main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Part of the reason Spiderman 3 is so awful is that it COULD have been good. The first two were great and you have the third film with Venom of all people, which should have been amazing, but it was terrible. So in addition to it being terrible there is the huge disappointment of what it could have been. Yeah there are worse superhero films, but who honestly ever thought Fantastic Four or Daredevil would be good in the first place?

Iron Man is now the best Marvel superhero film in my opinion. That film was a blast. I'm looking forward to that sequel.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    The third one suffered for a number of reasons. As you state primarily because it had incredible potential. But it was a victim of its own success and tried to cram in way to much without developing enough. Not to mention you really began to be aware of problems that were there from the beginning but were able to overlook previously (Spidey's lack of wit, the dull chemistry of the leads etc).

Not to mention the third one suffered from too many people with their hands in the pot and Raimi was really just burned out at this point having done nothing but work on Spider-Man for many, many years.

Anyone who was familiar with the characters and knew of their potential?? These to me were the same as Spidey three where they were disappointing because they could have been awesome and missed the mark, not simply because they were bad.

I get the feeling that people are still reeling from this one and over time it will lose its luster for a lot of people. Sincerely, it still doesn't match X2 and Spider-Man 2 IMO.

3. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I agree that the first two movies are great and my favorite song was "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" from the second movie which was also in the film of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" too. :-B

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iPZNCNRC3OU

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Thank you! Someone with perspective, when I thought I was going insane. This is why I like you, Spiderfan. You always keep both feet on the ground.

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Yeah also they could work together perfectly. The story "Kravens Last Hunt" takes place shortly after MJ and Peter get married... It contains a beast (who can be the lizard) and Pete being hunted by Kraven. Also the whole theme of it, Peter afraid of dying, would be perfect for the next movie...

7. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Kraven is more suited for a Batman movie.

8. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Well for the record I enjoyed it. But I find when people get this enthusiastic and state it to be the best thing ever, their opinion changes over time because they are still overwhelmed with the excitement of the experience. I know I am guilty of that. I get the feeling Iron Man won't hold up the way people expect it to.

9. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    So it looks like we might have a release date and possibilities for people to replace Maguire. All I can say is that they better have a sense of comedic timing because thats something that has been sorely lacking from the movies thus far.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Shooting two film at the same time is usually a bad idea. I think that the Matrix series suffered because they shot 2&3 at the same time.

11. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Lord of the Rings seemed to do alright.

12. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    honestly, these films are just going to get worse and worse.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No more Spiderman movies plz.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I consider LOTR as one film that was broken into three parts. It works well for some films, but in the case of the Matrix series, not so much, in my opinion.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Spider-Man 3 doesn't exist, so what you're really saying is that they'll be shooting Spider-Man 3&4 back to back.

16. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Indeed but to me the thing that would hinder the quality of the film was if the task of taking on two films at once became too much and ran away with itself. The Epic Scale of LOTR in its filmic creation was unprecedented and they managed to produce a memorable series that is arguably among the best films of the last decade. So its not impossible to take on a production of that size and make it work. I have other examples in mind but the success of each example is the subject of very divided opinion.

17. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  18. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006

19. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    As usual, I couldn't disagree more. No other superhero film, not even Spider-Man 2, has focused more solely on character than Iron Man. Spidey 2: I've go tproblems, wha wha wha." Iron Man: "Yea, I got problems up the whazoo. But in the meantime, let me show you what kind of guy really I am."
    The fact that Iron Man doesn't even show up in full gear until almost the final thirty minutes is, to me, one of the boldest moves I've ever seen in a major hollywood film.

Slimy!

20. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Cept they did that already with Hulk. ;)

And I would point out that Batman Begins is a much deeper character exploration than Iron Man.

But its all opinion and clearly you and I will never agree. :p

21. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm apparently the only person on Earth who thinks that the first two Spiderman films were extremely overrated.

22. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    On ANYTHING. But WTH, Hulk shows up way before the last thirty minutes in that movie!

Then again, that movie sucked. [face_talk_hand]

Slimy!

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I just wanted to say, the Matrix sequels suffered because they were an awful, half-baked idea by pretty much talentless hacks.

24. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I think you've confused the Matrix sequels with the Scrolls of Neo-Pilgrimism.

Oh BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Nice to see someone else who thinks like me. :D I like all three of them, and thought that Spidey 3 was a blast*.

*Granted, I do concede the point that Venom was a bit rushed at the end, and they probably should have just stuck with Sandman and Harry/Goblin as Villains. But still...I personally think the movie was awesome, and isn't bad like everyone makes it out to be. :)