Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.
See Iron Man 2 and 3, total garbage. Popular superheroes sell, regardless of the quality.
Man of Steel barely made a profit with better reviews than ASM2.
Considering the so-so reviews I've read so far (with "bloated" and "uneven" being common denominators) my zero interest in the movie has moved now to -10. Still, I foresee that this movie will have one good weekend, two at the most. Then it'll plunge and be flushed out of memory faster than the offering I gave to the porcelain throne this morning.
Production budget: $225 million
Worldwide ticket sales: $668 million
Has anyone seen this yet?
Dumb question - any reason to stay after the credits?
exactly. Given it's marketing budget, it might have needed about $700 worldwide to really turn a profit on theater revenue. Obviously, there were other revenue sources, and it probably did ok in the end.
Amazing Spider-Man had 73% on RT, Made $750 million worldwide on an alleged $230 million budget.
ASM was more profitable than MOS, probably, but both created the same franchise problems by squandering a lot of whatever good will remained for the characters after SM3 and Superman Returns, respectively, with such mediocre reboots.
I have seen it.
Unless you would like to see a very quickly cut, short scene from X-Men: Days of Future Past you can leave.
Is it at the VERY end of the credits?
Nope its s midway thing.
Wait, so is it a promo for DOFP, or does this heavily imply that both of these franchises now take place in the same movie universe?
It's just a promo. Webb was in a deal to make a Marvel film for FOX, but then he signed on to do "The Amazing Spider-Man". As part of a settlement between Sony and FOX, ASM 2 would feature a teaser for DOFP.
So, I'll ask...
Does Gwen die in it?
Indeed she does.
Black Cat was in the movie, that was cool[/SPOIL]
I really enjoyed this sequel, even coming really close to crying at a certain point. Its a more than worthy successor to the previous one, and all in the cast did a great job. I'm not a big fan of the ridiculously huge Rhino armor, and thought Harry's story arc progressed too fast...but otherwise, a great film all around. Solid 8.5/10 from me.
Should have called this film The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Transformer Rhino
They should've called this movie stupid.
Actually, the design reminded me more of Raphael's Nightwatcher suit from "TMNT" in 2007.
Well it looked stupid
And we have to see that in Sinister Six? Ugh
Odd to have Rhino in the Sinister Six, he's not exactly a major villain. Could have retained Electro instead, he was good.
I liked the references throughout the movie to other known Spider-Man characters.
Hated that they needed the video game to resolve Uncle Ben's killer, should have done that in the movie.
Just saw it. I really enjoyed it, it was a worthy successor to the first one. Even though it was long it kept me entertained and never felt slow at all.
I thought it was brilliant good fun. Loved every minute of it! The opening sequence alone in IMAX 3D was absolutely thrilling to behold!
The comedic timing in the movie was great--I laughed out loud way more than I expected. But even better were the dramatic moments--I was actually brought to tears at the end. Definitely a better film than I expected!
it was...okay. i didn't hate it.
- well acted by everyone, especially garfield and stone. think they've got the best chemistry of all of the superhero relationships we've seen thus far.
- glad to see how colorful it was, as is the norm for most marvel character movies. it's bright and vibrant and a real beauty to watch.
- dammit sony stop trying to shoehorn in every goddamn villain you can. you ruined raimi's spider-man 3 with that crap and you're lucky you didn't ruin this one as well. should have gotten rid of the goblin entirely and just focused on building up harry for future installments. also, cut the mecha-rhino completely out of the film.
- the fact that they gave electro the same "obsessed fanboy can't take rejection" story as batman forever's jim carrey riddler and iron man 3's guy pearce riddler.
- electro's design is still terrible. like dr. manhattan knocked up emperor palpatine.
"amazing spider-man 2: horny iron monger"