main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Sony’s Untitled ‘Spider-Man’ Animated Film To Feature Miles Morales As Lead Character

cubman987 likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    After waiting years and years for them to release the seasons on DVD... I found out that the entire 1994-1998 animated Spider-Man series, all 5 seasons with 65 episodes, (the BEST Spider-Man) is on iTunes!

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Awesome to see Miles Morales getting a flick, hopefully they incorporate the "Death of Spider-Man" / Miles Prowler Uncle Origin into it because that is the strongest stuff how it flows out of DoSM. But maybe starting an animated Spider-Man movie with Peter Parker dead isn't the best move? Although Lord and Miller can work miracles.

5. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    A Miles Morales Spider-Man film would be fantastic.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Assuming the Marvel / Sony deal holds, I fully expect Miles Morales to replace Peter Parker in the MCU. Circa 2025ish. There is a very small part of me that is annoyed Miles is getting his big screen debut in a separate animated film than the MCU proper but maybe that's just to establish the character to a wider audience so WHEN Miles pops up in the MCU it'll be all like "Oh yeah, the one from the cartoon!" (Kinda not really but whatever)

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't know if they even need to replace Peter Parker to have Miles Morales. There was the "Spider-Men" mini series where 616 Peter crossed over into the Ultimate Universe and had a ending that suggested Peter would find the Miles of 616. So there's the possibility that Peter and Miles could exist together in the MCU. Either way, I would be fine with it.

A little promo art for Homecoming.

[​IMG]

The more I see of this costume the more I like it. My only complaint with the Civil War version was they the "webbing" in the costume wasn't more pronounced.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    SAve MM for the eventual 4th reboot.

9. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Forget that. Bring in Miles, Spider-Gwen, Maguire, Garfield, and the whole shebang and give us one big Spider-Verse movie!! [face_dancing]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    one of the points of creating miles morales seemed to be to have a teenage spider-man again in the comics. on the big screen they want to keep peter a teenager forever so there isn't a need for it.

11. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Miles was created to diversify the Ultimate Comics line and tell new stories rather than just modern retellings of classic characters/stories. It was Marvel's efforts to try to breath new life in the line before it's eventual death (though Miles stuck around). It wasn't to create a teenage Spider-Man because he replaced the previous Ultimate Peter Parker who was at the time of his death 16 or 17.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    In the next film, Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield are sent to find Tobey Maguire who has possibly defected to Japan where they persecute Spider-Men. The twist is that Tobey Maguire didn't defect, he just got lost and is very very nervous.

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    So long as there is a giant robot cameo in Japan I am game. And Nicholas Hammond should play the aging Peter that recruits them.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, ya know...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That Japanese Spider-Man show from the 70's was insane.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, it was. That's why I was so delighted it was included in the Spider-verse story line. So much fun!

17. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Thank you for pointing out the reference I was making. :p

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

I actually 100% agree with this. Bring back everybody (and introduced new ones) for a Spider-Verse flick. Get Sam Raimi to direct it and just go completely bugabo. And Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen, please, universe please! It would be a complete 180 from Sony and Marvel wanting grounded high schooler Spider-Man but it would make my Spider-geek brain asplode.

(I believe Dan Slott did want to work in Maguire and Garfield into Spider-verse but couldn't happen. But there is a reference in Spider-Verse when two Spider-Men are chatting and say something like "I saw a guy who looked like the guy from Seabiscuit!" "I saw the guy from The Social Network!" "oooh, he was good!")

19. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    [​IMG]

So Maguire and Garfield references on top of Turn off the Dark (I assume?) and The Electric Company references. And frankly in a series that was that packed, I am okay with nods like this as banter between two Spider-Men.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, the Sony Spidey spin-off trolley is on the move again! Black Cat / Silver Sable! (By people who worked on Thor and Westworld which is a pretty decent pedigree) Bring back Felcity Jones, dangit! (It should be noted I believe that doing Black Cat / Silver Sable would be way, way easier without Spider-Man than a Venom movie would be)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/silver-sable-black-cat-movie-spider-man-movie-sony-1202014365/

I was actually excited by the Sinister Six Drew Goddard script that was raring to go so maybe they still have that on a shelf somewhere.

Anyway, Sony has been brewing on these Spider-spin-offs for awhile so I'd put good odds we're going to see at least two of 'em. Definitely the Miles animated flick and I'd toss a coin if either the Venom or BC/SS one happens.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and cerealbox like this.
  21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Felicity has shown she can hold down as lead in an action movie.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Huh. So that happened.

Good lord...

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Spider-Man is Big in Japan

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Two new posters. They're enormous images, so I tagged them. Not because they're actually spoilers. Okay?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]