main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Another reason to look forward to the Blu Ray release of Spider-Man: Homecoming:

The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Blu-ray Will Have Many More Captain America PSAs

[​IMG]

Hopefully, the Blu Ray will also have this deleted scene:

Spider-Man: Homecoming: Marisa Tomei Disappointed Over Cut Scene

[​IMG]

I think if these were kept in the film it would have dragged down the pace and tone, so I'm glad it wasn't included.

Sarge and cubman987 like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    In the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man origin, The Scorpion is a kingpin style gangster who gets into scuffles with Miles Spidey and Uncle Prowler and it works really great. Although, I would want to see some scorpion tail mechanized stinger action. Maybe find a happy medium (he does look all stuck with metal bits in his final scene possibly implying a technological upgrade in his future) because Michael Mando (who played Mac / Nacho on BCS) is pretty fantastic. Although it would be weak if we had to wait, like, 6 movies until we get Prowler / Scorpion throwdown.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe, but still, I hope Uncle Ben gets acknowledged sometime in the future. It is an integral part of what makes Pedro do what he does. Disney really shouldn't try to redo his story that much just for the sake to do things differently from what been done in other movies before.

Sarge likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, I totally want to see the MCU Uncle Ben / Spider-wrestling / great power and responsibility bit. Make a great 15 minute short film. Hey, Marvel / Sony? Remember those One Shots you used to do a lot? Just do that! Or there's a thing called youtube! Really break the mold or whatever.

Seriously, they made a few sponsor / ads for Spider-Man stuff here with actors and everything.

Just take all that time and money and make a freakin' Uncle Ben death Spidey origin short movie! Sponsored by Audi or whatever.

also, note, I believe the "Driver's test" video is technically a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming as it opens with Peter watching "Spider-Man driving fail" youtube video which is what happens when he jacks Flash's ride. Speaking of which, it was awesome that Peter when talking to Flash basically just did Bale Batman to disguise his voice.

Sarge and The2ndQuest like this.
  5. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Just as long as they don't make him into a weird Xenomorph-Scorpion mutate similar to his Amazing Spider-Man continuity.
    [​IMG]

And yet, still a better human-xeno hybrid than the thing in Alien Resurrection.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That drivers test one is canon, as far as I'm concerned. :D

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Great job there DMV Guy, letting that maniac have a driver's license. :p

BTW, who's DMV Guy? He was a basketball player, right?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's J.B. Smoove. He's been in a bunch of movies and TV shows.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    In my head canon Uncle Ben is Jason Alexander.

Sarge, BigAl6ft6 and MrMojoRisin like this.
  10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    My my cousin Vinny might have a word about that.

[​IMG]

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I knew I saw this! When Aaron Davis / Uncle Prowler popped up one of his alias' on Pete's AI was "Brian Pichelli". Names of the two creators of Miles Morales. I don't freakin' notice Mac Gragan but I did clue in on this very random one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ster-eggs-comic-book-story-references-1019584

"Spider-Man later interrogates Aaron, whose criminal records identify him as "The Prowler" and one of his aliases as "Brian Pichelli," after the names of his comic book creators Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli."

(Note, Miles Morales first appeared in the Bendis / Pichelli created story in Ultimate Fallout #4 in 2011. I remember I begrudgingly picked up that series because it was the fallout of Death of Spider-Man and glad I did)

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    double post. dangit. Spider-Man is so neat! And the trick-web bank-shot off the car bit was fantastic.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's an Easter egg in SMH that's relevant to the earlier discussion about gods in the MCU and human reaction...

[​IMG]

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm still not use to "SMH" to being an acronym for Spider-Man: Homecoming. I still read it as "Shake My Head." [face_not_talking]

Anyway, that's the first time I've seen that Easter Egg and I don't know where that's seen in the movie.

Alpha-Red and Random Comments like this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Outside the restaurant May and Peter eat at.

SMH doesn't phase me much as an acronym, simply because I somehow only recently became aware of the general internet usage for those letters.

(Unlike the crazy people who called Trainspotting 2 "T2" or used "T5" instead of "TF5" for the most recent Transformers. There's only one T2, weirdos. And T5 may suck regardless of what franchise you refer to, but the TF franchise has not earned the right to be associated with T1/T2. :) )

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Don't tell Peter about Aunt May and Whiplash

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Or about Tony Stark.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Peter already walked in on that...

[​IMG]

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, the actual titles are "T2: Trainspotting" and "Terminator 2: Judgement Day". So "T2" actually went through the trouble to make that their title while "Terminator 2" isn't registered as that. "T2" is just an abbreviation for the Terminator sequel that stuck (and was used in marketing) but the only movie officially named "T2" is "T2: Trainspotting". so if you're saying "T2", it's officially the Trainspotting sequel.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fair enough that it's actually part of the title but silly of them to use it in the first place given how "stuck" T2 is for Terminator (as you said, the marketing was really aggressive with that branding- often preceding the full title ).

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway, the point is, freakin' Spider-Man goddamnit! And he's in the MCU!

True Sith and PCCViking like this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Simply a masterpiece, other than Peter's crush is not pretty, Aunt May is 10 times better.

Great performance of RDJ, Tomei and Keaton, especially Keaton's Vulture was the best performance of MCU villain. Jennifer Connelly's voice over was also nice.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My Slowpoke, you really must be a hit with the ladies in your neighborhood.

25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It was an awfully crass thing to say.

Beauty is subjective; I thought Liz was pretty, but I can understand that, as always, not everyone likes the same things, and it is perfectly alright if you don't personally find someone attractive; however, really it is much better to quantify your opinion as simply your opinion rather than making it a statement of fact. It just looks awful, imo.

Darth_Invidious likes this.