main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I would prefer they shoot them separate but still contain the same story arc.

3. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I prefer they shoot them in front of a firing squad.

4. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    They're still making these awful movies?

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Let's hope Marvel Studios takes over and makes these films good like Iron Man was and hopefully The Incredible Hulk will be.

6. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    It doesn't look like the rights will be reverting beck to Marvel any time soon as Sony is still looking to milk the property. Thankfully the crew is being given some hiatus time to do other things and relax, so I am hopeful that results of further films will be an improvement over the last.

7. Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2006
    If they stop trying to introduce 3 villains per film, it should. :)

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Wiki reports they want to limit it to two villains...but thats wiki so who knows how accurate that is. Honestly I don't see the need for more than one villain.

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Villain wishlist in order of preference:
    1. Lizard
    2. Chameleon
    3. Scorpion
    4. Carnage
    5. Mysterio
    6. Electro

I also wouldn't mind them trying to create a brand new villain for the film. As long as it's not too "real." I don't mind if it's a bit goofy or cartoony.

10. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    My choices would be for Lizard and Kraven.

Lizard gives Spidey that challenge of fighting a villain who also happens to be someone he knows - that makes the conflict interesting.

Kraven - I just like the idea of a non-super-powered villain trying to hunt Spidey down. Done right that could work well I think.

11. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Carnage and Lizard are the two names I hear most often but thats entirely speculative given whats come before in the movies. Frankly I am having difficulty thinking of a character in the most common list of Spidey's rogues gallery that could carry a movie by themselves, but then again I never imagine that they could make Sandman a sympathetic character so I am remaining optimistic.

However, I recall a breif convo with Juli some time ago about the possible introduction of the Black Cat and after mulling it over in my head have decided that her idea with some tweaking here and there could be utterly brilliant!

Kraven also became one of the closest (until Morlun that is) to actually Killing spidey and has a strangely unique story not of revenge or malice but simply seeking the thrill/challenge of the hunt.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Because that never happened in the movies so far. :p

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I want the Lizard annnnnd... The Enforcers!

14. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Good point. :p What was I thinking? [face_laugh]

15. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    To be fair in the comics Conners was someone that Peter was friendly with, where as Ock, Venom and Goblin started simply as villains, and any personal connection was secondary and almost always adversarial. Conners was someone Parker would come to care about but had become a victim of his own Jekyll/Hyde type demons, so there is a far more tragic/personal element to draw upon...sadly they used that idea for Ock

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Venom had the potential to be a good villian instead of a 3rd act joke like he was in spidey 3.

17. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Clearly they didn't know how to handle the material and do justice to the character. It still to this day feels forced.

18. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    After being subjected to the third film, yes, this.

19. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I would like to see Carnage and Lizard and I really, really want to see Black Cat. :p She was my favorite.

I've liked all the Spider-man films, but I guess I'm in the minority. :p

20. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    if they want kraven, they better cast him right. oded fehr.
    [image=http://www.starland.com/sf-sc/sf07/images/Fehr_Oded_MummyWBird.jpg]

though i could possibly accept gerard butler.
    this. is. spidermaaaaan. *kick*

21. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I doubt these films will work. I can not think of a single instance in which one sequel has been terrible and it was followed up by a good film. Unless they reboot the entire series like they did with Batman in which case it doesn't count as a sequel. Spiderman 3 was one of the most disappointing films I've ever seen. This franchise is done, in my opinion.

22. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    I would throw Indy into that category. Temple of Doom was mediocre at best with a few great sequences, but Last Crusade is one of my all time favorite movies. So its not impossible.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I hope the main villian isn't going to be the Vulture. [face_worried]

24. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Neither 1 or 2 were that great, IMO, and I've no desire to see 3, so my care factor = 0.

25. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I don't see the villain being Carnage. I think it will be Lizard. And Spider-Man 3 wasn't that bad. There are a lot worse super hero movies that have been made. Also, the first two were better than Batman Begins. So just because the third wasn't the greatest, doesn't mean that the fourth can't be great.