main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is probably the most Venom-y bit in all of Spider-Man 3 and I still think it's kind of awesome even in a gif. In fact, I love the moment when Eddie starts dry heaving, that is some seriously freaky stuff.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I did not say that he would not be the protagonist, just that he was a villain

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yep, villains aren't always the antagonists. Take Darth Bane for example: he's a villain, but he was the protagonist of his trilogy.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Again, not always. He has been the hero.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Okay, I'm going to have to go full on comic book nerd here.

I remember reading the early Todd MacFarlane and Eric Larson Venom iterations and I don't recall him being an evil villain, per se. And what I mean by that, is Venom was solely focus on making Peter Parker's life hell. He wasn't a bank robber, bent on world domination or even a psychotic killer. Dude just hated Spider-Man/Peter Parker. He threaten Peter by showing up at Aunt May's doorstep, but didn't touch her IIRC.

Even during his fights with Spider-Man, Venom stopped to save a woman and a baby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never really saw Venom as a villain, but rather a tormentor.

BigAl6ft6 and Ghost like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Venom has gone through a lot of changes but his earliest incarnation is Spider-Man tormentor who does save innocents. But there's also Venom going crazy, Venom with other hosts, Venom straight up eating people. Like when Venom was on the Thunderbolts it wasn't Eddie Brock but Mac Gargan (Scorpion) and he would frequently freak out and straight up eat people cuz he couldn't control it. And then there's Flash Thompson Agent Venom superhero. So there's a whole lot of ways to do it.

Actually an interesting example is the tendrils that sometimes snake out from Venom's costume, sort of inspired by Carnage, but it's a cool look that the symbiote is unstable / always moving. that look comes and goes with Venom but personally I kinda dig it, gives it a sense of unease.

Carnage is a good example of someone who does control their symbiote but they're just crazy.

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd rather have an Agent Venom movie than an Eddie one. Blandest of the bland, I don't really have any hope for this movie.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    As I recall, there was discussion that Life was a secret prequel to Venom.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, FFS... apparently Carnage will be a post-credits teaser in Venom...

That's the only way that movie even remotely works...

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It wouldn't surprise me that Carnage would be a post credit teaser, but that would mean that Carnage is not the villain in Venom, but I suppose Cletus Kasady could make an appearance in the film, like Mac Gargan (aka Scorpion) did in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

If Venom were in the current MCU with high school Peter/Spidey, I imagine the tormenting would go something like this...

[​IMG]

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Master_Lok, PCCViking and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Dahh, I want the live action Spider-Verse with Holland, McGuire and Garfield to be a thing so bad. And we can get Emma Stone Spider-Gwen!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, this is interesting, Spike Lee(!) is being looked at at a Spidey spin off, Nightwatch! Wait, what? Spike Lee? Nightwatch?

https://www.thewrap.com/spike-lee-superhero-movie-nightwatch/

Yah, this is a pretty deep, random cut that even with my depth of Spidey-knowledge I have no clue of.

[​IMG]

Dude looks like a Spawn beta version, hold on, lemmie check...

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kevin_Trench_(Earth-616)

Huh, looks like the character was created after Spawn (and Spawn was created by Todd McFarlane after he left Spidey to found Image/create Spawn). Someone at the Spidey offices just ripping off Spawn just cuz Spawn sold a lot?

Eh, whatever. More Spidey stuff, with Spike Lee!

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    The new Venom trailer shown at CinemaCon has leaked and is out there for the digging if you can't wait until they release it officially (probably this week sometime). Definite improvement over the first one and not just because yes, they show the "costume". Much creepier vibe from this one.

edit: Well that was quick

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Ghost likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Never knew about Nightwatch...looks interesting. Glad to see Spike experimenting with more genres lately.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That... looks really good. I love the voice, the look... just not how they pronounce "Symbiote". ;)

Due to the comic it's taking inspiration from, there was talk of this story being a post-bonding/left-for-a-different-city type scenario, but this is clearly an origin story, unless it's told in flashback or they're holding back a lot of the story.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Ghost likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That trailer looks fantastic! Way better than the first one. This role is perfect for Tom Hardy.

Ghost likes this.
  19. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    It's funny that Tom Hardy is playing Venom. As everyone knows, he played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. While that Bane's strength's origin is different from the comics, in the comics (and Batman & Robin), Bane's strength is due to...venom.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, that looks great. Far beyond expectations.

Ghost likes this.
  21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Huh....that kind of looks terrible to me, though I appreciate that Venom looks like Venom. Hope I'm wrong about it, it has lots of people I like in it and I really want to see a good Venom movie but nothing about it so far has me excited.

Diggy likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, it’s not doing it for me.

And I find Hardy’s voice weally distwacting in this.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Worse than his Bane voice? (haven't seen the new Venom trailer yet)

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That... still does not look that great.

25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    It feels very 90's. And not in a good way.