main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So, the novelization has come out and if you want do not want to know who Zendaya is playing, do not open the spoiler tag.

She's the Vulture's daughter. So it looks like they used Raimi's idea, but tweaked it to fit what Marvel is doing.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Venom & Silver Sable/Black Cat ARE in the MCU! According to Amy Pascal who was sitting literally beside Kevin Fiege at the time.

http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-same-universe-as-venom/

“Well, those movies will all take place in the world that we’re now creating for Peter Parker,” Pascal said while sitting beside Feige. “They’ll all be adjuncts to it. They may be different locations, but it will still all be in the same world. They will all be connected to each other as well.”

When asked if Tom Holland would appear in any of the films, Pascal responded, “There’s a chance. There’s always a chance. I think one of the things that Kevin has done with Marvel that’s so brilliant is bringing the fans along and making each movie seem like a chapter in a book that you have to read in order to go forward, and I think the investment that the fans get to feel in being part of a larger story and understanding what’s happening is something that I know Sony would want to emulate.”

If one wanted to put a handle on it, I'd say the Venom & Sable/Black Cat are kind of like the MCU TV to MCU movies. MCU TV references the movies, MCU movies don't really reference TV. So, yeah, think that. (Or Kevin Fiege doesn't like to play with his toys outside of the MCU movie sandbox if one is feeling cynical)

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There were so many possibilities on how these comments could work in my head.

One, as BigAl6ft6 suggests, is that Sony's Venom-verse is akin to the Marvel's TV/Netflix universe, where the MCU proper is referenced but none of the main stars appear or crossover. Which makes sense and would probably work.

Two, would be the Venom-verse is like Deadpool where is connected to the proper X-Men-verse but exist is a different timeline/pocket universe. This would allow for a grown up Spider-Man to exist, where the symbiote and Spidey thing already happen, and we jump to Eddie Brock having the symbiote for a long while.

Three, a Logan type of situation where it takes some time in the future and Mile Morales is Spider-Man.

Basically, I think it's good idea for Sony to connect the Venom-verse to the MCU and ride its coat tails.

From what I hear, when Pascal made these comments with Feige sitting right beside her, he made some really comfortable faces.

I just checked out the video. Some are comparing it to "Sad Affleck."

WARNING: LANGUAGE

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Or...Sony incorporates the Ghostbusters in this Universe. And they all get attacked by the dreaded Poop Emoji.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So reports are that Tom Holland/Spider-Man will appear in the spin off flicks; Carnage will be the villain in the Venom film and other projects to include Kraven and Mysterio.

How Sony Learned to Cede Control to Marvel on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'

Sound likes Sony has learned its lesson with Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2, and not try to cram characters into their films to set up future films and just focus on the film at hand and make it the best as possible.

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i have no faith in that

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Could be worse. It could be Spider-Kids running around trying to save the day.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not really critics, superfans who likely took extra steps to see the film early. Perhaps why all of these "early impressions" on social media are always overwhelmingly positive.

But asking IGN to be accurate is pointless.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

Well, Spider-Girl maybe.

SensationalSean likes this.
  11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    In this, they are being (mostly) accurate. The people they highlighted are almost all film journalists.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I thought IGN's review of GotG2 was pretty spot-on, and it wasn't completely over-the-top positive.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Got my tickets for the Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it, but one thing. Does he not seem really overpowered holding the two halves of the cruise chip together? Of course it could all go awry in the actual film, but it seems a little out of place to me.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Like Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony has put out too many clips of Homecoming and I've seen an extended clip of this ferry boat scene and know how it's resolved. I wish I hadn't see it, so don't look for it.

I bought my tickets a week or so ago to see it on Saturday of opening weekend.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's the money shot of the trailer. Nothing more. Maybe it's a dream he has?

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    No, it's not. The extended clip I saw had...
    Tony Stark/Iron Man fly in and use a good amount of small drones to push the ferry boat back together, and that's why Tony tells Peter to chill out with the super hero stuff.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    SPIDER-MAN SPIN-OFFS VENOM, SILVER & BLACK ARE STANDALONE MOVIES SEPARATE FROM THE MCU, PRODUCER AMY PASCAL CONFIRMS

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Welllll...it sounds like a bit too much, yeah. But it's not impossible either. Time flows in a more realistic manner between MCU movie releases after all. So yeah, if they want to roll with that kid being lil' Petey Parker, sure, why not?

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if Parker is a sophomore in SMH, then he's ~15 years old. Most timelines place Iron Man 2 as taking place in 2011 (basically IM1 being shifted 2 years into the future and things being more or less in real time after that). So that would make him 9 years old in IM2 or 7 without time shifting IM1. I kinda feel like that kid is younger there but then Parker isn't a tall kid, either...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I do think Hardy will be awesome but I was kinda hoping the Sony-Spidey-verse would be like the TV-MCU to film-MCU. Well, I guess one COULD see it that way still anyway, it's not as if the Sony spinoff character would pop up in the MCU anyhoo. One shot of Holland as Spidey is pretty much all you need to put it in the MCU.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Spider-Man Actually Debuted in the MCU Years Before Civil War

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I guess our use of spoiler tags a few posts above was as pointless as this "reveal". :p

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    :p [face_laugh]

I stayed away from those spoiler tags above, until you mentioned it.

I wonder if it will play into Homecoming, as it didn't play into Civil War. However, it does steal a bit of Uncle Ben's thunder of "with great power comes great responsibility."

EDIT:

[​IMG]

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wut. I don't ever remember hearing people wanting lil' Joffrey as John Blake. [face_dunno]