main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Spider-Man 3: The Official SFFF Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    My bug job is having a gathering at Jillians that night so maybe I can crash this spiderman 3 release party. Or at least spy on them.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I guess I'll meet you guys on Friday night - I got a ticket for the IMAX showing.

3. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just had to post this...Erick are you reading this? [face_mischief]

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tfr/315005865.html

"SPIDER-MAN ACTORS NEEDED!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: general@marvelappearance.com
    Date: 2007-04-19, 2:02PM PDT

Are you interested in becoming a Marvel Super Hero? We are looking for talent to portray Spider-Man for upcoming live appearances which include store openings, in store promotions, mini shows, trade shows, , etc. You must be at least 5'10" to 6'2" tall, be physically fit and in shape to wear the spandex costume (spandex is not forgiving). You also must possess a thorough knowledge of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (Spider-Man is a speaking character). We are looking for responsible, creative, funny and smart individuals to portray our characters.. If you are interested, please email your interest along with all of your contact information/body dimensions/photos including full body shots to general@marvelappearance.com. If you would like to learn more about us, please check us out at www.marvelappearance.com

Compensation: $200.00 FLAT RATE FOR SIX HOUR EVENT
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 315005865 "

4. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Uuuugghhh! I tried to buy tix at the Metreon yesterday during lunch time and it's SOLD OUT! I'm soooo P.O'd right now :mad:

5. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I could not make it to this anyhow. I have a date Friday night. But we are goint to see Spider Man the next day...after breakfast...[face_shhh]

6. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    You naughty boy! :D

7. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Anne, Robert and I are going tues night at 7:50pm. Don't know if there are any tickets left.

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Unfortunately, bad things happen to those who wait. :(

9. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Bummer! That's why I just used Fandango right away, I can't get into SF that easily. We'll miss you :(

So, can I meet up with you guys at the theater some time for the Friday 10:20 showing? Did we want to try to get dinner in the city first? Maybe Gale can meet us for that?

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Scary enough that I am thinking of driving to this with Cara. However I HATE driving downtown. Maybe I'll take the bus. lol

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll probably get to the City at 5 pm to get street parking. Dale gets off work at 5:45. The show before starts at 7:20, I think, so they would let people in about 30 minutes prior. We could either eat across the street at Mel's or Denny's, Westfield's food emporium, or just at Metreon. Any suggestions?

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm fine with anything. I just needed to know if I should eat dinner at home or meet up with you guys in the city. Let me know what time and place you'd all like to meet for dinner.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    For those interested, the play that Mary Jane was in in Spider-Man 2, "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde is playing at my church for FREE!

Where:

Church of The Highlands
    1900 Monterey Drive
    San Bruno

When:

May 18th, 7 pm
    May 19th, 11 am

Doors open 30 min. before start time

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

And you better be on time! Otherwise you may not be allowed in by an usher that mysteriously looks like Bruce Campbell.

15. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Ahhhhhh I watched Spider-man today at noon. It was good but to be honest
    I was expecting something else. I don't know. I got a strange feeling after watching it.
    So what you guys think?

P.S. I miss you guys so much at the premier. I was thinking what are my friends going to do tonight.
    Did you guys dress up or did something fun. Let me know :)

16. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Strangely enough they are premiering this movie in other countries before the US. Schmucks! Glad you got to see it early tho, Arashi. The Americans were ditched this time. I see this happening in the future more often. Studio sellouts.

17. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Metreon has posted that they are going to be playing Spiderman 3 around the clock. SO if you get desperate enough, you could go at 3am.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Aw, well we miss you to Mirtha and we'll let you know after watching Spiderman 3 tomorrow what we think. I'm gonna go watch the 1st Spiderman and maybe even the second one if I have the time. Had to watch Smallville first though. Don't worry though You're not missing anything really good, it was kind of a strange episode anyway!

VENOM RULES!

19. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    For dinner, we could easily just do Burger King on Powell St. - the Fast Food chain of choice for all things Spidey! [face_batting]

20. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I think one of the reasons for it opening in Asia first because the company bankrolling it is Sony/Columbia.

They know the huge market outside the US and evenhad the premier in Tokyo. I'm hoping more of that happens.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Yes, so the piracy can be even quicker... I see how your mind works... As Mr. Burns would say, "Excellent"

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    well.........

a bad looking cam version did indeed pop up on the Internet already.[face_whistling] But you know me, only quality boots.

23. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    wooow! I didn't know about that. So now foreign countries are watching the movies before America that's strange
    but probably like you said they are trying to avoid the piracy because here it has such a big market piracy you can buy
    movies before their premier for one dollar and the quality is not bad at all. Sad but true :(

Hey Ming so how is Smallville going on? here the last episode I watched was the wedding but now while I'm waiting for new episodes I start watching Heroes, it's such a great show.

Well my friends have so much fun tonight at the movies.

Miss yah!

24. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    If a world audience is catered to it will mean a watering down even more of cultural stuff and w/more generalized movies people will relate less to the characters. Not as personal. Yeah, lets bring that on. People already watch foreign movies anyway.

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So only American movies made for Americans are any good?:confused: And American movies have lacked character for the most part for years. People don't generally watch foreign movies because they are too lazy about reading subtitles and can't or won't try to relate to another country's cultures or sensibilities. Mediocre films like American films like "The Departed" win best picture because of obvious mugging and posturing, whereas the better(far better) film that it was remade from, "Infernal Affairs," is considered a cult rental. It is the American film that is cold an impersonal today, especially in the action genre, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.