main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Oh. Uh, no, it wouldn't be at all. I can't stand the Iron Man films for pretty much the same reason. I would probably rip the book apart if I had it.

I thought you meant that there was a Spiderman that showed what he was really like. An aspirational, good, character, like Tobey Maguire was. Is there one like that?

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well, I'd just point to the comics, myself, he's plenty heroic when the writers don't focus on the taunting. I realized what I said could have been read two ways a bit too late, there, so my bad.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    But, generally speaking, Spiderman does not have Assburger's Syndrome so you will not find a Tobey Maguire portrayal in comics.

soitscometothis likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Another trailer/preview "Rise of Electro".

I'm not even going to watch this one- they've had too many trailers already. Even ID4 and Armageddon only had 4 trailers- and two of each of theirs were mostly just two versions of the same trailer.

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ^It shows way too much.

Todd the Jedi and Volderon like this.
  6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Jamie Fox gives me a sense of Richard Pryor Superman III villain.

I do like they're doing different villains though.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, Sony is confirming that their intention, between the ASM films and the Venom & Sinister Six spin-offs, to have a Spider-Man movie released annually.

I think they want to try and cash-in on the current trend of superhero films before interest wanes, but the irony is pushing out a ton of Spidey films (movies that are basically the same, typical superhero genre story, versus the genre variety of the MCU or the tonal dissonance of the DC films thus far) annually would likely accelerate the possibility of interest waning.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    IDK, you could have pretty decent variety with Spider-Man movies being your typical action adventure, Venom being more Action Horror and Sinister Six being something like a super powered heist movie. If they vary it, they'll be fine.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    So basically all action movies :p

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Spider-Man certainly has enough villains to do quite a few movies, and a big name villain like Venom having a whole movie to himself is good.

11. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    The new green goblin looks like they just took a meth head off the street and gave him the role. I haven't seen the first Amazing Spider-man movie and i don't intend to see this one.

Besides doesn't everybody know Gwen Stacy is going to die? Also in the comics he doesn't date Gwen until she dies then start dating Mary Jane. They are pretty much introduced at the same time and Peter is pretty much dating both of them.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    MJ was dropped from this one.

I like how you make a decision based on something you haven't seen; that's the hallmark of a robust intellect.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

This is true, but I think it can be said that all of the MCU movies are action movies, yet they all have their own unique feel to them. If they vary the structure and the type of action enough, I think it's going to be fine.

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Necro-Spider-man?

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting to see some of the points made before in the Superhero Overload thread being made again here. I think it can apply just as well to Marvel and DC as it can to Sony's stated intent to create a Spider-Man universe (and really, they're all cashing in).

At any rate, I'm not sure which Spider-Man movies I prefer. I thought ASM was about equal to the Maguire movies in terms of quality and level of entertainment, and both versions (as well as both actors) have pluses and minuses. Having said that, even though I enjoyed watching ASM I'm probably not going to bother seeing ASM2 (at least not at the theater). I guess I've just kind of tired of it since the last one (and so has my son, who I watched the last one with).

Got to say, too, that I've watched all the ASM2 trailers and there are a lot of them... and the trailers seem to show a lot too.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think what he's trying to say is that he dates both Zombie Gwen and MJ at the same time. If that's the case, I'm never seeing this movie.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Sounds like they are just banking on the popularity of the walking dead. Maybe they need to call the ghostbusters to rid themselves of zombie Gwen.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But Harold Ramis is dead! Deeeaaaaad!

19. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    The marketing for this has become very repetitive, and that's not a good thing.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, and as I said there are a lot of trailers for this, and they seem to reveal a lot of the movie in them. I wonder what the thinking is there. It's almost like they are concerned about losing people's attention and enthusiasm for this before it comes out. "Hey, we noticed you looking over there after the last trailer the other day. So here's another trailer!"

21. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I did love the bit about Peter webbing Gwen to the crashed car, and her screaming after him. Emma did great with that.

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

No, in an earlier draft, Peter is still with Gwen but MJ is introduced and they become friends. The character was cast and scenes were filmed, but then cut. In the comics, Peter only went out with MJ a couple of times and that was it. She started dating Harry and Peter started dating Gwen. Peter didn't start dating MJ until after Gwen was dead and enough time had passed out of respect.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Bill Murray vs. Wichita?

24. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

Wow that is not how i meant to say it.

I meant that spider-man doesn't just date Gwen and then when she dies switch to dating Mary jane. he pretty much dates both of them at the same time. and then Gwen dies and he dates and eventually marries Mary jane.

Unless you count when spider-man sold his soul to the devil to bring aunt may back to life. Which warped time and made it so they never started dating, therefore they never got married. Exept now they are dating... It's Confusing...

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    This is why I watch Spider-Man for the web-slinging guy in the blue and red suit fighting bizarre villains, the rest is just meh now