main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Keaton is returning to make it two repeats.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Whatever do you mean?

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think ASM2's one is the New Goblin. They obviously were trying to make Norman Osborn the ultimate antagonist, too bad we never have a chance to see it.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    IMDb lists ASM2 as Green Goblin, but I guess it's moot since it's irrelevant. I just found it amusing that they haven't repeated villains in each incarnation save for once.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow that would have been the perfect time to pick up the symbiote, you're right.

yeah Mysterio's magic is not real. He uses illusions. I've always wanted to see him in a film too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'll be interested to see how they adapt Mysterio's costume for the movie. I doubt they'll stick with the fishbow helmet. Probably switch to some type of holographic projecting device.

It would be odd for this MCU Spidey to be without a Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin. There's still a good possibility that Osbourne bought the Avengers tower in Homecoming, so the new owner(s) of the building could be possibly revealed in the sequel. I don't think Michael Keaton's Vulture will have a big role in Homecoming 2 and that he'll probably won't appear until the end of the movie.

As for Venom, yeah, I didn't expect the symbiote to be tied into the MCU/Peter Parker. But, I'm curious to see if it's connected to a Spider-Man of his own; the Sonyverse-Spider-Man. I mean, theoretically, it could be tied to Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man. I would imagine that Hardy's Venom film has it's own version of Spider-Man somewhere in that world.

There's that animated Into the Spider-Verse that Sony's putting out later this year. It will be interesting if they connect all the different version Spider-Man, or at least the Sony produced films (i.e. Tobey, Andew and Hardy).

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He's not the New Goblin in ASM, since there was no Green Goblin who was active. New Goblin was also the dumbest thing in the third Raimi film.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's not that dumb, more like mishandled, Spider Man 3 got too much to tell and it kinda messed up.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I wasn't talking about the character, but rather the name.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Real talk, we've had Green Goblin 3 times.

Also real talk, hurry up and get J.K. Simmons back as J. Johnah Jameson. We're reaching emergency levels of lack of JJJ in the last 3 Spider-flicks. And not recasting, t'hell with continuity, J.K. as JJJ. Dat's it.

As for the Spider-Man in Venom

I keep seeing that Tom Holland is listed for the Venom film. Rumoured mostly but keeps popping up. I think they can still use Holland's Spider-Man himself (is there really going to be a deal where Sony can't use the character they have the film rights too?), just not the MCU overt character cameo connections (ie don't expect the cavalcade of MCU characters that were in Homecoming). Right now, I'm thinking of Venom and any other spin offs in the MCU more like the way the TV shows are in the MCU. The movies never reference them but the TV shows, mostly through quick almost Easter Egg references - barring Agents of SHIELD in the first few seasons where they got MCU film actor cameos - establish that it's the same universe.

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think it's that big of a problem, especially Harry and his dad are different characters. It really depend on how they write it. I feel really bad for not being able to see Norman Osborn as the "big bad" of the entire ASM series.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    My IQ!

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So maybe Mysterio makes everyone think Spider-Man is alive and that's his big illusion? It's just a horrific long form case of mistaken ID using Spidey to rob banks and stuff? Anyway, yah, there's a cool Mysterio look in the Ultimate comics

[​IMG]

but I think there's also a chance we'll get the fishbowl head. Or both. dude does illusions.

Anyway, more importantly, can you name all of these Spider-baddies? I got 2 wrong, dangit

https://www.thequiz.com/we-bet-you-wont-be-able-to-name-all-of-these-spider-man-villains/?view=list

Although I am calling the test was unfair because they put two "M" named baddies ontop of each other which is just cheating, dangit. Shoulda had that one, really now.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I got 3 wrong... One was unfair. I was gonna pick Prowler but it said his name was Hobie Brown, whereas it was Aaron Davis in the film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I got 100%

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah the Prowler one was dicey because I'm so used to Uncle Prowler for Miles Morales but the costume is basically the same. Big shout out to @cubman987 for hitting the 100%!

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I forgot about that Spiderverse movie. All these Spider-Man (Men?) movies happening. What timeline is it?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Alls we know is Miles Morales and it's called "Into the Spider-Verse" and I believe in the 1st trailer you can hear Miles asking surprised there are other Spider-Men out there to Peter Parker. So I would say it's in Miles own universe and he jumps into other Spider-Men dimensions, which is what the Spider-Verse crossover was kinda all about.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  19. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Looks like the sliver and black movie has been cancelled.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    ?

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The movie with Silver Sable and Black Cat.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Perhaps Sony paid attention to the reaction to the Venom trailer and saw the box office for Solo and determined those were good enough reasons to kill the project.

Speaking of the Venom trailer...
    MARVEL SUBTLY CLARIFIES HOW TO PRONOUNCE VENOM'S 'SYMBIOTE'
    Per ComicBook.com, Amazing Spider-Man #800 has none other than J. Jonah Jameson clearing things up. After Spider-Man struggles in his battle with Red Goblin, Jameson decides to phone Eddie Brock/Venom to ask him to help Spidey.

[​IMG]

During the call, Jameson mocks Eddie Brock's pseudonym, "Mr. Sym," and then specifically asks him if Eddie's first name is “BEE-yote,” indicating that Slate was indeed wrong with her pronunciation. It seems "sym-BEE-ote" is officially the correct way to say the word.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I don't think any character ever refers to him by name in the movie, so you're good.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I read about it some more, and it looks like they're just changing the release date, since it was due to be out in 12 months and they haven't even casted anyone yet.

25. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017