main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Spider-Man] Peter's Story - Updated 8/2

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by blubeast1237, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Title: Peter's Story
    Author: The1237
    Genre: Drama, romance, action, adventure
    Characters: Peter Benjamin Parker(Spider-Man), Mary Jane Watson, May Parker, Gwen Thorn, Harry Osbourne, Eddie Brock, Cletus Kasady(Carnage), Otto Octavius(Doctor Octopus), and others from the Rogues Gallery.
    Summary: My, or rather Peter Parker's, take on the events that made him who he is and set him on the path of the man's he's trying to be.
    Special: This is for Reynar_Tedros. For challenging me to take this endeavor on. Thank you, my friend.

[b][u]Chapter 1: With Great Power...[/u][/b]

[blockquote]He had been late again. It hadn't been the first time and as Mary Jane had said, it wouldn't be the last. These simple things in life like showing up for a friend's show, or making it to your Aunt's birthday dinner, or even your best friend's father's funeral.

They all seemed so simple, yet were so hard to do when living double lives. Nobody knew that he, the four-eyed Peter Parker, was a freak swinging around New York City in a skin tight bodysuit fighting bad guys, yet creating new ones. And the one that had known, Norman Osbourne, was killed saving the city from his own bomb. A real hero.

It was so...hard.

He hadn't even gone home. Well what he called a home. It was just a rinky-dink apartment with no bathroom and no phone. He might as well have been in prison. MJ was currently mad at him and Harry Osbourne was taking over OsCorp, business meetings and the like. He didn't have time for friends right now, but still managed to talk to Peter about the snakes and weasels that had swarmed after his father's job as if he had never even existed. Harry was the only friend he had and they rarely talked, and Aunt May...Oh, Aunt May, things had been getting so hard for her too. They were threatening to take the house because Uncle Ben's life insurance hadn't come through and she was too old to work.

Oh, Uncle Ben...

A day didn't go by, especially now, that he didn't think about his Uncle and the night that he had been killed. The Thief had killed an old man, all for a car. Who would do that? Peter felt at times, when he reflected, that he was happy the thief had fell from the warehouse and happy that he was dead. But he tried to find forgiveness, even for the deceased, because that was what his Uncle would have wanted. But even the things he was struggling with. School, money, or lack of it, relationship problems, 1 thing stood out.

The fact that despite having family and friends, he was all alone.

It made him want to give up Spiderman. Besides, people did hate him. If it wasn't for his abilities and their jealousy of them, it was because he hadn't been there to save a college student from being attacked and beaten into a coma, even though he was across the city rescuing 11 people from a burning building. If that wasn't enough, Peter Parker had to take pictures of the mother, as she cursed Spiderman's name to the heavens. He couldn't be everywhere at once, but they didn't understand that and hated him for it. Norman Osbourne, or rather the Green Goblin(at the time), had been right...

[i]I chose my path, you chose the way of the [b]hero[/b]. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?[/i]

He was right, [i]why[/i]...why should he bother at all? He had the power to tear this city apart within a week. He could create chaos, anarchy, destruction and death if he ever felt the need to do so. New York City was fragile, similar to glass, and all he had to do was make a deep enough scratch...a niche...the rest would break into a thousand pieces and then everyone would hate everybody, then figuratively and literally, tear each other apart.

But his Uncle's words always brought him back from the break of insanity and villainy.

With great power, comes great responsibility...

And nobody knew that more than [b]

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice job. Does this follow the continuity of the films?

3. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Kind of. I changed the way Norman Osbourne died at the end of the first movie, though everything before that is still canon, to my story.

-B-

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Nice work. I don't even like Peter Parker and I'm interested to see more.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I love stories like this, little vignettes that get into a hero's head to explore what makes them tick. Good work!

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Thank you for the few that responded and hopefully I can continue to invite you to enjoy.:)

Chapter 2: Enter the Carnage

"So, tell me about yourself Cletus?" Dr. Thomas Brunstoke began.

Cletus Kasady raised his eyes to meet the Doctor's. This guy was new. The old one had been a young female, early twenties, with a sense of hope and admiration for the serial killer. She wanted to get inside his head and rearrange things so that he would come more normal, more accepted in the world's bustling society. Other doctors had warned the girl of Kasady's disturbing mind and his unrelenting attempts to describe his crimes, despite protests. Kasady had gotten into the poor girl's mind on purpose, however, just to show her how futile her attempts were to get into his.

"I'm pretty sure you know this, but I've killed a couple of people, Doc." Kasady took a minute to light a cigarette before continuing. "I should be in jail, but my lawyer takes pride in being able to show up the DAs and continues to come to my aide."

Brunstoke had written the entire time Kasady had talked and paused a second before asking his next question. "You seem upset about that, what you don't like help?"

Taking several puffs of the cigarette, Kasady scratched his ankle chain, and walked around the kitchen. He was being confined to his state issued apartment. This program that his lawyer had gotten him into was on a trial base, for obvious reasons. Kasady was put in a normal apartment. Given food, tv, natural luxuries, but was being monitored by guards and constantly interviewed by doctors to see if this led to a change in his mentality.

"Its not that I don't like it so much as I don't need it. Help is what these fools ask for from their god. I don't have any such chain."

"Is that why you kill?" The Doc was a quick one. "To prove a point?"

Kasady smiled. "No. I kill to kill. See here's something for you to wrap your mind around..." Kasady walked over to a cabinet, knocking ashes to the brand new floor, and pulled out a glass which he then filled up with beer, talking while he did so. "A little known fact is that when things are destroyed, its as fantastic as when they are created. A father watches his newborn baby being born. Now if he doesn't pass out, he cuts the cord and holds his baby in his arms, admiring the work that is creation. Now, I take the same amount of pleasure when I kill something, admiring the work that is destruction."

Doctor Brunstoke leaned back in his chair and, tapping his pen against his mouth, stared at Kasady with a smile on his face. "So, you're telling me that what you do is the same as a mother bringing a newborn baby into the world?"

Kasady shook his head, "No, I would be insane if I thought anything like that. I simply said that, to me, life and death should be equally worshipped things."

There was a brief pause in which the Doctor flipped over his notepad and Kasady lit another cigarette. "Okay. Let's move on to another topic. How was your childhood?"

"I didn't really have one. My dad killed my mom, I killed my grandmother, and my brother committed suicide after all this. In the least, we were a disfunctional family."

"How did you feel about your dad killing your mom?" The serial killer was beginning to find the Doctor's displacement exciting. Other doctors displaced themselves for the main fact that Kasady, if intimately thought about, would make them feel sick to their stomachs or drive them wacky, but Brunstoke was displaced because that was just his attitude, there wasn't a drive to be that way. He just...was.

"My dad wasn't a nice man to began with, mom just didn't know when to shut the hell up. And not saying he loved us more than her, but when he discovered her trying to kill me for torturing the dog, I guess all his rage just flew out. He grabbed one of those mechanical screwdrivers and went to work on her stomach and then her pretty little face. It made me feel awestruck watching her die, but I do miss the woman. S

7. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Suitably maniacal. I want to see more of this Cletus bugger.

8. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I never realized Casady was quite so sadistic, but they can only go so far on a Saturday Morning Cartoon. Should be interesting to see where this goes from here. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.