main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    That's a fun poster, though not as nice as the NYC skyline ones. Too much Tony, again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well the jumble of yearbook images makes sense if it's supposed to be a yearbook, which would be busy and crammed. the original one is just ugly busy.

Interesting that Pete was the kid from Iron Man 2, it's a great moment in the movie and nice to see it worked in. I don't think it takes away from Uncle Ben being the reason for Pete being Spider-Man, although I can see how some could construe it that way.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Wasn't there a rumor or report that the Vulture's equipment is Chitauri-related? If so, I wonder if he was a member of HYDRA or S.H.I.E.L.D, or connected with someone who was? (cough, cough MCU version of Norman Osborn, cough, cough, perhaps?).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I think it was pushed as a preferred alternative to random-orphan and help explain his instinct about Wayne's nature.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And people wanted some kid in Jurassic Park to be Chris Platt?

7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    There was like 1 or 2 articles speculating it. Almost nobody actually wanted it.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's a similar idea there- to give a new main character some grounding connection to the history of the series he's joining.

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Non spoiler review:

1) A lot of "Marvel" movies get flack for their lack of a good villain. Michael Keaton was my favorite part of the movie and I enjoyed his performance more than Tom Holland's.
    2) Tom did a fine job, but I would say I enjoyed the choreography, cinematography, and his general quips in Civil War more than anything in Homecoming. It's not that Homecoming was bad, I just felt they could have added a few more acrobatics and maybe a few more POV shots. Nothing really jumped out at surprising and maybe that's a product of the trailers giving away too much.
    3) Even though this movie isn't a Spider-man origin story, there are still moments that felt that way which is a tiny negative. We do have a 15 year old sophomore Peter who is a little whiny but thankfully he not full or angst and crybaby-esque like Maguire or Garfield, so that was very much appreciated. Tom/Peter is still slightly awkward as expected, but he's kind of graceful about it, like a swan in roller skates.
    4) I did find myself smiling throughout so it was a fun ride overall with very little lulls. I don't recall any moments where it dragged. There was some good humor sprinkled throughout.
    5) Small gripes: I felt Happy was used a little too much and Zendaya wasn't needed in this film.

FYI: Two end credit scenes. One after the cartoony "ball room blitz" credits before the black and white scroll ones start AND one at the very end that is a must see.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

True Sith and TiniTinyTony like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Currently at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I still have no idea who this Zardoz person is besides some pop star person.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Probably Disney's idea to bring in a more diverse and juvenile audience. As if that was needed.

True Sith likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So I absolutely loved this movie and can't wait to see it again. Probably my favorite Spider-man movie and definitely the best the character has ever been on screen.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah it definitely had a much different feel to it than the previous takes. Probably the increased presence of Peter's life in high school, plus the interconnection with the MCU.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    How many end credits scenes?

17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    $15.4 million Thursday - Homecoming will easily pass the $100 million mark. $110 million almost certain. $125 million possible.

Raimi's first Spider-Man: $114 million opening weekend. Homecoming will beat it, not adjusted for inflation.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not surprised with all the positive reviews and feedback, plus how well this iteration of Spider-Man was well received in Civil War. I figured that Homecoming would out perform Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the box office.

On another note, reports are the the sequel to Homecoming will be released two months after Avengers 4, which supposedly is set like five minutes after the events of Avengers 4, and that there are 5 Tom Holland/Spidey related flicks in the works. A wonderful "homecoming" indeed for the wall crawler.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Spider-Man is set five minutes after Avengers 4, or Avengers 4 is set five minutes after Avengers 3?

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Not sure of the amount of time that takes place between Avengers 3 and 4. However, in a interview with Kevin Feige by Fandango, the article, did say:

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    dos

There aren't 5 Spider-man movies in the works - what Kevin Feige is saying is that Spider-man's story is a 5 story arc that began in Civil War (1) continues in Homecoming (2) and we'll see more of Peter Parker and his coming of age journey in Avengers: Infinity War (3), untitled Avengers (4) and finally in Homecoming 2 (5).

That's probably where Marvel and Sony's deal currently stands. What happens with the character after that is probably not in writing.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Marvel keeps on doing it. They keep making totally charming movies that find interesting ways to integrate these characters into their universe, and it always works super well. Holland is incredible in the role (I was a big Garfield partisan) and Michael Keaton is the best Spider-Man villain yet. They did so many cool things with the Vulture. The high school setting worked really well, and Iron Man was not a huge part of the movie, another part I was scared of overshadowing good old Webhead.

I could complain about Flash being more an annoyance than an actual bully and not threatening at all, the MJ tease at the end which makes no sense (the cinematic Mary Jane's seem to just....not want to be the character at all) and some real wallpapering over Uncle Ben being an influence at all but....this was so damn good.

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm really looking forward to this , however then I heard that its full of references to those 80s teen movies like Breakfast Club etc. is this true ? 'cos I hate those movies .

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Thanks for the edit heels, forgot the spoiler policy

heels1785 likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Saw it. Enjoyed it. Keaton was cool. All the cameos are great. I didn't know there were two credits scene so I only saw the first one.