main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There are no armpit webbings. I wonder if the internet will be outraged over that like they were in the Wonder Woman movie thread.

Diggy and heels1785 like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That second one looks like "Oh crap, I dropped my phone!"

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    New trailer to drop tomorrow.

Also, first shot of:

Michael Keaton as Vulture.

[​IMG]

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Michael Keaton proves Harvey Dent's saying: "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Plus, after playing Batman, Birdman and now The Vulture, will he get frequent flier miles? :D

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ooohhh

I actually love the flare around the neck on the jacket, recalls the OG Vulture outfit

[​IMG]

I would assume with the tech-ed out flying suit he's rockin it may have something to do with StarkTech, hence Tony getting involved (and also punting Spidey up to Avenger status)

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If you don't want to know the entire plot, do not watch

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Michael Keaton looks like the reason to see this movie.

Jedi Daniel and TiniTinyTony like this.
  8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Michael Keaton elevates everything he touches. If you want to see a preview of how amazing he is as a villain, watch Pacific Heights.

9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    looks great, other than a couple things i've mentioned before.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it's very good that Marvel had already established the "supporting main" premise with Widow in Winter Soldier, Loki in The Dark World, and had heavily advertised Hulk in Ragnarok.

From his part in Civil War through these two trailers, I am not convinced Holland could even begin to carry a movie on his own in the way Garfield and Tobey did. Thus the need for RDJ and an incredibly strong villain.

11. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    aintitcool reports that the trailer was shown at cinemacon and kevin feige said peter was about 5 years old when Tony became Iron Man.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So far everything looks great to me, a nice mix of ultimate and 616 from the comics and really looking forward to seeing Keaton as the Vulture.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No J.K. Simmons. I NO GO

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yea, wtf is JK doing playing Jim Gordon instead of playing the role he was born to do? How did Sony/Disney screw that up?

Diggy, yeah man, that trailer went on forever. I basically stopped at the halfway point because it was just too much. Don't studios actually want us to pay and sit in a theater through a movie?

Diggy likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Don't worry. JK is going to reprise his role in the J. Jonah Jameson cinematic universe.

Juke Skywalker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, take my money.

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Spider-Man is sooo young.... I still can't get over it!

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Marvel Studios logo is straight-up on the poster (and so is Avengers tower), and it looks like while it was announced as a Sony / Disney co-production, everything seems to be it was Marvel Studios driving the train, basically freelancing for Sony. methinks Disney / Marvel may end up getting a deeper cut from Homecoming than what Sony initially anticipated which they may not likey. Hence all the recent news about Sony getting into the Venom / Black Cat-Silver Sable spin-off game once again (and the Miles Morales animated flick). Maybe we'll end up with something crazy like the MCU Spider-Man and the Spectacular Sony-Man.

... which sets the ground for Spider-Verse, dangit! Which is what I need!

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sony wants money. Marvel wants Spiderman. Trailer released today. Fans talking about Spiderman. Sony drops trollish comment about taking Spiderman back. Fan hysteria ensures. Marvel gives Sony money.

[​IMG]

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How can Marvel get back the full rights to Spider-Man (and X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the others, for that matter?)

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Buy 21st Century Fox (owner of 20th Century Fox), currently valued at $59.3 billion dollars.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Sony would be foolish if they try to overplay this. Marvel can simply play the waiting game. And in the meantime, take out all movie merchandise. Instead, each new Sony movie will have strictly spider-man comic merchandise which Sony won't see a dime of. They did it to Fox already. Sony can only benefit from letting Marvel sit in the driver's seat. If they want more money, then they may need to actually do more. Like give up some Spidey character to Marvel (Norman Osborne!). Otherwise, Marvel will win. They have the rabid fans and the time to waste. They already built two phases of their universe without Spidey. They can easily move on without him if Sony overplays their hand.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    they'll squabble over money. and with RDJ in it , it will probably do a lot better. So then they'll get greedy and wreck it.