main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ^I don't think that's canon!:mad:

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I would prefer the Avengers feature.

Partly because it would be awesome if Stark gave Parker the Iron Spider Armour

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That actually raises an interesting question- Avengers: The Initiative repurposes the Iron Spider costume of Spidey's for the Scarlett Spiders. I wonder if Marvel is clear to use them irregardless of Spidey's involvment in the film?

5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I got this for Christmas but never actually watched it. I will soon.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, they used Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3, but it's not the same thing, right? I suspect it's similar to the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch case, that's, both companies can use them.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It could go either way- it's the exact opposite of Iron patriot (IP= Iron Man exterior, Spider-Man interior; SS= Spider-Man exterior, Avengers interior).

Then again, the Iron Spider costume wasn't created until, what? 2005? 2006? That's waaay after Sony would have bought the rights to specific characters from the Spideyverse from Marvel, so it quite possibly isn't included retroactively.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's a good point but, wouldn't the contract include some kind of provision on new characters?

I want a movie version of Mr. Negative. :(

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can't imagine Marvel would leave an open clause to just give away new characters, with perhaps exception to some specific conditions (ie: if a new son of Osbourne emerged in the comics, Sony probably has a lock on any Osbournes. Mr Negative, however, probably not).

10. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    [​IMG]

We've seen the publicity shot, but it's nice to see that even in the unstaged pics the costume looks right. More here.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm not sure if this was speculation or on-set dialogue turned into specific ideas about what's going on but regardless, I'll put it in spoilers.

The ideas I saw was that Spidey tells Dillon something like 'You know you're my inside man in Oscorp!' offhandedly or something and Dillon really makes a big deal out of that and starts messing with stuff/investigating and that's how he gets his powers and takes it out on Spidey supposedly

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    BUT THEY'RE BEST FRIENDS :(

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

I hope they CGI the eye holes, they shouldn't be see through. But otherwise, that right there is a winning costume.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You know, it's funny, I had finally gotten used to the ASM costume even though I preferred the Tobey suit look by a good margin. Yet, I'm not too thrilled with the ASM2 costume. It almost seems too plain by comparison, but I'm betting it's just the colors- the ASM costume looked very bright in on-set photos because they're anticipating the loss of brightness from 3D, so that's probably the case here...

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He just looks like you expect Spider-Man to look.

I wasn't that bothered by the other costume, you could tell it was still Spidey and it had the same colour scheme. I barely noticed the differences except in the arms and the feet, I have a poster for ASM with just the head and chest so he still looks exactly like Spider-Man.

16. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, I think they knew the changes that they made to the costume design weren't going to be accepted happily, and therefore were careful not to showcase them. I hardly noticed the costume differences in the film despite them being glaringly obvious in the on-set photos.

edit: Talking about ASM, not ASM 2, obviously.

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I've never understood the complaints about the live action Spider-Man being in the Spider-Man costume. It was the same with the Ramie films. It's like wanting chocolate Ice cream and then being pissed because it's chocolate.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually happy that Spider-Man is wearing the.................wait for it..........................................................................little more..........................SPIDER-MAN COSTUME.

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I loved the Raimi costume. And I actually liked the ASM (though some facets took some getting used to)- particularly the slightly creepier/slender form. This new one just doesn't strike me like either of them despite the similarities.

Don't get me wrong- I'm happy it looks like the standard Spider-Man costume and isn't some total reinvention or Bayformer-like imposter.

19. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    MUCH better than the lame TASM costume.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I really like the new costume, and they'll definitely CG the eyeholes, that's just a practical consideration so he can, y'know, see. :p

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  21. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Though I'm not sure why they just didn't get him to wear a full black mask under it....
    [​IMG]

Would have been a lot cheaper and easier than CGI'ing the eyes in post...

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, sure it'd be easier, just make sure the studio tells the insurance company ahead of time and have medics on hand for if and when the actor passes out in the middle of an intense scene from suffocation from wearing that type of suit.

23. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    1. Human beings don't breathe through our eyes.

2. Those blackout body suits are made of Lycra. Lycra is breathable, hence it's used for sportswear. Keeps the athlete cool while at the same time pulling sweat away from the body to let it evaporate.

3. You can pick up one of those body suits in a party store for about $60-70. Just the mask alone would go for about $15. Much cheaper than having to digitally black out the actors eyes.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More likely it isn't a "hero" suit but rather a stunt suit not meant for close-ups.

Or they're going to add reflective lens in later so as to not reflect on-set equipment.

25. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    I don't know....that's some pretty good detail for a stunt suit.