main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Um...

*sploosh*

Take my money, etc.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    after all these years i still think of the 67' cartoons music when i think of spider-man

3. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty good trailer. A little dissapointed we didn't get more Keaton (if you didn't know he was in the movie before seeing the trailer, you probably don't after seeing it either) but at least they pulled off a minor miracle of making the Vulture look cool.

5. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    This actually made me interested in Spiderman's second reboot which is impressive. iron man mentoring spiderman is a fresh take on the story, so I'm looking forward to seeing that. It's a bit surprising how much they changed up the cast, but it's a good idea considering how well covered the ground is here.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    So the current rumor is that the sequel to Spider-man: Homecoming, will take over Sony's proposed Bad Boys 4 stop in July 4th weekend 2019.

With Captain Marvel in March, the final Avengers movie in May, Spider-Man in July, and rumored Dr. Strange sequel in November, that's 4 Marvel movies in 2019.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  7. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Cool trailer. Cautiously optimistic about this one...I like what we've seen of the humor, Tony being in it is a plus, and Vulture actually looks great....but it needs to avoid the problems of past Spidey films for sure, like having too many villains.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Said before, wasn't thrilled with another Spider-man reboot as I liked Andrew Garfield, but Civil War warmed me up to the idea a great deal. With this trailer, I'm now excited for the movie.

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I feel the same.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It didn't hit me initially, but I think one of the subtle advantages this film will have over your typical first entry/traditional origin is that we're entering a world where a middle aged guy dressed up like a vulture can show up and it's not abnormal, as we already have a dozen or so films establishing that sort of thing isn't atypical. In Raimi's Spider-Man you're introduced to this presumably "normal" world with no superheroes or super villains when Peter gets his powers and then coincidentally so does Norman Osborn at the exact same time. Then it's like a chain reaction where freak accidents keep happening to people so that Spidey always has a super baddie to battle. I thought Nolan's Batman films cleverly explained the sudden influx of freaks after Batman's debut with Gordon's escalation speech.

It's not really a big deal, just noteworthy that Spidey enters a corner of an already terraformed universe in progress.

11. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Aye. Changing the feathered collar to the liner of a bomber jacket was a stroke of genius. I especially like how his helmet has a bird motif, with a "beak" shape over his mouth.
    [​IMG]

And given his getup, I kind of wonder if they're going to give him a backstory that includes the Falcon. Since Michael Keaton is decidedly much younger than comic book incarnations of Vulture (who is a visual cross between Lex Luthor and C. Montgomery Burns), can't help but wonder if he might be a former C.O.

Also worth mentioning that we never discovered how exactly Falcon was able to get his wings back in TWS....maybe this guy had something to do with it?
    Case in point, TWS took place in and around D.C.....and the Homecoming trailer features Spidey atop the Washington Monument.

12. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    didn't Steve & Nat go grab them for him from some facility in Maryland between scenes? i recall a line about six inches of steel door or whatever

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's his old Birdman costume. When he jumped out the window at the end of that movie he actually flew away, deciding that blaming Spider-Man for his career failures was the right move. It's all connected.

14. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    so it's got helicopter blades instead of feathers.

15. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    This looks really good so far. The Vulture looks badass.

16. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    man this trailer looked so good. I'm really liking this kid playing spiderman. He did great in that tsunami movie too.

17. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    at this point i like his Spidey banter more than i like what i'm seeing of him as just Peter.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Gotta say, I find it hilarious and way too meta that Keaton is actually playing a Birdman here.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    cubman987 likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    ...they can't possibly be naming the sequel Homecoming 2.

Ghost likes this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm thinking it's just a convenient tag until they release the name, so it doesn't get confused with Spider-Man 2.

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, the Green Goblin wasn't a freak accident. It was an intentional act on Norman Osborn's part to use himself as a test subject for a strength enhancing formula, to go along with a hi-tech suit and gear. Doc Ock and Sandman were accidents, but that just goes along with their origins in the comics.

Except there was that period in the 90's where Adrian used a device that allowed him to absorb the life force of people, making him younger.

[​IMG]

So, technically, he was younger than normal.

The harness used in the comics relies on electro magnets to keep him afloat, but that's difficult to make credible. So going with VTOL type tech makes more sense. And if the film does play up a tie with the Falcon harness, then it makes sense that this was the next gen or an earlier prototype.

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Bonus points if Adrian Toomes is like Keaton's Bruce Wayne.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the feeling Iron Man won't be in the movie all that much, if only because A) it's a Spider-Man movie B) this is Sony who showed Gwen getting tossed in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailers so they wouldn't be afraid to entice people with one of the movie's big selling points. But I do love the fact they can play with the MCU toybox now so this flick would basically be Spider-Man proving he can roll with the Avengers by taking out a baddie on his own (if Iron Man sweeps in and saves the day in the third act that wouldn't be very satisfying for a Spier-Man flick) And very astute point that Spider-Man and the crazy tech-ed out, mutant baddies that he faces seem to fit more in the universe than the the Spider-Man / ASM flicks where he was the only one and the baddies happened to evolve concurrently. This hopefully will feel more "small scale" in the MCU when talking Avengers world-ending threats but still very cool inside of that framework. Which is really how a lot of Spider-Man stories go, the Marvel universe is a part of the world Spidey inhabits but he takes care of the threats on his own, threats which seem insurmountable to him but he's Spider-Man, dangit.

Also apparently that is not Ganke, Miles Morales buddy, but it sure does feel like it.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Stark will be in the film on the level of, say, Civil War or an Avengers film, but I think he'll have a healthy supporting role considering his appearance here was the main trade for an MCU Spidey in the Sony deal.