main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2 Video Game (PS2)(X-Box)(G-Cube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTHWEASEL17, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think the rumors about the Spidey store with different costumes and the manholes leading to the lizard are just that, rumors. I found all the Skyscraper and secret tokens and the only thing that was unlocked was the two awards and the level 2 wallsprint. All that effort without nothing truly cool to show for it. What a waste of time. :(

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Can I get some help? I'm on Level/Chapter 9 (I think). I'm at the part where you have to go to the conference meeting and you meet Mysterio and have to save reporters; I can save the reporters fine, but normally I get injured slightly in the process. Now, I keep going back to fight off those mechs, but I keep losing.

Any suggestions how to fight them off without losing serious health?

3. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    What I did was to save the two hanging reporters, then I killed the mechs, since there's no time limit. That means you've got all the time in the world to save the other reporters, without having to dodge shots from those damn droids. You can set up perfect jumps, swings etc.

4. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I saved the reporters, locked on to the Mechs with Camera Lock, and just kep swinging & kicking. :p

I bought the game tonight. I couldn't live with just one rental. :p

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    if you just attack the mechs in the air you can usually kill them in one jump(or pass in the air) or whatever. and they don't usually shoot at you while you're in the air.

6. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    This damn game has no replay value whatsoever. Once you finish the story mode the only thing left is to get hero points and collecting tokens, both of which the effort isn't worth it. What a waste. The movie theater was one of the most pathetic awards I've seen in a game; the only films you get to see is the credits (available at the beginning in the options menu in most games, and it's boring too) and the Activision and Treyarch logo animations! Who wants that? Who needs that?!

7. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    I have to agree. I beat Doc Ock, then got those 50,000 hero points and.... Just stopped really. Vice City is about the only freform game I've wanted to play even after finishing the storyline

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    Thanks for the help.

Now, is it wrong to think Black Cat is really hot? ;)

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
  10. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah the game doesn't have any replay. I also quit playing after getting the 50,000 hero points. And after hearing that getting all the tokens and crap doesn't do, well... crap, then there seems no reason to play.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I traded it in as well after spending a few days on chapter 17, collecting tokens to unlock...nothing really cool, really. I mean, hours and hours searching skyscraper roofs, sides, alleys, dead-ends, every-nook-and-cranny and-what-have-you just to unlock a text reward and some additional hero points. Teh suXX0r.

The skinny: A cool game that's too short and offers a dubious replay value that doesn't quite compare with the GTA games.

12. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I'd also like to jump on the 'no reply value' bandwagon. The main story part of the game is over way to quickly and there is no real incentive to carry on playing for the hero points. Same missions over and over, would it have been so hard to have a couple of random boss fights against guys like Rhyno, Scorpion, Vulture, etc once the story has ended, just to add a little variety and challenge every now and then.

13. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I beat the final level. :D

Shutting down Ock's shield is the tough part. Beating Octavious himself wasn't really hard.

14. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Now, is it wrong to think Black Cat is really hot?

It'd actaully be wrong to think that Black Cat isn't hot. ;)

15. superxero

superxero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    I really want this game. I'll wait until it's 19.99 though. This is probably #4 on my 'games i need to get when I buy a PS2" list. after ROTS, Batman Begins, and Grand Theft Auto SA

16. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I've got Swing Speed level... 7 I think. It's the next to last I think. I've got almost 40,000 of the 50,000 I need. :D

I also found out that the guy who does the vioce for Beck/Mysterio also did the voice for Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars cartoons. :)

Anyway, I love this game. I can't wait for Activision's upcoming Spidey games. :D

17. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    "This is probably #4 on my 'games i need to get when I buy a PS2" list. after ROTS, Batman Begins, and Grand Theft Auto SA"

Their making a Batman Begins game ?[face_plain] Hmmm, I never heard of that.This game looks awesome.I am a HUGE comic book/Spider-Man geek so I think I would really like this game but im just not ready to shell out $50 bucks just yet ;)

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    darthspino: Rent it, don't buy it. If you're determined you can easily finish the game's story missions in one weekend. The extras aren't really worth the trouble (or money) of buying the game.

19. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    how do you get out to the Statue of Liberty?

20. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Go on top of one of the buildings near Ground Zero and wait for a helicopter to hitch a ride with. Halfway over the water you have to switch helicopters to get to Ellis Island. From Ellis Island you have to grab yet another helicopter to take you across to Liberty Island.

21. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    That isn't the only way to get there. You can swing your way to the Statue of Liberty using those floating platforms that go across the water to Ellis Island. It's difficult to get the hang of swinging between those platforms at first, but once you do it's pretty fun.

BTW, I have to agree with what most other people have said in regards to the game about replay value. I finished the game about a week or two ago, and since then I haven't had any urge to play any part of it anymore. I collected about 12000 of those hero points, but stopped after that because it was essentially doing the same missions over and over and over and over again and again and again. It got really boring after a while.

I think it was a fun game, but the aftermath of it is pretty underwhelming.

22. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    well i rented it and beat it yesterday but I'm still going, i think its pretty fun to just swing around.

And those floating platorms are gone. they disappeard after I changed the statue back to normal

23. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    I must of remembered it wrong then. I guess you can swing there but you can't swing back :p

24. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Man, that's funny. I was just about to say that I reached the final level TOO FAST! At first I thought they were really extending the longevity of the game with Mysterio and Shocker etc. I expected to face at least another three or four of those storylines but then, all of a sudden, the final level!

I think they did such a great job that it is a real shame the makers didn't go that extra mile and fine tune it.

Another gripe: The hero missions are all the same! Even that guy who is constantly hanging on that ledge of the building is the SAME character over and over. They could have at least changed the animation to a woman or a businessman or something. How many times are those armoured trucks going to be held up too? It becomes absurd and tedious after a while.

25. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    Yeah I guess the developers were wrong about playing this game forever. The random crime missions do get boring and you get no rewards for beating the game. Good thing activision is going to make a spider man classics video game. Its going to be based off of the comics this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.