14. JediStu2

JediStu2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Yeah the lack of variety in the missions is what really makes this game good instead of great. It's unfortunate that they couldn't put a bit more into the story of the game in terms of more missions.

15. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Thanks, Hawk - maybe I'll go for Ghost Recon 2 instead and pick this up at a later date at discount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.