main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That looks a lot like the first Iron Man poster. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Oh, the marketing team for Homecoming has been selling Tony Stark/Iron Man nearly as much as Spider-Man. They really want to sell the point that this is part of the MCU and features the character that launched the MCU nine years ago. Which I don't think is a bad thing.

Here's the international poster:

[​IMG]

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The poster equivalent of the Inhumans costumes.

Embarassing.

Diggy likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    A fine 1-2 punch, Andrew!

heels1785 likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I told you Diggy didn't I? I predicted the poster would have floating heads in it! You owe me cheesecake.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Silver Sable/Black Cat Spider-Man Film Lands Title, Director & Release Date

[​IMG]

Silver and Black sounds like an Oakland Raiders' fan film.

I don't think a Silver Sable and Black Cat is as questionable as a Venom film, as both aren't as deeply connected as Venom is to Spider-Man. Plus, we the announcement of Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl, why not?

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    See, the Venom movie I get. He was (is) an insanely popular character who I can see carrying a film. Yes it's absolutely bizarre that Spider-man won't be involved at all in the Venom movie, but who is asking for Black Cat or especially a Silver Sable movie? And I'm a fan of both of these characters (well before Slott ruined BC) but a movie about these two is just.....really weird to me.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I didn't like the Slott made Black Cat pissed off because Superior Spidey punched her in the face and now she's a Crime Boss.

I'll say this, no one really asked for Iron Man and Captain America 10 years ago but they're among the most popular Marvel characters now. Of course, the success of a Black Cat and Silver Sable flick will greatly depend on the script, director and cast. I imagine they'll be closer to the age of Tom Hardy rather than Tom Holland.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I did :p

11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Can they get Felicity Jones to reprise the role?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Haven't seen the new trailer, definitely Sony going overload, as they do, with Spider-trailers. Kind of bailed after the last trailer.

Good to see the Miles Morales animated movie moving along. I think he has a great origin story although

a key component of Miles' origin I feel is Peter Parker being all dead so Miles takes up the mantle of Spider-Man. I hope they keep that in here because it works as Peter is Miles "Uncle Ben" plus the conflict Miles has with Uncle Prowler. While, yes, Miles and Peter are existing side by side now, that took some universe entanglement to make it happen. Dead Pete = needed part of Miles origin if you ask me but may be bit dark for an animated movie that may be aimed at a younger demographic, at least that may be how Sony feels.

As for the non-Spider-Man Spidey flicks, I think Tom Hardy as Venom is a fantastic idea. If anything, his Venom voice could be neatly menacing. Doing Venom without Spider-Man could be .... really odd but I think it's doable if the movie is exceptionally good. And I'm down with Silver Sable / Black Cat movie cuz they pretty and they kick ass and it could be a neat contrast of characters. Bring back Felicity Jones, dangit! (Because I desperately need more Felicity Jones in my life) Heck, just set these in the ASM-verse and I'd be okay with that. (also to set up Spider-Verse movie, double-dangit!)

While it is a tad dopey that because Spidey Ock was mean to Black Cat (Peter even explained it to her and she just said she didn't care), I do think the swing to make her the Kingpin of Crime has turned in some interesting stories, especially the dynamic between her and Miles Morales' Spider-Man. Kinda weird how they got there but it made the character more interesting than she has been in years.

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    /scarcasm:

Oooh let's throw everything at Spider-Man's web and see what sticks...

///

Really? Black Cat...I can see her being a pivotal part of a Spidey movie. Outside of that, nope.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a gorgeous and dynamic poster. The other one is not [face_laugh]. That one is a sub-bad photoshop job.

Jedi Daniel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    See I love Hardy but this brings to mind the same thing the Catwoman movie did with not including Batman. Sure, make a standalone movie for the character but Batman is still essential to Selina's character much like Spidey is to Venom's.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I like that RDJ is flying away from RDJ in the bad poster. Metaphorical perhaps. Or just terrible photoshop.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Make sure you get the Washington Monument in there, people will want to know.

:p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's not finding Jesus in a piece of toast, but still pretty cool.

[​IMG]

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Apparently, Amazon had available for rent or purchase an "Editor's Cut" of Spider-Man 3.

New 'Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut' vanishes from the web

Now, I would not at all be interested in paying to rent or own this Editor's Cut of the film. However, if it's available on any of the online subscription services I have, I'd watch it then. I think I've seen Spidey 3 two or three times. I don't hate the film, but I do recognize how awful it is.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    In other words, it's gone from the world wide web? :p

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So it's an editor's cut now? That's a new one.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well seems like there's a ton of homecomming clips and trailers out now, that's all Sony considering how much they put out of the ASM-flicks so seems to be happening again here. Been avoiding most of them.

HOWEVER, in not Homecoming news, there's a gameplay trailer extended clip for the PS4 Spider-Man game. And it's impressive as all hell. And Kingpin! Mister Negative! Miles Morales!!! Only gripe I have is I think the big white spider design is an eyesore and doesn't mesh with the classic Spidey outfit. But for this much Spider-Man goodness, I can deal

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I prefer the edited version:

[​IMG]

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

First bit of the soundtrack released. Its - okay? Like nearly everything leading up to this movie, nothing really exciting.

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah not the kind of music i think of when i think of Spider-Man. they'll never get it right