main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

If the result is to get something better than what we've had so far or having him be part of the MCU...then yes, I guess I am. But I'm certain that as crappy as it may be, the movie will sell and Sony will retain the rights for perpetuity. The gods are cruel, after all.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really liked the original ASM better than the Raimi trilogy, but all of the stills and other related into and tidbits for this one look incredibly stupid. I mean, Paul Giamatti as Rhino? What? What the hell? How does that make any goddamned sense? That's like casting Sean Penn as Mr. Freeze.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Oh goody, looks like the Rhino will be a guy in a robotic battle suit, joining the list of bad guys wearing robotic battle suits.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only totally different because it's got a horn on its head.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Facing three villains at once? Spider-Man will certainly be...shocked. :cool:

5. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    1. Giamatti has the chops to pull it off.

2. After Ah-nuld's atrocious spin on the character, anything is possible.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Bring in the Gimp!
    [​IMG]

Darth-Lando likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No please god no.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So excited for the trailer tomorrow! I really cannot wait for this movie, despite what people say I think it'll be awesome. Loved ASM, I remember 2012 I spent my whole year counting down the days for it, and watching the trailer constantly. Tomorrow cannot come sooner enough!

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    that's possibly the saddest thing I have ever heard.

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Move aside movie Rhino. The original transformer rhinoceros:

[​IMG]

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And here's the trailer:

Action good, dialogue cheesy. Par for the course.

Team Padme and soitscometothis like this.
  12. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Holy cow!

I need to watch that at home on TV rather than my laptop screen.

The actor playing Harry Osborn sure is creepy, I thought he did that role well in Chronicle too.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Enjoyment is strictly verboten in Ender Sai's Perfect Society.

Seriously, its just rude. We're all on a Star Wars internet forum.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Amazing! I really enjoyed the first one, but this looks to have the scale of the Raimi films- probably my only concern is the sudden jump from grounded, smaller, more personal film to Super Epic without something transitory in between.

Other than that, though- this is the best looking Spidey film so far (though SM2 might have had a better trailer arguably).

The Chronicle kid makes for a really creepy Harry, for sure. I love the Rhino's suit being mechanized- his costume was always one the sillier looking ones (not as bad as Vultures though ;) ) and has been one of the more difficult to translate without looking ridiculous. So, really good call there.

Speaking of Vulture- that one lab shot looks to have a set of wings in storage/development.

Team Padme likes this.
  15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The costume looks right. I'm a bit worried about the number of villains, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they've actually cracked making multiple bad-guys work.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Rhino is going to be a major villain in this one- he'll probably be the goon Spidey stops at the start and an armored henchmen seeking revenge unleashed by the real villains at the end.

So, so long as the Goblins/Electro thing works out, I think the film will be ok on the multi-villain front. It won't be much different than SM2 in that regards.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Harry looks like he went to the same barber as Spider-Man 3 emo-Peter.

Ghost and Darth_Invidious like this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So did the trailer really just spoil the mystery behind Peter's parents?

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The trailer looks good to me. And I'm not as of yet worried about villain overload. It all depends on what their roles are in the movie.

Spider-Man 3's myriad of problems but main problem wasn't that it had 3 villains, it's that it didn't use the 3 villains appropriately. Each villain added too many plotlines to the story, and the entire thing ended up being a mess. It tried to do too much all at once and all got muddled as a consequence.

20. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I really like this recent reboot of the Spider-Man franchise, with Andrew Garfield in the role. Tobey did a fantastic job in the previous films, but I always felt that trilogy was missing much of the humor associated with the character in the comics, and thankfully Garfield's incarnation sheds more light on that aspect of the character. The trailer looked neat...I cannot wait for the incorporation of Venom and Carnage, which is hopefully still to come.

Two actors whom I miss in the modern installments, however, are Bruce Campbell--who always did a cameo due to his friendship with Raimi, and J. K. Simmons--who starred as J. Jonah Jameson.

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Looks like Doc Ock's arms in the case next to them as well. Sinister Six is coming for sure.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Aha so Electro will fight Spider-Man with the powers of Dubstep according to the trailer?

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, he saw MOS and took inspiration ;).

Also there are six numbered chambers opening as well in one shot.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Funny, I don't ever recall the Sony logo actually showing up in any trailers like that. They must really be banking on this to succeed.

Also lol at that "Follow the Daily Bugle on tumblr" product placement.

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Shut up Flanders