main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    True dat, I'm just hoping it's not Iron Man and Spider-Man save the day in the climax, I'd rather Spidey does it solo (although I would not be opposed Spidey takes out the main baddie and Iron Man is, like, over there disarming whatever)

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I liked the trailer. I like Holland and the reboot of the character so far.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Perhaps it'd have been more accurate for me to describe them as huge coincidences. Peter gets his powers and then suddenly accidents are giving powers to morally murky men left and right

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Even though I really like the movie I have always thought it was a bit silly that Peter happens to meet and kind of befriend Otto right before his accident....it would have been okay to just have him be a bad guy and not someone Peter knew and had to try to redeem.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

That's the thing about the Spider-Man universe; Peter knows virtually every major villain in these films. Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius, Curtis Connors, Eddie Brock. Even Flint Marko is connected to Peter via some shaky ret-conning. It's a very small world he lives in.

cubman987 likes this.
  6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wait....i don't remember him knowing Ock or Conners before they became villains. He didn't know Brock. Osborn i'm not sure he had even met. He knew he was Harry's father, who he wasn't actually friends with yet.

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He went to Ock's research lab before he became a villain.

8. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    in the comic or the movie?
    i think in the comic they met when ock was turning to crime. i'm talking about the comic books.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh, I was talking movies.

10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    has JJJ been cast ? that's one part that JK Simmons should play forever .

CT1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    We were talking about the movies. They tended to make all the villains people Peter knew.

CT1138 likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In the films, Peter knew Otto before the lab experiment accident (he visits him for dinner one night) as well as both versions of Connor (his professor in the Raimi films, through his father and as a lab partner in the ASM films). Brock rivaled Peter before becoming Venom as well.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah i know about the films. It's like they tried to make the villains have some greater meaning. In the comics Peter had enough drama in his personal life without having to make the villains more complicated.

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    in movies the heroes often already know the villains tho , it keeps things within a certain arena because there's less time in a movie than in a tv series or ongoing comic , plus it adds to the dramatic conflict .

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That's pretty much how it is in the comics, as well. Raimi may have had Peter know some of these people before hand, but the idea of it all happening in a similar fashion, is part and parcel of the lore.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Terrific trailer I thought. As much as I liked McGuire and Garfield in the roles, Holland seems more natural in the role. Finally, a new villain to explore rather than the Green Goblin again. Loved the spider webs under the armpits too, something different again.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I was not particularly impressed with the trailer, but it's still early. Maybe the next one will grab me. I still like Holland and, quite genuinely, one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to the movie is to check in with Tony again after Civil War. I mean, I hope they'll at least give Tony a couple of character beats in the movie. Oh, and Michael Keaton.

Darth Basin and Darthmaul208 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Peter knowing Doc Ock works in Spider-Man 2, doesn't exactly feel needed with Peter knowing Doctor Connors in Amazing Spider-Man. which is weird because in the comic lore, it's reversed.

The flick is in the can and no mention of JK Simmons (who was actually cast as Commissioner Gordon for the Distinguished Competition) or JJJ. However, a post-credits scene with JK as JJ would make the roof explode in theatre.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It would be outstanding if there's simply a JK JJ in every version of the multiverse. Blame it on Strange since JK JJ already knows about him anyways ;) .

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

I'm afraid this version of SM will suffer from Reboot Fatigue.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

I always though JK's JJJ was a bit too over the top. And yet...I can't think of anyone better better for the role. In a multiverse of many variables, it'd be pretty awesome if a JK JJJ was the one constant.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Unfortunately, he'll be busy as Commissioner Gordon for Justice League, and probably the Affleck-directed Batman.

Hugh Laurie would make a good choice, especially if he uses his Dr. House voice.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I wish that had been reversed somehow, since I could've dug Gordon being played by Laurie. Oh well.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I watching one of my many nerd channels on YouTube and one of the talking heads suggested Ice Cube as J. Jonah Jameson.

I like the idea.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Ice Cube as Jameson? That would work as well.