main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Well I am glad you had such great parents, not everyone is so fortunate. Nor does every child feel they really can be open about their life, regardless of what parents say or do.

Not to mention this completely ignores the actual reason Peter never told Aunt May of his changes; he feared that shock of the revelation might kill his ever-ailing Aunt. Add in the inherent risk you face every night (and how much your Aunt already worries about you), and that your Aunt verbally disapproves of your other life on a continual basis, I don't blame Peter in the least for keeping that from her. Nor would I say its a reflection of her love and parenting skills (its easy to misjudge someone who is misrepresented in the media, and upon discovering the truth she greets him with open arms...after a stern lecture).

2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    When a child is bitten by a radioactive animal and undergoes major physiological transformations and DOESN'T tell their parent, something is wrong.

Let alone hiding the changes to sneak out and essentially cheat (is gaining strength from a radioactive spider that much different than from a steroid injection?) his way to wrestling victory.

Heck, are there ANY values Ben managed to instill in Peter without dying first?

3. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Well I am happy to know that you have never made a mistake, foolish choice, or ignored the guidance of your parents in any way during your life (especially during the teen years where adolescent rebellion is common-place). The rest of us are not nearly so perfect.

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    You clearly have never raised a teenager, JKH. I wonder if you've actually ever met one. Many teenagers experience all kinds of changes and they don't always know what to make of it. Teenagers tend to push their own boundaries, trying to wrestle with the balance between being treated as a child and being on the cusp of adulthood. Every teenager has a hard time with this and they tend to struggle with what to tell their parents. Oftentimes they don't know when they're in over their heads because they don't even realize that this new experience could have negative consequences. And then, by the time they figure out they're in trouble, they worry things will be even worse because they didn't speak up earlier.

Anyway, more power to you, dude. I'm sure you'll have the perfect relationship with your teenager, should you ever have kids. And if you don't, I hope no one judges you.

5. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I'd like to point out that the wrestling match is Raimi's invention, in the comics he actually only became a sort of tv novelty. You know, if we're actually discussing the character from the comics or whatever.

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    May I also point out that while doping is illegal in professional and Olympic sports, that generally wouldn't apply to something like the wrestling entertainment that Bonesaw was involved with anyway. Further, the closest analogy to Parker's situation is not Mark McGuire's intentional doping, it is Caster Semenya's alleged hermaphrodism. In that case, she was allowed to keep all her medals and continues to participate as a female. Because her "advantages" are baseline and genetic, she is not found at fault for having them. Even if she was, that wouldn't disqualify her from the sort of informal carnival barker competition Parker took part in.

How on Earth do you conclude this is immoral?

7. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm pretty sure there were earlier versions with the wrestling match than Raimi's.

Such as Ultimate Spider-Man.

8. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    The wrestling match most definitely was in Amazing Fantasy 15. He defeated Crusher Hogan with what looks like a webbing mask for $100. His television appearances came later.

[image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6859585979_f41a87703e_b.jpg]
    [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7193/6859585395_972aa457c8_b.jpg]

9. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    edit: double post

10. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    I have been shown up.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    You noob. I thought it was common knowledge that was taken from the comics.

12. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    So....I guess Bonesaw WASN'T ready?

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  14. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    [image=http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/asmcostume1.jpg]
    PRESIDENT KOOPA!
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/leekenobi/koopa.jpg]

EDIT -- I mean come on, if youre going to have the Lizard...have THE LIZARD.
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/26948/525376-spider_man_vs__the_lizard_by_heartbreakkid_large.jpg]
    Don't just throw a tail on a DC character.
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4419/160801-114360-killer-croc_super.jpg]

15. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Reminds me of a slightly bulkier version of Ditko's original design.

[image=http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManA/Large/AmazingSpider-Man006.jpg]

16. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    That actually looks a lot more threatening.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I like how they had to sexy up the gwen stacy costume. I'm surprised how modest they went with the cleavage.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The hands and feet of the Lizard costume are cool, the face not so much.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Looks interesting.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  22. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
  23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I liked the scene.

24. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, the actors look a lot better.
    Esp Peter Parker, who looks 95% less pie-in-the-sky rehashing-performance-from-previous-movie.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    That doorman didn't seem intimidating at all. [face_talk_hand]