main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2 Video Game (PS2)(X-Box)(G-Cube)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTHWEASEL17, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Whenever I get sick of rescuing people I start doing other more fun things like beating up muggers, getting balloons, doing pizza or Bugle missions, or go to Mary Jane's apartment. The challenge markers are fun too.

2. DUBIZ

DUBIZ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2004
    THE COSTUME STORE NEVER OPENS ON XBOX. I GUESS THAT MEANS THERE ARE NO ALTERNATE COSTUMES AND I COLLECTED ALL THOSE TOKENS 4 A CHEESY WALLSPRINT UPGRADE. THAT SUX PURE ASS.

3. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    It's funny listening to Alfred Molina trying to speak farsi in Not Without my Daughter. He messes up the position of the verbs and stuff. It reminds me of those Zero Wing catchphrases.

4. Nic-Kan2344

Nic-Kan2344 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2003
    Hey guys I bought the game a few days ago cause I heard good things about it. I'm stuck on the part where you have to save the reporters from the one dude that hates spidey. Can anyone help me on how to get passed it?

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Rescue the two hanging from the balcony before attempting to rescue the others. Don't bother the robots. They rarely hit you. You do know that you pick up people by using the web-button, right? In order to get back to the exit as fast as possible, don't jump forward; jump straight up before shoting your web and you should be able to get back with only one swing.

Once you have saved those two on the balconies, you can concentrate on killing the robots, cause there is no time limit for rescuing the remaining reporters.

6. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I think one of the best things about the game is the music. The music that plays during the Mysterio sequences and the Black Cat sequences are really catchy. After playing those parts for the first time I had those themes stuck in my head all day :D

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well,the Mysterio music is a bad homage to bad 50's sci-fi flicks. I hardly think of it as memorable. The Black Cat chase music is catchy though.

But seriously though, would it have been too much to ask for pieces of Danny Elfman's score to be attached to the game? I thought the "score" was one of the weakest parts of the game.

8. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    It wouldn't fit in IMO. The game never gets as tense or "serious" as the movie score. I've never felt that way when playing the game. But for the cutscenes it would be good, I think.

9. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    The final battle with ock is pretty tough. Any tips for beating him?

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Use Spider reflexes frequently. When you're out of juice, swing around and try hitting him with the cannonball kick. That will load up your juice and hurt him at the same time. Whaddya know!! Repeat this over and over again and you will surely beat him.

No? It didn't work? Well, try again then!

11. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    This game is ace, I wish that there were much more tasks tho.

The new Mysterio look is horrid, he looked ace in thecartoons, in this, he looks like he has a pumpkin on his head.

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Well,the Mysterio music is a bad homage to bad 50's sci-fi flicks.

That's why I love it. It's so cheesy it's good :D

13. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    This game is pissin me off so much, it actually brought an angry tear to my eye watchin Doc Ock kill me instantly for the 1,00th time.
    Why did they have to make so tough???

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    If you can turn of Spidey Refelexes, and manage to mash the doge button and web button at the same time, you should eventually tie up his tentacles, which will give you a change to get in some good hits before they free up.

I beat him all three times without a problem that way.

15. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Thanks, I tried your Tactic, I still can't beat him, biut I'm getting closer every time. What happens after you have defeated him, you just go back to swinging around helping people, is it true that thugs now get in helicopters and you have to chase them?

16. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    No, I don't think that's true.

17. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Uh, it is true. Thugs do get in helicopters and you do chase them.

18. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Oh..
    Well in that case I have something really good to look forward to. :D

19. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    yeah, but chasing them is either really easy or really frustrating

20. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    is it true that thugs now get in helicopters and you have to chase them?

Yes, that has happened to me a couple times. The first time was before I had finished the game.

You have to chase them almost all over the city before they finally land on the tallest building they can find. It's easy to just throw them off, then. :p

21. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Has anyone found out if you can fight The Lizard?

22. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Just beat Doc Ock, i found the best method is to swing around and use connon-ball kick on him, so far I have not seen any thugs in helicopters.

23. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah, that's what I did too.

24. Carl_Jones

Carl_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2004
    Noep, you cant fight the lizard. i remember reading somewhere you could, but after beating Ock and after getting 50,000 points, you just do whatever and can never fight a big boss again. :_|

it's all bull crap!

besides, in general, the fighting in my opinion was ridiculous (i mean street thugs beating your ass? c'mon!) and just too exgerrated. but other than that fluke, the game was pretty damn good :D

[]=====#[]<---------------- C_J! ----------------  

25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I wish this game has some codes. Unlimited Hero Meter would be sweet. Play the wole game in Spidey Refelex mode. :D [face_drool]

In one of the hint markers, Bruce says the lizard isn't in the game.

"For the last time, the Lizard isn't in this game. Never was. Beisdes, everybody knows Lizards live in sewers."

Or something like that.

Has anyone gotten the final Swing Speed? I'm working up the 50,000 points for it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.