main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2 Video Game (PS2)(X-Box)(G-Cube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTHWEASEL17, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrandon

DarthBrandon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2003
    i understand what your saying and thanks by the way will have to try it out when i get home....anyonje else got any tips about it?

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Also, hit the Spider reflex button if you have enough juice for it. There's a spinning blade protecting the "brain" that can knock you out of there at best, kill you at worst. The Spider reflex will at least give you the edge to avoid the blade on time while you go to town on the brain. You gotta take care of it quickly, if not the 8 force field orbs will regenerate and then you'll have to repeat the tedious process of bursting each of them BEFORE going after the brain. If there was one mission in the game I truly hated, it was this one.

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Actually, IIRC, there was this old Spidey graphic novel where it was said that MJ found out Peter's secret long before that. Back when they were neighbors in Queens, she caught Spidey sneaking out of Peter's room a few times and put two and two together. So it wasn't much of a revelation when Peter finally fessed up to her.

Peter never confessed in that issue. MJ told him that she knew. ;)

4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Hmm...ok. I can't say I followed the regular Spidey books, so I stand corrected. But yeah, I knew there wasn't much of a big revelation for MJ in the comics, so I guess the movie's made for a better moment.

5. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I BEAT THE DOC OCK!!!

Now, it's just level 16, Bonus level!!! :D

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    ugh i hate this last level. i only tried it once and i haven't been able to pick it up since, but it's so tedious.

anyway, it really annoys me how so many thugs can dodge your web, and they just block your punches, it makes you use your spider-sense way too much, i can't even disarm most of them because they dodge the web. i end up just doing the ball of web on most of the armed guys.

7. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I agree about thugs being too good. I don't care if the game isnt challenging, I want thugs to be cannon fodder compared to Spidey. They fight like Martial artists and have amazing reflexes

8. DarthBrandon

DarthBrandon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2003
    Has anyone found any cheats for the game yet? I know spiderman 1 had tons of them.

9. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Are there fun mini-games in this one too? Spidey 1 had a bunch of fun mini-games, or maybe they were practice levels. Either way, they were fun.

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah, I liked the obstacle course, and stuff like the "swing platforms" levels.

11. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Spider bowling on the first Spiderman game was stupid but fun...

12. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    This game kicks ass.

13. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I can't believe reading all these posts I've got the PC version and I'm getting sick of games that you can get for the PS2 or Xbox but you can't get for PC and games having better levels in them on consoles, the PC version is crap I finished it in 5 minutes and my nephew who's only 4 and a half could probably finish the game in 5 minutes as well this just SUCKS it completely SUCKS and it looks like the Episode III game will only be on the PS2 & Xbox that's the final straw I'm asking all of you which should I get a PS2 or Xbox please help.

14. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    DAMN LIE?

CONFIRM OR DENY...

Alternate Costumes?

Locate all Secret and Skycraper Tokens. Look for the Costumes store in the Garment District. This store is ONLY accessible between the game hours of 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. The game clock can be located near the FC area on a building that does NOT face the water. Alternate costumes include symbiote suit, Peter Parker, Wrestling suit, Alex Ross suit, Alternate prototype Spider-Man suit from 1st movie (Power Rangers), Ben Reilly, Scarlett Spider, Battle Ravaged Spider-Man, Unmasked Spider-Man.

And Fight Lizard

Beat Battle Arena (once you complete story mode). Look for the open manhole cover near the pizza parlor. This will be accessible only at night between the game hours of midnight and 3:00 AM.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    i have seen the costume shop, and when i walked up to the door it made a noise like a locked door, but i haven't found all the icons so i don't know.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow, the costume shop sounds kinda neat. However, I thought that collecting all of the skyscraper icons only unlocked the Level 2 wallsprint. I guess I gotta take a look at an official guide to see what's what. No idea about the Lizard thing, but many ads I've seen say that he's in the game. He IS, as Dr. Curt connors, but not a peep about his scaly self.

17. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Anyone know how to beat shocker?

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I thought that collecting all of the skyscraper icons only unlocked the Level 2 wallsprint.

i got the level 2 wallsprint, and i don't think it had anything to do with gettting the skyscraper icons.

19. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Does anyone know how to beat shocker?

20. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Go to the panel that Black Cat is across from and activate it. Do this a few times and his shield should go out, or something. Then beat the demons out of him.

21. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Though i do kick loads of ass, i kinda agree about the thugs. Thugs should not be able to block Spidey's moves. Thugs should be NOTHING to Spidey, but ya have to actually use a bit of skill to take them down. I hate how alot of them can actually dodge webbing. Thats not right at all.

I want to be able to fight literally dozens upon dozens of thugs at a time! It would be cooler if his moves were designed so you could fight about 20 in a huge group all at once. One of my favourite Spidey panels is in AMZ Spidey 500 when Spider-Man dives into a huge crowd of enemies and kicks their asses. Something like that just isn't possible in this game. I want to be able to beat thugs in two hits, and to beat up lots of them at a time. The difficulty shouldn't be in their fighting skill but in their numbers.

22. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    See what you mean. A combo system like that of Prince of Persia would be great for this.

23. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    What do I do after i beat Mysterio at the statue of liberty? I am stuck wandering around New York and no new chapter starts or anything.

-Mace-

24. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I rented this game last night (Xbox), and almost 12 hours later I'm fighting Doc Ock on the train.

I love this game. I wish they'd used the really nice looking sceens a little more, but oh well.

Anyway, I've got to buy this. :D

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Mace_Windo: Right after the Liberty Island mission and you're back on Manhattan, you'll probably see a blue marker that will lead you to Mysterio's "hidden fortress" *snicker*. There's no time limit to get there, but in you must go eventually. Go in, get out, then earn whatever hero points you need in order to finish the chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.