main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    new casting

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=3793

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Cool. I don't see her having a huge, huge role though.

3. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Considering Mary Jane left her wedding for Peter and shows up at the end "Isn't it time someone saved you" I'd think it was too cruel a twist to have her die in the third movie. :(
    Sony would never allow it. :D

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i think they will [face_skull]

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    So, It's official:

Bryce Dallas Howard is Gwen Stacy
    Topher Grace is Venom
    Theresa Russell is Mrs. Marko
    Thomas Haden Church is Flint Marko/Sandman

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i can't wait to see what topher grace's look for spiderman 3 will be

7. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Where is Topher Grace palying Venom official?? Link?

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    the only source we have on Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock/Venom is what Kirsten Dunst said in some interviews. although i think we'll know for sure by the start of summer. since filming started last week it will be well underway by then.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm thinking we'll know almost every villain for sure by august. because if i remember correctly we found out about doc ock in august of 03.

10. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    There's also documents (no link... :( ) that had a company trying to do CGI work on Venom but it failed. Lo and behold, not more than a week or two later I read a news post about Raimi switching CGI companies...

I mean, there's not a whole lot of evidence. I've seen Raimi not say no to Venom, I've seen Dunst plane old blurt it out. There's not a whole lot of hard evidence, but there is common sense.

11. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    It's possible, however unlikley, that Dunst was saying that to throw a curve ball to the public. Wasn't Eddie Brock a jock? Peter's arch-enemy from High School? Isn't Topher Grace a bit of a scrawny guy? I just don't see it as very likely. I also recall hearing that the director really didn't like the idea of Venom. I remember hearing this prior to Spider-Man 2. It was said that the director didn't like the backstory on the villain, and he wouldn't use him unless a new backstory came to mind. Maybe this is what happend.

Also, the thought of only three movies is...disappointing. While I beleive the first was the best, I think the franchise has much potential. We keep seeing Doc Connors in the films, but we aren't going to get a Lizard? We see the possibility for a Green Goblin return (possibly HobGoblin). Now we see Sandman, and rumors of Elektro and Venom. We could, conceivably, have six movies.

~Vassago

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    eddie brock is another photographer w/ the Daily Bugle. also just because Topher Grace is scrawny doesn't mean he can't work out which he has been doing to buff up for the film. they can go w/ the ulimate spiderman version of venom where eddie brock is still physically built but not to the extreme like lets say Arnold Schwarzenegger. there are several ways they could do a backstory to the symbiote that's realistic. in regards to the number of movies there'll be Sony has the rights to 6 movies

13. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    If Topher Grace is indeed Eddie brock they can play Venom as a mpre intelligent, quiet type of evil character. Like here's this guy that doesn't look very big, very strong, very menacing but you know that he can litterally rip your guts out. That to me would have a much bigger effect then if he was built like a wrestler.
    Kinda like a combo between John Doe fro Se7en and Venom. :)

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005

that's what i was thinking as well. although topher grace has been working out a lot since he knew he was going to be in the movie so he is going to be physically built and fit in the movie. just not as ripped as someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Theresa Russell is Mrs. Marko <<

Who is Mrs Marko? I haven't heard of that character nefore.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Flint Marko(a.k.a Sandman)'s wife

17. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I think the best idea would be for them to use the Ultimate Spider-man version of Eddie in the movie. This where Peter and Eddie (Both normal sized people) find out their fathers had been working on a cure for cancer. The cure was a small glob of goop that people would were as a suit of sorts, and it would slowly eat away the cancer. Problem is the suit had a mind of its own. Enter Venom.

But it'll never happen.

My reason for this is that everything we've seen in Spidey 1 & 2 has been ripped straight out of (and changed, a little) from the events in Amazing Spider-man. Now I don't expect them to do the Secret Wars or any of that nonsense, but I really can't see anyone being too familiar with the Ultimate version either. Most rumors I hear are that it was on JJs sons ship when he came back from space in Spidey 2.

Personally, I believe there should be four. Toss in the biggest baddest baddy you can find (Venom) in 3, and then throw in the final emotional full circle showdown in 4 (Green Goblin 2).

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i don't think they'll do the ultimate origin because it would involve to much backstory. they should go w/ the origin in the cartoon that aired in the mid 90's. where jameson's son john is piloting the shuttle from a mission but ends up crashing it bc of the symbiote. that seems plausible bc we've seen john in spiderman 2. another way to go is that a rumored part of the story is that sandman goes to a lab to try and get himself cured. the symbiote could be at this lab and somehow peter gets it attached to him. he uses it for part of the movie but then realizes that it is bad. so he gets rid of it w/ whatever way and then somehow eddie brock stumbles across it towards the end and ends up killing MJ therefore enraging peter and setting up for spiderman 4

19. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Also, I've seen this whole Venom idea being used as a clever stunt to shy us away from the idea that Topher may actually be playing Hobgoblin. The only real evidence is hardly evidence at all but:

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/lawyerlee2/TopherGrace.jpg]
    This is a recent image of Topher since he started work on Spider-man.

[image=http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/file_photo/ned_leeds.jpg]
    This is picture of Ned Leeds, aka the Hobgoblin.

It's all very confusing. I'm looking through the old comics right now. Sandman, Venom, and Hobgoblin are all attacking Spider-man around the same time. So here's my theory:

Sandman will be there to keep Spider-man busy, while Venom (Still Topher, IMO) will be doing his thing and getting ready to fight him in the climax. Meanwhile Franco will be doing his crazy thing, and instead of being Green Goblin again, they have him as Hobgoblin as not to make the non-comic reading viewers think "Oh, we've seen this". All this is divided between 3 and 4.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    first pictures from the set of Spiderman 3 of Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson.

http://justjared.blogspot.com/2006/01/spider-man-3-pictures.html

21. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    That's a weird first patch of pictures. What on Earth is going on in them?

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i think that it might be mary jane getting to her career of acting. it could be a scene in the movie where she's in a play or movie

23. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    That sure sounds like the only logical explanation.

Can't wait to start seeing some more action shots. I wonder if Venom will be completely digital?

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i doubt it. i think more than likely they'll have a suit for venom like spiderman's and then just to the digital stuff for everything else.

25. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I would like the movie to kick off with Spider-Man fighting a cameo villain, Preferably Vulture or Scorpion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.